Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » carey davis sucks

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

carey davis sucks

Postby titsmcgee21 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:22 pm

carey davis was worthless in the first place before he got hurt...he has done nothing to improve our offense at all...get him outta here!... bring back dan the man kreider (who has fought his way back from a torn ACL and is now starting for the rams...granted the rams suck ass but hey, kreider is exponentially better than davis as a fullback)

Grizzled Veteran

Re: carey davis sucks

Postby Scalaid6 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:32 pm

I dont think Davis sucks at all. The guy started as a rookie. He also learned the HB postion also. How many fbs are effective or even uses (save the mike alstott crap) he had maybe 3 productive years. About krieder PFFFFFFFT. Ben or Tammy would throw him a swing pass and those cement hands used to deflate the ball. I will say this, hes a good blocker but after Bart Scott knocked him cold hes been on the decline ever since. I'll take Davis any day.

Practice Squad

Postby titsmcgee21 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:19 pm

you're a bonehead...i think i could lead block better than davis...why do you think we started using McHugh at fullback on monday (before davis got hurt)?, and it seemed to improve the run game for the few times we did it...maybe retard arians realizes davis is garbage and should not even be in the NFL; there is a reason he has been cut by 4 teams...plus he does not contribute anything to the pass game, which was the reason for keeping him and not Kreider...arians wanted a versitile fullback who could catch out of the backfield...how many catches does davis have since he's been a starter?...14 for 58 yards...wow what a versitile fullback

Receiver totals for 2008: 2 catches for 9 yards
Rushing totals for 2008: 18 yards on 10 carries 1.8 avg.

i'm not sayin Kreider was a great receiver, but we obviously don't use the fullback to catch the ball, his job is to lead block, and Dan the Man was one of the best...Think Ray Lewis was happy to see Davis at fullback and not Kreider (who owns Stabbin Ray-ray)?

to sum it all up:
Carey Davis = Merry Gaybitch
Dan Kreider = Man Fighter

who would you rather have? haha

p.s. davis did not start as a rookie, he has been in the league since 2004...god you're a loser ha

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:24 pm

McLovin thinks it funny somebody started a Carey Davis vs. Dan Krieder debate especially when there are much bigger problems facing this team

Practice Squad

Postby titsmcgee21 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:28 pm

ha, what?, like any debate we have on here has any bearing on the team?...so i felt like bashing davis, what of it?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:05 pm

titsmcgee21 wrote:you're a bonehead...i think i could lead block better than davis...why do you think we started using McHugh at fullback on monday (before davis got hurt)?, and it seemed to improve the run game for the few times we did it...maybe retard arians realizes davis is garbage and should not even be in the NFL; there is a reason he has been cut by 4 teams...plus he does not contribute anything to the pass game, which was the reason for keeping him and not Kreider...arians wanted a versitile fullback who could catch out of the backfield...how many catches does davis have since he's been a starter?...14 for 58 yards...wow what a versitile fullback

Receiver totals for 2008: 2 catches for 9 yards
Rushing totals for 2008: 18 yards on 10 carries 1.8 avg.

i'm not sayin Kreider was a great receiver, but we obviously don't use the fullback to catch the ball, his job is to lead block, and Dan the Man was one of the best...Think Ray Lewis was happy to see Davis at fullback and not Kreider (who owns Stabbin Ray-ray)?

to sum it all up:
Carey Davis = Merry Gaybitch
Dan Kreider = Man Fighter

who would you rather have? haha

p.s. davis did not start as a rookie, he has been in the league since 2004...god you're a loser ha

I stand corrected, davis started his FIRST year with the Steelers. The point is he was kept because of his versatility as we saw who the back was when Mendenhall went out. He was replaced at FB due to being banged up and he decided he could go so he came back in. Being cut is not a measure of talent, Michael Jordan got cut early in his career too, some bum. Also, Willie Anderson, John Lynch, Ashlie Lelie and Rudy Johnson as well. Obviously you dont prefer Davis and thats fine but you cant say kreider is better because if you can do MORE than a individual how are you better? Krieder was a one dimensional robot, who was a good blocker but by no means better than davis. I know I'm a bonehead, I'm a loser, blah blah blah. The bonehead is the one who made the statement "I can block better than Davis". So what day will you be reporting to Steelers practice because quite frankly, I DONT BELIEVE YOU!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:33 pm

I gotta admit: I've been wondering what Davis is any good at all season, and last year as well. I don't see him delivering any good lead blocks.

