Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » second half with no huddle did O Line look better?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

second half with no huddle did O Line look better?

Postby Hi5Steeler » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:45 am

It seemed so to me. was it that or stapleton or both?

Grizzled Veteran

Re: second half with no huddle did O Line look better?

Postby El Nino » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:15 am

ben was hitting hot reads, and dumping the ball off quicker. i like his ability to extend plays, but he's got a ton of players on that steelers team that are capable of putting big yards after the catch after a short pass. I'm content with dumping off 3-5 yarders to ward and santonio and see what they're capable of doing.

Seasoned Veteran

Re: second half with no huddle did O Line look better?

Postby dirtydave61 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:33 am

I think the O-line played a little better because of Roethlisberger's alleged halftime tantrum about being tired of "getting his tail kicked." I don't think Stapleton had much to do with it, although I didn't see him screw up.

However, I think what really made the difference is this: In Ben's post-game on-field interview, he said he convinced Arians and Tomlin to let him go no huddle in the third quarter and call his own plays. Funny, huh. As soon as BEN completely takes the reins of the offense, the Steelers start moving the ball for the first time since the very beginning of the Browns game. Ben continued to will his team to victory despite a vicious Ravens defense and injuries. On the negative side though, Ben still took several couple sacks when he darn well should have gotten rid of the ball -- especially the sack in OT before Moore caught the pass that made it a 46-yard field goal instead of a 53-yarder.

Above all else (and a win's a win), I think last night's game once again showed the ineptitude of Bruce Arians, and now I'm starting to wonder about Tomlin letting the offense suck so bad under Bruce. The team needs to sit down and figure out what works, and now that the RB depth is depleted, the passing game really needs to step it up.

Return to Stillers Talk