Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » post game ben said he begged arians and tomlin for no huddle

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

post game ben said he begged arians and tomlin for no huddle

Postby Hi5Steeler » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:59 am

and once they let him go no huddle they got the holmes TD. AND game turned.

arians fucked up the game plan. ben saved it.

end of story.

Seasoned Veteran

Re: post game ben said he begged arians and tomlin for no huddle

Postby Hoppy » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:00 am

Trade him to Cleveland....no cash involved.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:08 am

I was calling for the no huddle by the 2nd qt of the eagle game....But no its not stller football so we cant do that :(

one of your qbs biggest strengh dating back to college is the th no huddle yet because its not stiller football we dont play to his strengh.

why would you stop it after 1 possesion, because it worked?

Practice Squad

Postby derfsandmuskie » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:10 am

Why is it so easy for the fans to see what needs to happen. Isn't the OC suppose to be in the sky box instead of the sidelines? Move above the action so you can see what is going on in the game. Why the fuck is he on the sidelines!!!!!
Derfsandmuskie=aboyandhisdog

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:20 am

Hi5Steeler wrote:and once they let him go no huddle they got the holmes TD. AND game turned.

end of story.

More than once...I hope you all realize how significant to this entire season was the Overtime hot read to Moore for the first down in field goal range.

Not getting into range and turning the ball over at that point would have been the end of the game and the season. We would have pretty much turned the AFC North over to the Ravens and missed the playoffs altogether, because I seriously don't see a wildcard team coming from this division this year.

Ben's HOT READ (Scalaid6, are you out there?) pretty much SAVED THE ENTIRE SEASON IN A SINGLE PLAY!!

Thank GOD this dude does not give up!! People dropping all around him, and he carries IT ALL on his shoulders! :celebrate: :yes: :subngtowl: :surockin:

Too bad Arians probably gets to ride on his coat tails for another few weeks as a result... :(
Wha make you tink I won cutchu, mang?!?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:40 am

Steeledge wrote:
Hi5Steeler wrote:and once they let him go no huddle they got the holmes TD. AND game turned.

end of story.

More than once...I hope you all realize how significant to this entire season was the Overtime hot read to Moore for the first down in field goal range.

Not getting into range and turning the ball over at that point would have been the end of the game and the season. We would have pretty much turned the AFC North over to the Ravens and missed the playoffs altogether, because I seriously don't see a wildcard team coming from this division this year.

Ben's HOT READ (Scalaid6, are you out there?) pretty much SAVED THE ENTIRE SEASON IN A SINGLE PLAY!!

Thank GOD this dude does not give up!! People dropping all around him, and he carries IT ALL on his shoulders! :celebrate: :yes: :subngtowl: :surockin:

Too bad Arians probably gets to ride on his coat tails for another few weeks as a result... :(

im sure scaly was salavating for a minute when jaws said ben missed the hot read to hines in the first qt, then after commercial break came back an appologized to cornhead after watching the replay an determining ward was the one to miss the hot read!

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:46 am

At the time, I was thinking the same thing about scabies and the hot read, darth.

:lol:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:16 am

steeledge if you think that was a hot read you are insane. ben went left right and up left then up right. that wasnt a hot read that was scramble like a mother fucker and hope ANYBODY is open.

hotread....give me a break. it was pure big ben scrambling ability that saved that play not a HOTREAD.

ben went no huddle and that opened up the soft middle.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:26 am

Hi5Steeler wrote:steeledge if you think that was a hot read you are insane. ben went left right and up left then up right. that wasnt a hot read that was scramble like a mother fucker and hope ANYBODY is open.

hotread....give me a break. it was pure big ben scrambling ability that saved that play not a HOTREAD.

ben went no huddle and that opened up the soft middle.

...guess you missed the jailbreak blitz that was after his ass on that play? If it was last week, he would certainly have been pummeled.

instead, he delivered the ball in a hurry, after SOME adjustment...
If you recall, Moore was up-left, so Ben never would have gotten to read or remain up-right in your little scenario.

Ben in one play single-handedly saved the entire season.

Don't sell him short, dude...
Wha make you tink I won cutchu, mang?!?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:40 am

how did i sell ben short?

im just saying if scalaid was talking hotreads yadda yadda that is bullshit and doesnt mean shit.

the no huddle offense that ben begged for saved the game. pure and simple. without that we would have scored no points. and ben wouldnt have gotten that pass off as heda been likely sacked.

going no huddle makes it harder on defense to cover all the routes.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Homer J » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:56 am

Shit. If all it takes is begging, he ought to go to Tomlin and beg for a new offensive coordinator.

Problem solved. :surockin: :subngtowl: :surockin: :subngtowl: :surockin: :subngtowl:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:22 am

What would happen if Ben just ignored Ariens and Tomlin and called his own plays? Would they fire him? Would they bench him? I think not.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:03 pm

Homer J wrote:Shit. If all it takes is begging, he ought to go to Tomlin and beg for a new offensive coordinator.

Problem solved. :surockin: :subngtowl: :surockin: :subngtowl: :surockin: :subngtowl:

:lol: :suplusone:

Coke Oven wrote:What would happen if Ben just ignored Ariens and Tomlin and called his own plays? Would they fire him? Would they bench him? I think not.

Oooooo... I likey! :subngtowl: Heck no they wouldn't fire Ben. He's all they have to call the plays right now. :lol:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:20 pm

someones been watching any give sunday too many times

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:31 pm

Ben is great in the no-huddle.
We should run it all the time, like Jim Kelly's Buffalo Bills.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:39 pm

Did'nt troy p come out last season(I think possibly in the offseason prior to the 07 season) and say we were passing way to much and our defense is not built to be on the field as much as that type of fast scoring offense requires?

Basically for our defense to be most effective we have to run the ball and chew up the clock so the defense can perform to its capabilities,so either way we are gonna be in tight ball games do to one of the units not being up to snuff!

This could be the reason that the coaches are so persistent with running the ball, as they think over the long haul the defense will run out of gas. I just cant see proffesionals with so much football knowledge still palying the way the do , when its been obvious for the last 2 yrs that this offense is much better when it plays fast tempo ball in the air....

I do think at this point you have to roll the dice and go with the up tempo and see where it takes ya!

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:03 pm

thesteelhammer wrote:Ben is great in the no-huddle.
We should run it all the time, like Jim Kelly's Buffalo Bills.

And, contrary to some thoughts, no huddle doesn't have to mean NOT killing the clock. It let's Ben and the offense dictate the tempo while minimizing the defense's ability substitute at will. Since Ben gets his groove on from the no huddle and the offense follows, it CAN'T be worse than the previous game and a half. In fact, I think it could work nicely.

Return to Stillers Talk