Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » New Article: Hard Hat Award (Game #4, vs. Balt.)

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

New Article: Hard Hat Award (Game #4, vs. Balt.)

Postby StillMill » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:19 pm

Hard Hat Award (Game #4, vs. Balt.) has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Stillers.com Team

Re: New Article: Hard Hat Award (Game #4, vs. Balt.)

Postby thesteelhammer » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:39 pm

They reminded me of Lloyd and Greene during the Baltimore game.

Practice Squad

Postby SteelTreal » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:13 am

Jeff Reed needs a honorable mention.. he's money

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:14 am

SteelTreal wrote:Jeff Reed needs a honorable mention.. he's money

The Minuteman (Moore) also played well, imo.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:14 am

McLovin slightly disagrees. Ben became a leader at halftime of that game. Chewing out his offensive teammates, telling Arians to go to no huddle, then taking hit after hit thanks to our shit offensive line with only bottom of the barrell Melwelde to run the ball. Ben is McLovin's hard hat winner. Woodley and Harrison played great but you also have to factor that they played against OT's that were even worse than the Steelers and against a rookie qb from Deleware that couldn't beat out Tyler freaking Palko.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Homer J » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:27 am

Hey,McLovin....

Disagree slightly with your characterization of Flaccid. So what if he couldn't beat out Tyler F. Palko? Tom Brady and Willie Parker didn't start in college either. It simply tells you that some college coaches don't know shit. Flaccid has a stronger arm and better field presence already than anyone they've had on the Ratbirds for years (yeah, I know...that's not saying much).
In some ways, the reminds me of Ben: big, not fast, tough, strong arm, rookie thrown in because of injury to starting QB, off to a surprisingly solid start. He can manage a game already, and since the Ratbirds have a softer schedule than the Steelers, he'll keep them in contention against a depleted Black and Gold.

Gotta give the Hard Hat to the two OLB's, because their play turned it around. In fact, they delivered the knockout blow on a single play - from which the Birds never recovered.

Props to Benji -- we'll never know how badly banged up he was and he played tough and he made his team and his offensive coordinator MAN UP and perform to their ability.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:37 am

perhaps McLovin need to expound upon his point about Flacco. He has a great arm and showed more mobility than I thought he had. He may SOMEDAY become a good qb. But all that said he is a ROOKIE from DELAWARE. Woodley and Harrison would've been embarrassed had that not been able to beat the Raven's sub-par OT's and harass a ROOKIE from DELAWARE. My point is that McLovin's stupid cop buddies could've predicted Woodley and Harrison were going to have a great game. The true hard hat winner is Ben who took a beating and became a leader in the second half of that game.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Homer J » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:15 am

Hey, McLovin...

Whyfore you be talking 'bout yourself in the third person? But that makes no nevermind.

I agree with you that Ben really passed the gut check Monday with flying colors, and maybe he deserved part of the HHA. :suplusone:

But the job that Silverback and Boy Wonder Woodley did on Flaccid took me back to the days of the Flying Kangaroos, when the Evil Aussies would both be in the ring, beatin' on some hapless stiff on Studio Wrestling, with Chilly Billy at the microphone. They took out a 55-gallon drum of whoopass....beat him with it...stole the ball....and Woodley stumbled and bumbled into the end zone before Izzy Moidell had a chance to count them out. I love to see a great tag team!!! That play was vintage Stiller football!!! :subngtowl: :sucope: :surockin: :sucope: :subngtowl: :surockin:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:22 am

Hey Homer J,

Why are you talking about Flying Kangaroos? McLovin says studio wrestling is gay analogy to Woodley and Harrison. They beat up on an offensive line that is a bad as the Steelers to abuse a rookie qb from Delaware...big deal. You want to impress me...stop Garrard and the Jags who physically man-handled us like Ray the Crippler breaking Superfly Snukas neck!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:16 pm

Excellent choices by The Committee. I think Ben should have at least rec'd an Honorable Mention for his efforts in Game #4, but hopefully, he'll get a Hard Hat Award soon.

Practice Squad

Postby Steel Reinvented » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:58 am

Seems Silverback could be the winner just about every week. Perhaps he's going for a record for most HH earned in one season by a Stiller?

:surockin:

Return to Stillers Talk