Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » You're not gonna believe this

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

You're not gonna believe this

Postby Coke Oven » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:10 am

I've got DirectTV with a DVR. I like to record the games and then watch them afterward. That way I fast forward through all of the commercials, all of the closeups between the plays, all of the other bullshit and get to concentrate on the play of the game. So I set my recorder for 3 hours and 45 minutes, enough time for any game I thought.

So I'm watching the game this morning. I got as far as the Steelers setting up to kick the field goal to win the game and my tv stopped playing. Ran out of time on my recording. Had to come here to see who won the game.

From now on I'm going to set up for 5 hours on my damned recordings.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: You're not gonna believe this

Postby steelerette » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:09 pm

Awww. :( That's about as bad as my power going off during the Steelers/Browns game a few weeks ago with only 3 minutes left in the game. I know your pain.

Aren't you glad it was a win you woke up to? :celebrate:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:37 pm

Yeah, I'm glad it was a win. But it was like the first Ali Frazer fight. Frazer won but he had to go to the hospital afterwards.

Practice Squad

Postby dave8105 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:52 pm

Another fun Direct Tv problem. WE had some storms move through last night, so pretty much the end of the first half and half of the third quarter I missed due to "searching for signal"

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:27 pm

Coke Oven wrote:Yeah, I'm glad it was a win. But it was like the first Ali Frazer fight. Frazer won but he had to go to the hospital afterwards.

Good analogy. I said "It's a win on the record, but how many losses will this win lead to?"

Return to Stillers Talk