Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stapleton

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Stapleton

Postby indysteel » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:21 am

Anyone got an opinion on this guy as he fills in for KenDoll. Seems to be doing a fine job from what I can tell....at least I don't constantly see him picking himself up off the ground after throwing a "look out block" or chasing behind the D-lineman as he plants BR7.

Also, that roughing the passer call on Harrison tonight was BS. For the life of me, I can't see that one. The one on Crisco Washington for unsportsman like was a bit out of bounds too; however, I can at least, conceptually, understand that one.

Let me put it this way --- if that was a Patriot LB, no foul would have been called. Nuff said.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Stapleton

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:28 am

It's called "how can we unduly influence the outcome of the game against Da Stillers?". Fuck those asshole officials-that should be contestable somehow and I don't mean on Tuesday morning after the game is over either.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I've seen my share of calls going both ways for and against Pgh., and I wish that they could get their shit together already.

'Nuff said.

J.M.H.O.
CRUCIBLE STEEL AND SPECIALTY ALLOYS DIVISION. COLT INDUSTRIES. VESUVIUS RESEARCH MIDLAND PENNSYLVANIA.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby StainlessStill » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:33 am

Stapleton once again filled in well at right Guard. Would have to watch another run through of the game but it seemed the right side held it's own tonight.. I'm still not sold on Colon. Felt good about the time Ben had.. putting in plays such as the draw and the 3-4 step drops backed the Defense up just a hair so the O could have some room to make plays, and they did. Ben held on the ball for too long at times, but we're going to have to accept that. That's the way BR-7 plays. That ball he threw to Ward late in the game when he eluded that rush was immaculate. Pat on the shoulder for Ben on that one.

I don't want to get into the roughing the QB call on Harrison. The refs did their part but FAILED. What was with that clock management by the refs on that 2 pointer? The white stripes were VERY odd tonight and that crew needs to be under a larger microscope. Also that Unnecessary Roughness on Clark was jack shit since the ball was tipped. This game is the fastest sport played in the world, and the refs must realize it. Game shouldn't have been this close. We dominated all phases.

Also.. a little love for Anthony Madison. The guy virtually makes every damn tackle on special teams.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:47 am

there wasnt pressure up the middle every single pass play, so im guessing simmons wasn't playing

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby kapone » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:29 am

Also, that roughing the passer call on Harrison tonight was BS.

Agree..wanna see an even bigger bullshit roughing call? Check out the one in the Tenn/Balt game...went against the ratbirds, so I loved it.

Practice Squad

Postby TallyStiller » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:14 pm

Classic addition by subtraction. This injury could be as big a positive for this franchise as Turnover Tommy's in week 2 '04. This was the ONLY way we were gonna get Simmons to the bench - and now we get the cap friendly Stapleton in the games and outperforming him for four solid months. Not ONLY does our line play improve for the remainder of this season to the point that we go from wondering if 8 - 8 will be enough to carry the division to thinking we can get to Tampa, we also get to release Simmons and his bloated mistake of a contract after the season. That plus getting Fat Max's money off the cap might allow us to scrape together enough dollars to resign BMac and keep some other FA's - which until last night's performance would've had me thinking Marvel, but I am now becoming convinced that Essex can do the job as capably as Kemo has in filling Crybaby Alan's overpaid shoes.

Return to Stillers Talk