Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » I KNOW THIS IS AN OLD STORY THAT WAS POSTED PRIOR, BUT...

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

I KNOW THIS IS AN OLD STORY THAT WAS POSTED PRIOR, BUT...

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:56 pm

This is why I absolutely love this team no matter what happens or what assholes fuck up the team in the interim. Even the impudent and typically arrogant cowfags in Dallasssss cannot beat the claim to fame The Steelers have in the originality of the Steel-Mark logo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... =nfl,86626

Growing up watching my family going ballistic in the living room over 4 super bowl wins has etched the Steelers on my mind, body, and soul-FOREVER. I will never forget my Dad screaming and ranting and raving over Jack Lambert getting ejected from the game after he planted Harris-I just sat there terrified that I would get smacked in his frustration as he looked for a target to attack... Thank Jesus we won that SuperBowl!!!!

Stiller born and Stiller bred, when I die I'll be Stiller's dead.

Go Stillers!!!! :sucope: :subngtowl: :sufootballhelmet:
CRUCIBLE STEEL AND SPECIALTY ALLOYS DIVISION. COLT INDUSTRIES. VESUVIUS RESEARCH MIDLAND PENNSYLVANIA.

Greenhorned Rookie

Re: I KNOW THIS IS AN OLD STORY THAT WAS POSTED PRIOR, BUT...

Postby DashRipRock » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:49 am

A couple of enduring childhood memories -

Dad in his chair - "Give the ball to Franco!" every Sunday..

At Grandma's house - game wasn't on TV for some reason, don't know why we were at Grandma's (Pittsburgh area) - on the radio the immaculate reception - "..and the ball's plucked out the air by Franco Harris!.."

People don't understand the whole Pittsburgh DNA. It's awesome.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby TheOldRanger » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:39 am

My earliest Steeler memory is listening to my dad cursing Jim Brown while listening to a game on the radio. I got punished for blurting out "God Damn that son of a bitch Jimmy Brown" in front of company when I was five. I suffered with the team throughout the 60s and early 70s, then we drafted Joe Greene and Terry Bradshaw and all of a sudden, Howard Cosell was singing the praises of the "powerhouse Pittsburgh Steelers" on Monday Night Football. I too listened to the Immaculate Reception on the radio, because the game was blacked out in the local area (you never got to see home games on TV in the blackout area; the teams were afraid that no one would come to the games if they were easily accesible on home TV for free. Idiots.) We owned the Seventies, stumbled and bumbled a bit in the 80s, but came back to prominence in the 90s. I'll be attending my niece's wedding in November; the decor will be Steelers black and gold. My office is painted black and gold and decorated with Steelers junk everywhere. My gameday flag is still flying out front today, to give a big FU to all the Ravens fans driving to work each morning (I live in Ravens country). The Steelers are part and parcel of my miserable life.

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:57 pm

I didn't really pay much attention to the Steelers until they drafted Jack Ham and Franco Harris, two guys who played for my home-town college team (Penn State) and whom I followed throughout their college and pro careers.

Throughout the glory years of the late 1970s, my buddies and I would gather in front of a TV and quaff all the beer we could drink and raise hell during the games. We live and died with the team. The 1980s were painful as could be to us, but life does go in circles.

Return to Stillers Talk