OK, I say to myself, I will forgo good lead blocking for his higher production in rushes and catching passes. Oh, wait, he sucks at those things, too. I have never seen him make plays of any sort with any kind of production or play making.

It's not like it's a case of John L. Williams, where he didn't block much but was super productive in catching passes.

No, it appears that we gave up the "Ray-Lewis-wrecking ball blocks" (And make no mistake: Kreider has leveled Ray on many plays in the past) for a guy who can't make lead blocks __AND__ doesn't offer any production with rushes or passes out of the backfield.

Whoever made the decision to start Davis over Kreider is an asshole.

Practice Squad

Postby titsmcgee21 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:36 pm

haha, i can't believe you just compared carey davis to michael jordan... and if you took my statement about me being able to block better as serious, then you truely are a bonehead...

"Obviously you dont prefer Davis and thats fine but you cant say kreider is better because if you can do MORE than a individual how are you better?"

what?...this statement turned my brain to shit

p.s. escalades are so cool man, i'm honored that someone so awesome responded to my post, thanks buddy

Grizzled Veteran

Postby deltadweller » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:41 pm

The true fullback is almost obsolete. Just play a tight end H-back type back there like we did this week and call it good. What does a fullback do? Block and catch passes. Sounds like a tight end. Except in our system. :no: Only Heath gets to sniff the ball at TE.

Practice Squad

Postby titsmcgee21 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:45 pm

thanks lloydrules... its nice to see that some other people see what is so obvious

...and yes the fullback is being phased out of the offense...but why? it worked...we won a superbowl with kreider paving the way...but thats a whole other can of worms...(arians sucks)

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:48 pm

We won a Super Bowl with Kreider leading the way? WOW. Why isnt he on the squad anymore then sir? Willie Parker was also on that Super Bowl team and HE says Davis is a better lead blocker, I'll take his word over mine and yours. Hows Stephen Jackson doing with that great lead blocker sir? Case closed. You guys act like a fb is supposed to be a offensive jaugernaut, thats insane. I NEVER compared davis to Jordan. The comparrison was the fact that they were both CUT, thats why I mentioned OTHER good players whe were cut. I know its hard for you to follow me but try to keep up sir.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:02 pm

I'm not saying kreider is not a adequate blocker cause he is but to say he levelled Ray Lewis means what? SO WHAT. Hines has leveled Bart Scott, Ray, Reed and many others, whats that mean? EVERYONE gets hit in the league. I do recall Bart Scott knocking him DRUNK , check and see if he had a concussion AFTER the Ravens game. I'm not putting any importance on that play because players get hit but for someone to make a case for someone as insignificant as KREIDER/DAVIS is BANNANAS.

Practice Squad

Postby titsmcgee21 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:58 pm

haven't been on in a few days cause i have a life, and i realize i should just let this topic die because it's useless and insignificant (but isn't every post on here in the same boat), but i cant let sca(rcely)laid think he put an end to it...

"Hows Stephen Jackson doing with that great lead blocker sir? Case closed."

- totally irrelevant...different team, which sucks...a lot, and their only true weapon is stevie jackson, so of course teams will key on him all day...

...and by the way, with kreider making his first start in week 4, jackson had his best game of the season and had over 100 yards with a 4.6 avg.

i'm not sayin kreider is the greatest fullback ever, i'm just sayin give me someone better than carey davis...this is where scal-i have-aids would act like a badass and say...Case Closed

Grizzled Veteran

Postby deltadweller » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:14 pm

I'm not saying don't run with a blocker in the I or power I set up. Just use a TE that should be bigger than most FB and capable of blocking. I liked Krieder, but if all that position is going to do, and for that matter the second TE, just put a tackle in to block. :)

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:03 pm

deltadweller wrote:I'm not saying don't run with a blocker in the I or power I set up. Just use a TE that should be bigger than most FB and capable of blocking. I liked Krieder, but if all that position is going to do, and for that matter the second TE, just put a tackle in to block. :)

well, that's a stretch...as a lead blocker, he better be able to get his fat ass into and through the hole before the RB gets there with the ball...
I do think McHugh was actually a better choice and did a much better job when he was in than Davis did, by far.
Wha make you tink I won cutchu, mang?!?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:27 am

titsmcgee21 wrote:haven't been on in a few days cause i have a life, and i realize i should just let this topic die because it's useless and insignificant (but isn't every post on here in the same boat), but i cant let sca(rcely)laid think he put an end to it...

