Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » What's with the UNTIMELY time outs?! Lost TD's, lost 1stdown

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

What's with the UNTIMELY time outs?! Lost TD's, lost 1stdown

Postby terminalvelocity » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:42 am

The last 2 games untimely time-outs have cost us dearly! A few 1st downs lost then the lost touchdown in the 4th-Q of the Ravens game. When you have them off balance Tomlin needs to capitalize with the no-huddle. I like tomlin but question his sideline skills at times.

Now I wish thay would go back to time-outs only by the players!

What's up with the BAD time outs?

Terminalvelocity

Grizzled Veteran

Re: What's with the UNTIMELY time outs?! Lost TD's, lost 1stdown

Postby Scalaid6 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:07 am

I think its harmless. Its always better to get on the same page than to go with uncertainty. At no time has a timeout cost us big. In the Cleveland game it cost us a 1st down but did it hurt us? Come on, what are you guys going to start complaining about next, the shade of black in the uniforms? My goodness

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby catesinator » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:05 am

Scalaid6 wrote:I think its harmless. Its always better to get on the same page than to go with uncertainty. At no time has a timeout cost us big. In the Cleveland game it cost us a 1st down but did it hurt us? Come on, what are you guys going to start complaining about next, the shade of black in the uniforms? My goodness

At no time has a timeout cost us big? Dude in the Monday night game this week we had a touchdown called back because Tomlin called for time and ended up having to settle for a field goal. Had we scored a TD in that situation the game would have been over and we wouldn't have had to take our chances in OT.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:20 am

Prove Tomlin called that Timeout sir.

Practice Squad

Postby SNW » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:18 pm

I believe that this has happend 4 times this year, twice Monday, once they stopped a 4-1, and I can't be sure of the other. All were positive plays by the Steelers. Tomlin commented on that yesterday so he is aware and I'm pretty sure he'll stop doing it.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:36 pm

Again, prove Tomlin called that timeout and what touchdown was called back vs Ravens?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:13 pm

Silence of the Lambs?????

Practice Squad

Postby terminalvelocity » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:33 pm

Tomlin is the coach, he's on the sideline, he is responsible for timeouts. Case closed!!!

Terminalvelocity

Practice Squad

Postby terminalvelocity » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:36 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:Again, prove Tomlin called that timeout and what touchdown was called back vs Ravens?

We had a clear completion and lane to score when the whistle blew eliminating the play that was an obvious TD for a timeout.

Ask anybody if we were scoring when the whistle!
Term

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:41 pm

terminalvelocity wrote:
Scalaid6 wrote:Again, prove Tomlin called that timeout and what touchdown was called back vs Ravens?

We had a clear completion and lane to score when the whistle blew eliminating the play that was an obvious TD for a timeout.

Ask anybody if we were scoring when the whistle!
Term

From Yahoo! Sports Team Report
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... eam_report

Coach Mike Tomlin admitted he erred when he called a timeout just before Ben Roethlisberger threw a 10-yard TD pass against the Ravens in the fourth quarter. The Steelers had to settle for a field goal instead for a 20-13 lead.

“That’s one of the many mistakes that I make from time to time,” Tomlin said. “I told my football team this after the game, that I’ve got to learn to trust our quarterback in terms of managing the game from a play-clock standpoint.”

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:23 pm

THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT SUBSTANTIATION! Thanks Nel! So when Ben makes a mistake all is well but when the COACHES (Arians/Tomlin) They get the axe. Was that timeout as costly as that turnover Ben threw vs Ravens (funny not ONE post in regards to how eratic our Qb is at times). You guys tell the truth when the coaches make a error ( I admit Arians has bad playcalling and Tomlin is GREEN as a coach) I am a realist. But my honesty goes for the WHOLE team. Ben is not off limits with me as you guys know. In fact, NOBODY on the team is. If they play well, I say it but if they dont, I say that too, no need to get mad, just prove me wrong as Nel did. I like that.

Return to Stillers Talk