Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Deep into the playoffs? How can that be bad?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Deep into the playoffs? How can that be bad?

Postby SNW » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:09 pm

Just a thought, this team, the one with Big Ben and a great D, can make it to the AFCC or Superbowl. No Brady, Denver has no D, Manning has no D or OL, SD has no luck, I don’t believe in Tenn., or Buff. That pretty much puts the Steelers right in the hunt.
If it does;
Airens and Zierlein are here to stay.
The OL will not be a top priority in the offseason.
The DL especially will not be a priority.
The money needed to get the OL/DL needed will not be there. Cutting dead wood wise.
The high draft pick necessary to get a top LT and DT will not be there.
One more year of BA and BPA will get Ben killed and what could be a multiple Superbowl team will likely fall short.
My hope is that Tomlin has BA on a very short leash. I wish Ben did not have to point out he should, but any way it happens, I’ll live with.
Optimistically, Tomlin saw a problem with the Special Teams and seems to have fixed that problem . If he sees a problem with the OC, and he fixes that, he’s on his way to a long career as HC for the Pittsburgh Steelers. For the record, this is what I'm hoping for.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Deep into the playoffs? How can that be bad?

Postby Hi5Steeler » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:23 am

steelers are 3-1 with a probable win this weekend making us 4-1...then after a two week rest we play the bungles making us 5-1.

Why wouldnt we have a great shot at the superbowl?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby bigjoespompano » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:26 am

Hi5Steeler wrote:steelers are 3-1 with a probable win this weekend making us 4-1...then after a two week rest we play the bungles making us 5-1.

Jezuz! I've heard of "Drinking the Kool-aid" but You must be bathing in the stuff...

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby JimPgh1 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:23 pm

Hi5Steeler wrote:steelers are 3-1 with a probable win this weekend making us 4-1...then after a two week rest we play the bungles making us 5-1.

Probable win? Why would you say that? When's the last time we beat Jax?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:52 pm

we would have beat the faguars in the playoffs if we would have had willie reid. and we would have beaten them decisively.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby JimPgh1 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:06 pm

Hi5Steeler wrote:we would have beat the faguars in the playoffs if we would have had willie reid. and we would have beaten them decisively.

Yeah, IF. We could have beaten them every time we lost, IF. Somehow, we always find a way to lose to them.

Will it be different this time? I hope to hell it is; we need to be 4-1 at the bye.

Return to Stillers Talk