Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Tomlin - Leftwich a breath of fresh air

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Greenhorned Rookie

Tomlin - Leftwich a breath of fresh air

Postby DashRipRock » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:19 pm

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 91330.html

Probably nothing, but that phrase usually indicates that the current air is stale and unpleasant. Are there any indications that Tomlin has issues with Ben? I haven't heard of any.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Tomlin - Leftwich a breath of fresh air

Postby Scalaid6 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:11 pm

Here we go a Tomlin hater trying to create dissention among the team. If He and Tomlin had issues Ben wouldnt be one of Tomlins BIGGEST backers. Ben would be talking about him like he did Wisenhunt and hes not, so they are good. Quit reaching

Practice Squad

Postby Scarletfire1970 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:57 pm

Does Hines hate Ben too?

Wide receiver Hines Ward called the player who has been on the Steelers for less than three months a "locker room favorite."

Even if it is true, Tomlin better find a way to get along with the franchise QB, or get a new gig because I am sure if given the choice of one or the other, the Rooney's would keep their franchise QB.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:02 pm

I know you guys WANT Tomlin gone but keep hoping :celebrate:

Why cant they be TELLING THE TRUTH? Why does there have to be some ulterior motive behind the story? What is WRONG with you guys?
Last edited by Scalaid6 on Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:39 am

Is it a racial issue? Not saying it is, just asking the obvious question.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:38 am

With fans on this site, YES. With the Steelers? NO

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:05 am

DashRipRock wrote:http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_591330.html

Probably nothing, but that phrase usually indicates that the current air is stale and unpleasant. Are there any indications that Tomlin has issues with Ben? I haven't heard of any.

Tomlin was being nice and backing up one of his QBs. He has no reason to trash Leftwich. Neither does Hines Ward. Maybe Leftwich is just a genuinely nice guy. I don't think Tomlin has issues with Ben. Why would he?

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Steelers4Tim » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:09 am

DashRipRock wrote:http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_591330.html

Why would anyone, including Tomlin, have issues with Ben? It's not that big of a deal, really. Hell, just because we give a guy 102mill and just because he often plays like Mark Malone and just because we mortgaged our future for a game managing QB doesn't mean anything. Lots of teams give huge money for QB play, and it all works in the end. Take the Bungles, for instance. They ponied up all that money for Cornhole Palmer like the fans wanted them to, and what happened? They have an explosive offense filled with stars, and their fan base just loves it.

When we gave Ben all that money, it meant more than not having money to spend on quality offensive lineman and quality running backs, it meant happiness for the fan base, which is exactly why we should have gave Ben 202mill, IMO.
"If you lead a good life, say your prayers and go to church, when you die you might go to Pittsburgh".
-Steelers folklore

Seasoned Veteran

Postby rick723 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:30 am

Coke Oven wrote:Is it a racial issue? Not saying it is, just asking the obvious question.

Some will say those things because it is racial. Others will want Cowher back and can't let it go. Bottom Line, Tomlin is winning games. Let him alone. And for future years, there will be a bad year sooner or lateer. Just hush!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:39 am

I'm glad we has SOME reasonable people on this site!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:49 am

"When we gave Ben all that money, it meant more than not having money to spend on quality offensive lineman and quality running backs, it meant happiness for the fan base, which is exactly why we should have gave Ben 202mill, IMO."

How much did the Pats give Brady? How is their OL doing? Some teams seem to seek ways to win while others don't.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:52 am

"Just hush"

Two little words with enormous magnitude. If Tomlin is openly advocating discrimination based on race then it shouldn't and can't be hushed. It's starting to look, walk, and quack like a duck.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:07 pm

BL4 is a good guy. I have observed his non-chalant way of dealing with the pressure cooker called the National Football League and it is a real shame that the JAX JAGOFFS did what they did the way that they did it to BL4. Like it or not, fan loyalty aside, the N.F.L. is Big Business and the money and forces at play go beyond the coaching and players level. The Rooney's ownership issues of the team in recent days is a very good example of this. Maybe Tomlin and BL4 have some professional ties in their collective pasts that they are good acquaintances. I cannot speak to this as I don't know.

That being said I am taking a time trip into history back to the 1970's prior to Free Agency changing the landscape of the entire League. If memory serves correctly, our H.O.F. QB, T.B. #12 was absolutely terrible his first few seasons before we even made the playoffs let alone a Superbowl appearance. Coach Noll and Bradshaw had notorious catfights on the sidelines and both parted ways in the end pissed off and bitter at each other, since then they have forgiven each other and become friends again realizing how ridiculous they felt about the whole thing.

BR7 made it known that he and the Lord Silly Cowshit did not "get along" well. Maybe BR7 is suffering the same type of ego problems T.B. #12 had back in the day-O.L. issues set aside for the time being. You do have to admit, we probably would not have made it to S.B. XL let alone win that game without BR7. I doubt that Mommy Saddox wouldv'e led Stiller Nation to the Promised Land with the exact same team BR7 had to work with.

Back on point though. If someone in the organization manages to wake up FINALLY and realize that their O.C. is an absolute fucking moron and that they need to get some O.L. drafts to fill gaping holes, this team will be a legitimate contender for another S.B. win. I read another post here and agree that if this season goes well for Da Stillers, the old addage of: "if it ain't broke don't fix it" will apply and, we as denizens of Stiller Nation will be subjected to the same old sorry ass football results for many a year to come. By that time, BR7 will be RETIRED in a wheelchair due to the O.L. issues and it will be too late by then to do anything.

"GO STILLERS!" :subngtowl:

J.M.H.O.
CRUCIBLE STEEL AND SPECIALTY ALLOYS DIVISION. COLT INDUSTRIES. VESUVIUS RESEARCH MIDLAND PENNSYLVANIA.

Return to Stillers Talk