Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Internet story on Cowher going to Cleveland.

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Internet story on Cowher going to Cleveland.

Postby Hoppy » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:52 am

Wants to bring in a new staff. Most likely at season's end. On MSNBC's sports site.

Bring your ear plugs to the first gane in Heinz.

Stillers.com Team

Re: Internet story on Cowher going to Cleveland.

Postby Nel » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:01 pm

If true, this would be probably be an improvement for the Browns and make the division tougher.

I did not get the impression that he wanted to coach again, he looks pretty comfortable on TV schmoozing with the guys.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:09 pm

Do you have a link, or is that something that we're not allowed to post around here?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:42 pm

Meh, more power to Cowher if he does go to Cleveland. Personally, I think his best coaching days are behind him. I wonder how his wife feels about that? Can you provide a link to the article, please, Hoppy? Thanks.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:48 pm

Try http--www.msnbc.msn.com-

Go to Sports in the left column, good luck.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:03 pm

Went there, couldn't find it anywhere.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:37 pm

Nel wrote:If true, this would be probably be an improvement for the Browns and make the division tougher.

I did not get the impression that he wanted to coach again, he looks pretty comfortable on TV schmoozing with the guys.

I predicted this all along. If Cornell lays an egg this season (seems likely) they will make BC an offer he can't refuse. They will offer him nearly $10 mill a year. No way he turns that down. Of course, at this rate, the dollar may be collapsed by then, so we will have to see how that plays out.

Practice Squad

Postby ohioStiller » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:45 pm

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:11 pm

It would be fun from a rilvary standpoint if he came back within the division, but I would not want it to be to a team like the browns with all that talent!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:16 pm

I have two thoughts on this very unlikely situation IF IT WERE TO COME TO PASS...

1) Cleveland doesn't have enough money to pay the Lord Silly Cowshit $10,000,000.00 for any contract.

2) If he did go there for maybe less money, I think that when Da Stillers keep beating them year after year that Da Stillers ought to elect Silly Cowshit the M.V.P. for Pixburgh.

The old saying of keep your friends close and your enemies even closer comes to mind. We would know his tendencies, his behaviors that have been ingrained over years of adaptive learning (ORANGUTANS COME TO MIND WITH THAT ONE), and every other asinine decision Silly Cowshit would make during our bi annual meetings. No Silly, you can't put the square block in the round hole no matter how hard you try...

It's like knowing what your ex-wife is like and predicting her behavior before she does it-I would love to have him there!!!! :surockin:

Cleveland needs someone the likes of that shithead to bring them to the 21st century already... 8-)
CRUCIBLE STEEL AND SPECIALTY ALLOYS DIVISION. COLT INDUSTRIES. VESUVIUS RESEARCH MIDLAND PENNSYLVANIA.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby KingCool » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:14 am

Crucible-steel-kid wrote:I have two thoughts on this very unlikely situation IF IT WERE TO COME TO PASS...

1) Cleveland doesn't have enough money to pay the Lord Silly Cowshit $10,000,000.00 for any contract.

2) If he did go there for maybe less money, I think that when Da Stillers keep beating them year after year that Da Stillers ought to elect Silly Cowshit the M.V.P. for Pixburgh.

The old saying of keep your friends close and your enemies even closer comes to mind. We would know his tendencies, his behaviors that have been ingrained over years of adaptive learning (ORANGUTANS COME TO MIND WITH THAT ONE), and every other asinine decision Silly Cowshit would make during our bi annual meetings. No Silly, you can't put the square block in the round hole no matter how hard you try...

It's like knowing what your ex-wife is like and predicting her behavior before she does it-I would love to have him there!!!! :surockin:

Cleveland needs someone the likes of that shithead to bring them to the 21st century already... 8-)

Cowher going to Cleveland will keep you up at night.

Don't kid yourself, the guy is a good coach and a proven winner. When he plays the Steelers, he'll have a decisive advantage knowing the defensive schemes and the tendencies of the players.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:10 am

"The old saying of keep your friends close and your enemies even closer comes to mind. We would know his tendencies, his behaviors that have been ingrained over years of adaptive learning (ORANGUTANS COME TO MIND WITH THAT ONE), and every other asinine decision Silly Cowshit would make during our bi annual meetings. No Silly, you can't put the square block in the round hole no matter how hard you try..."

I have a suspicion that we'd see a much different Cowher out from under the Rooney thumb(s).

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:51 am

Browns don't have the $?

Isn't that "Bank of America" $? Like, the one bank that isn't going out, i.e. $10,000,000 a year is like 10 bucks?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Snockered Pedestrian » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:00 pm

Little Billy Cowflop is considering Hades for two reasons:

1) John Fox has coached his tail off and the Cats are better than advertised;

2) Little Billy wants to stick it to Dan Rooney for not paying him $10+M/season when,
in his small mind, he had delivered the elusive "one for the thumb" to his home town.
Anyone who knows football knows that Billy Cowflop had as much to do with that fifth
ring as the plumber who unstopped the commode in the locker room.

Little Billy does not know how well he has it at the eyeball network, and, he's got one
in Princeton and one in private school. Let's not mention the three rings his myopic
"coaching" cost this franchise.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:18 pm

Snockered Pedestrian wrote:Little Billy Cowflop is considering Hades for two reasons:

1) John Fox has coached his tail off and the Cats are better than advertised;

2) Little Billy wants to stick it to Dan Rooney for not paying him $10+M/season when,
in his small mind, he had delivered the elusive "one for the thumb" to his home town.
Anyone who knows football knows that Billy Cowflop had as much to do with that fifth
ring as the plumber who unstopped the commode in the locker room.

Little Billy does not know how well he has it at the eyeball network, and, he's got one
in Princeton and one in private school. Let's not mention the three rings his myopic
"coaching" cost this franchise.

Now me and this guy see eye to eye on this topic.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:30 pm

I couldn't stand him from the second season forward. After awhile, you begin to notice personality traits that just don't ring true in a person and that was the case with Lord Silly Cowshit. Judgemental as it may be, I feel that the AFCC loss to San Diego prior to S.B. 29 was total bullshit. It's too late now... :cry:
CRUCIBLE STEEL AND SPECIALTY ALLOYS DIVISION. COLT INDUSTRIES. VESUVIUS RESEARCH MIDLAND PENNSYLVANIA.

Return to Stillers Talk