Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Jaguars Game

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Jaguars Game

Postby Scalaid6 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:12 pm

McLovin wrote:
Scalaid6 wrote:Jags have beat us like 5 str8 (not sure on the exact number). They play more physical than us. That running game wears us down. They beat us with Garrard and Leftwich, with Tomlin and Cowher and I'm tired of it. For all of you guys begging to throw more, you better look at the stats of games when Ben throws alot, its not pretty. Running the ball and passing here and there is the key to letting our defense rest. Lastly, you can never cross examine teams in the NFL- Texans passed on them so we can etc. Things change from week to week and personnel is different on every team, also we dont have a Andre Johnson on our roster. Yes passing is prettier and makes for better football BUT the numbers dont lie. I like Russell, Let him get a chance to shine

McLovin wants to know who you want to run the ball? You think the 3 headed monster of Melwede, Russell, and Dookie are scaring the Jags right now? Why can't you cross examine teams...its called scouting. Andre Johnson had only 3 catches for 38 yds against the jags. My guess is Hines or Holmes can top that pretty easily. Owen Daniels had 7 catches for 87 yds...Heath Miller is a comparible player to Daniels and needs to have a good game.

You cant cross examine them because the demographics of each game is different. Eagles lose to Cowboys and dont sack Romo once. Eagles beat us and sack Ben 8 times/Leftwich once. If the Steelers O-Line thought like you, theyd be saying "We dont have to worry about a pass rush because last week the Eagles hardly every blitzed Romo" BUT WHAT HAPPENED? Thats why you cant. Things change drastically from week to week. Of course Andre was held in check, DUH, Its called a safety over the top. My point was we dont have a wr that commands a double team, they can play us man up.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Stillustronic » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:37 pm

Garrard have been Steeler killers.

Gerrard has been far far far from a Steeler killer, imagine what his 46 QB rating in that playoff game would have been if Jones Drew would have been tackled for a 10 yard gain by Clark or Troy instead of turning a screen into a 43 yard TD.

Remember, the Steelers accounted for 2/3rds of Gerrard's INTs last year. A Steelers killer. If Ben played like Gerrard he'd be lambasted.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:12 pm

I agree, Garrard only hurt us on that 4th and 1 run where he sealed the game. Hes a mediocre qb in my opinion and I'd rathers face HIM, than Byron, ANYDAY.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Stillustronic » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:41 pm

Ben is picking Webster..I mean Leftwich's brain all week about the stupid Del Rio team's defensive tendencies. I have a feeling we and not them is going to benefit from having an ex-teamer on board. Yes, I think Del Rio is stupid.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Nashsteeler » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:39 pm

Teams have long been slinging it around on Del Rio. He shows and stubbornness and unwillingness to adapt to this. Let's hope we don't bang our heads up against the run defense that is their strength and attack their weakness instead with the short passing game. We have the personnel for this, especially this week obviously, with Moore as our "feature" back.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:42 pm

My Black and Gold Steeler Helmet hat arrived today. Going to be the hit of the Sunday Night party. Have 6 bottles of Latrobe painted label Rolling Rock left in the refridg.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:34 pm

Stillustronic wrote:
Garrard have been Steeler killers.

Gerrard has been far far far from a Steeler killer, imagine what his 46 QB rating in that playoff game would have been if Jones Drew would have been tackled for a 10 yard gain by Clark or Troy instead of turning a screen into a 43 yard TD.

Remember, the Steelers accounted for 2/3rds of Gerrard's INTs last year. A Steelers killer. If Ben played like Gerrard he'd be lambasted.

Score board. There is no better conclusion. Garrard played us twice last year, and beat us both games. His run on 4th in the play offs was INDEED a Steeler killer. Score board. It matter not how he played before that, but bottom line: He personally beat us when it mattered. Score board.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:44 pm

Pass-rush is better this year. We'll see if it makes a difference in the result.

Previous

Return to Stillers Talk