Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Hey "announcers" - there's a football game happening

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Greenhorned Rookie

Hey "announcers" - there's a football game happening

Postby DashRipRock » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:40 pm

These MNF clowns get to riffing on irrelevant crap and just make the broadcast incredibly irritating. At one point - two complete plays went by without comment other than something about Delaware and somebody going "hello!...hello!", "oh yeah your kid went to Delaware".

Stillers.com Team

Re: Hey "announcers" - there's a football game happening

Postby thesteelhammer » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:42 pm

I usually watch the game, but listen to the Steelers crew.
Only problem is they usually are not in sync.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:46 pm

Dash,

You are right, they are making the broadcast about themselves instead of the game. Bullshit!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Lake37 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:42 am

I cannot stand to listen to Tony Kornheiser on MNF, and I actually had to mute him at a few points during the game tonight. His commentary adds nothing to the game that is going on and it seems as if he is reading page long articles which he has written before the game even started. Jaws on the other hand I appreciate what he brings to the broadcast and he usually has some sort of information which applies to the game.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:56 am

i was seriously pissed off about the cast. kornholer needs to get fired and sue him to get back what they already paid him

Practice Squad

Postby derfsandmuskie » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:07 am

All three of the announcers have a bunch of spooge from Gay Ray on their face. What a bunch of cock suckers!
Derfsandmuskie=aboyandhisdog

Practice Squad

Postby carson palmer's knee » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:16 am

Is it me or didn't RayJay Lewis murder some dude?

Do we have to see this crack head do his dance at the beginning of every damn raisin's game?

And what's up with the ref calling "There are two penalties on the play" every other down.

Thank god we won. I'm out.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:19 am

he did murder someone but there wasnt enough evidence....ie he spent millions on a top notch lawyer.

Practice Squad

Postby dave8105 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:49 am

Yeah, that Delaware crap was killing me. Then, shortly after, when Ben got sacked, one of them was spouting off about how ben didn't see his hot read, saying ward was looking back at ben for the ball. I don't know what the hell he was looking at, but Ward was in his route looking downfield. Then, if you blinked you would have missed it, they mentioned that they talked to Ward and he even said he didn't look back at ben and that he was looking downfield. I would much rather listen to the radio and watch the TV, but living in SC the only radio station that has the game comes from my Sirius radio, so it is wayyyyy out of sync.

Practice Squad

Postby l33tDad » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:12 am

dave8105: I have the same issue (Sirius & tv not synching) which was solved with a DVR. Now I get the best of both worlds, video (muted) with Tunch & Hillgrove calling the game :)

Seasoned Veteran

Postby dirtydave61 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:29 am

I agree. Several times in the broadcast -- especially the Ben sack where the guy said Ward turned around to look for the pass but didn't -- there were glaring mistakes, and they actually admitted to making mistakes on several occasions. Maybe they should think before they spout off. Or better yet, as initially mentioned, maybe they should actually watch the freakin' game.

Although I'm a fan of Kornheiser from his columns and PTI, this was the first Monday night game I've had the opportunity to watch because of work and not having TV for a while, and he drove me nuts. I didn't realize he was this bad, adding nothing to the game and talking about unrelated topics. Several times, I think, he made a mention to each quarterback feeling like "superman" or "invincible" when they tried to do too much with the play, and that was repetitive as fuck.

Anyway, I'm not surprised, as ESPN's football commentary has always sucked. However, this crew is so bad it makes me long for the days of Joe Thiesman on Sunday night football. Gosh how I hated him. The Sunday night Steelers-Raiders game from 2002 sticks in my mind -- the one where Gannon threw the ball 70 times. Heck, this crew makes me long for Dennis Miller.

Just a 2-man booth doing actually play-by-play would be an improvement. They need to commentate and not try to entertain. Jaws did do a nice job of pointing things out, though, especially Flacco's arm strength beating Polamalu on a couple plays, which is impressive and something to worry about in the future.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby KingCool » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:53 pm

Kornheiser is absolutely horrible on MNF. I didn't mind his radio show, but he's turning himself into a silly cartoon on MNF, spouting absolute gibberish just to get a reaction.

Hopefully this is his last year because it's virtually unlistenable and he's bringing Jaws and Tirico down with his nonsense.

Return to Stillers Talk