Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Watched replay of Jags-Steelers 07 play off game

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Watched replay of Jags-Steelers 07 play off game

Postby lloydrules » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:42 pm

Pgh clearly out played all over with just 1 exception: turn overs. Ben was horrific with throwing pics that game. Just horrible.

Funny that, Parker was out that game and Dookie was in the mix. Just like tomorrow.

Jags are missing 1/2 their starting D backfield for this game.

Jags not all that good at pressuring the QB.

Pgh will have almost no rushing game to speak of.

But everyone always says, that Pgh's game isn't having Ben throw the ball over 30 times and that ultimately, they lose most of the games he does.

If that's true, then this is most likely an L.

Is that true?

Mojo is the Jag to fear. He is a Steeler killer.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Watched replay of Jags-Steelers 07 play off game

Postby Scalaid6 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:14 pm

Yeah, when I pointed that out last week I was a troll, an idiot, a Ben hater etc. I even posted the highlights from the game and people still wouldnt believe. The turnovers got us in such a big hole. Sure we came back but eliminate the 4 turnovers by our QB and we win BIG. It is true when Ben passes alot the record is CONSIDERABLY worse than when he passes 15-20 times. Its ugly ball but we win. Having said that I HOPE we open it up vs the Jags and PASS. I dont think Davenport is any good,he is a big back that runs SUPER SOFT. Mewelde is elusive but hes basically a 3rd down back. If Ben gets that ball out we will be fine, if he holds it, looking for the big play, we will not fair as well. I say start Mewelde and lets see what he can do, he showed me alot of potential last game.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:37 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:Yeah, when I pointed that out last week I was a troll, an idiot, a Ben hater etc. I even posted the highlights from the game and people still wouldnt believe. The turnovers got us in such a big hole. Sure we came back but eliminate the 4 turnovers by our QB and we win BIG. It is true when Ben passes alot the record is CONSIDERABLY worse than when he passes 15-20 times. Its ugly ball but we win. Having said that I HOPE we open it up vs the Jags and PASS. I dont think Davenport is any good,he is a big back that runs SUPER SOFT. Mewelde is elusive but hes basically a 3rd down back. If Ben gets that ball out we will be fine, if he holds it, looking for the big play, we will not fair as well. I say start Mewelde and lets see what he can do, he showed me alot of potential last game.

Yea, I say for this game, and maybe a few others, to turn into a "spread them out" kind of offense. And Moore is suitable for that. Please, dear God, don't be so stupid to stubbornly think they are going to power ball it in these conditions. They can't power ball it even IF we were 100% healthy against the Jags. Missing our top FB and top 2 HB means we must do something different.

If they start wasting playing running up the middle, I'm gonna turn the game off.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:08 pm

I watched it to last night and just as awfull as ben was in the first half he was equally amazing in the second half and if tomlin/ariens did not go into a shell the stillers are in ne the following week...

but I do wish I did not watch that game again because it really brought back the realization of how bad those two coaches are.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:14 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:Sure we came back but eliminate the 4 turnovers by our QB and we win BIG.

stupid coment by a stiller fan, you should know by the way ariens/tomlin call a game that they were never winning big unless we scored on defensive turnovers ....

The three plays called on the stillers last offensive series solidify's what I just said!
even if the stillers were up by 14 at the half tomlin would have run run run in the second and our defense would have given up a few td's in all likley hood which would have put the game with both teams having a chance to win on thier last series.....

The bottom line is ,ben handed te ball to tomlin with the lead after his final series!
End of story!

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Wooderson » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:45 pm

Here is the deal. We must defend Garrard. The Jags are not a dominate team. We will be in a position to win this game in the 4Q, worst case. But Garrard is very similar to old McNair. McNair always killed us in late drives, because he would wait until the coverage ran off and then he would run. See the Houston game? We MUST have Timmons on the field spying Garrard if the game is close in the 4Q. Farrior nor Foote can cover or bring him down. Both are pathetic and overrated. We need Timmons on the field, especially in 4Q if the game is on the line. I pray the coaching staff realizes this. If I see Garrard moving the ball in the 4Q, I will be calling for D-L's head like I am Arians head. We have the talent, fellas, right now it's the coaching that has this team hanging in the balance.

Practice Squad

Postby SteelTreal » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:59 am

Major difference this time around is last year NO AARON SMITH 1/3 the starting D line this year NO HAM NO KIESEL 2/3 the D line... after watching that game if some how we dont have the lead 2nd half jags will run all over us cuz most of their runs were to the left away from Aaron Smiths side

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:17 pm

darthsteel wrote:
Scalaid6 wrote:Sure we came back but eliminate the 4 turnovers by our QB and we win BIG.

stupid coment by a stiller fan, you should know by the way ariens/tomlin call a game that they were never winning big unless we scored on defensive turnovers ....

The three plays called on the stillers last offensive series solidify's what I just said!
even if the stillers were up by 14 at the half tomlin would have run run run in the second and our defense would have given up a few td's in all likley hood which would have put the game with both teams having a chance to win on thier last series.....

The bottom line is ,ben handed te ball to tomlin with the lead after his final series!
End of story!

The usual diversionary comments that dominate this site. I GUARANTEE if you interview ANY coach and ask them do most teams win when they turn the ball over 4 times, the MAJORITY will say, TURNOVERS KILL YOU AND YOU WONT WIN MANY GAMES THAT WAY. But ole Barfsteel the IGNORAMOUS says that JUST BECAUSE Ben had a good 2nd half that cancels out his 1st have and the points he gave the Jags. Its not a coincidence that he blames the coaches AND NOT BEN. This is the backwards thinking of most of the people on this site. Thats like OJ committing the robbery and saying he was found guilty because it was an all white jury. Hey OJ "How bout if youd never have went in the room as you did you wouldnt have gotten charged! HOW BOUT THAT??".
Barf, continues to amaze me. "ITS TOMLINS FAULT! ITS ARIANS FAULT!" Ben got us the lead as he SHOULD, hes the one who put us in a hole too but according to GOOD OLE BOY DARTHSTEEL, its on the coaches. You can tell he watches channel ZERO!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:30 pm

darthsteel wrote:

End of story!

Since when does Tomlin call offensive plays??? SOMEBODY HAS ISSUES :celebrate:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:48 pm

since when does a head coach not have a say in a playcall? what the hell shits some of these idiots out?

tomlin has a headset , he can over rule anything ariens calls....

ben handed tomilin the ball with the lead, tomlin fropped it , end of story!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:31 am

Tomlin has said he DOESNT over ride any calls as of yet. Ben also spotted the Jags 17 points but I know I know, its Tomlins fault they lost. Did Tomlin throw that incomplete pass on the 2 pt conversion? OF COURSE HE DID! AGAIN, SOMEBODY HAS ISSUES :celebrate:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:34 am

Tomlin put Rashean Mathis' hands together and made him squeeze both of those picks. Tomlin tripped Clark Haggans and let Garrard get that 1st on 4th and 2. Tomlin also pulled that flag out of the refs pocket on the 2pt conversion and he also told the NT the play and thats how he picked off that screen. Man, Benedict Arnold has nothing on our coach.

Return to Stillers Talk