"Hows Stephen Jackson doing with that great lead blocker sir? Case closed."

- totally irrelevant...different team, which sucks...a lot, and their only true weapon is stevie jackson, so of course teams will key on him all day...

...and by the way, with kreider making his first start in week 4, jackson had his best game of the season and had over 100 yards with a 4.6 avg.

i'm not sayin kreider is the greatest fullback ever, i'm just sayin give me someone better than carey davis...this is where scal-i have-aids would act like a badass and say...Case Closed

I Thought it is "totally irrelevant, different team, which sucks.. a lot and their only true weapon is stevie jackson" BY THE WAY HOLT IS A WEAPON TOO SIR. He takes the IRRELEVANT, DIFFERENT TEAM, WHICH SUCK A LOT AND TRIES TO MAKE HIS POINT! YIGH YIGH YIGH! TALK ABOUT A WALKING OXYMORON!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:32 am

Steeledge wrote:
deltadweller wrote:I'm not saying don't run with a blocker in the I or power I set up. Just use a TE that should be bigger than most FB and capable of blocking. I liked Krieder, but if all that position is going to do, and for that matter the second TE, just put a tackle in to block. :)

well, that's a stretch...as a lead blocker, he better be able to get his fat ass into and through the hole before the RB gets there with the ball...
I do think McHugh was actually a better choice and did a much better job when he was in than Davis did, by far.

Mchugh has played in 1 maybe two games vs Davis' close to 20. Our starting RB FWP says that Davis is the best blocking fb hes had but I guess you novices know best. Can Mchugh/Kreider play Hb? NO! Davis can play FB/HB therefore he is MORE OF AN ASSET TO THE TEAM. But you guys dont look at diversity. Mchugh is also with his third team got cut TWICE, that rationale was applied to Davis but it no issue when it comes to mchugh lol. I live in Idaho by the way so I'm a good ole boy but not to the extent of MOST OF YOU. By the way I think Dixon is better than Ben based on outplaying him in the pre-season. Yeah, I sound as DUMB as you guys when you say a guy whos HARDLY played is better than our starter.

Practice Squad

Postby titsmcgee21 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:09 pm

dude you need to go to an english class or something because i have a hard time trying to decipher your useless babble...

but in the end, carey davis sucks, but whatever, we dont need him anyway

go stillers

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:16 pm

Soluition: Dont read my posts then, SIMPLE. What can I say, I'm nothing w/o a paralegal :celebrate:
Davis is average and you can say he sucks, I'll accept that thats not my point. My point is kreider sux too or more, however, you want to look at it.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:23 pm

titsmcgee21 wrote:thanks lloydrules... its nice to see that some other people see what is so obvious

...and yes the fullback is being phased out of the offense...but why? it worked...we won a superbowl with kreider paving the way...but thats a whole other can of worms...(arians sucks)

Thanks, titsmgee,

I'm not really partial to any one system just one that wins. If you don't want a pounding lead blocking, do-nothing-else FB, fine. But who ever fills that personnel spot, he better be productive with stuff other than power blocking. And Davis isn't. He doesn't mow anyone down like Kreider did. And his catches out of the backfield go for zero yards most times.

Davis has taken a starting position and converted to a do nothing position. Who here remember the blocks by Kreider where he leveled Ray Lewis? Without him? Lewis leveled our #1 pick for the season.

Hmmmm. Put that in your pipe.

From knocking Lewis on his ass to him taking our first rounder for the season.

I don't think Tomlin's way has proved to be better - or as good - as the old way.

:no:

Next

Return to Stillers Talk