Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » STILLERS OR RAISINZ ATOP AFC NORTH AT END OF '08 CAMPAIGN?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers

STILLERS OR RAISINZ ATOP AFC @ END OF '08 CAMPAIGN?

STILLERS 9 & 7 VS RAISINZ 8 & 8
27%
STILLERS 10 & 6 VS RAISINZ 9 & 7
55%
STILLERS 11 & 5 VS RAISINZ 10 & 6
9%
STILLERS 12 & 4 VS RAISINZ 11 & 5
9%

Total votes : 11
Grizzled Veteran

STILLERS OR RAISINZ ATOP AFC NORTH AT END OF '08 CAMPAIGN?

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:15 pm

Being that Da Stillers have one of the toughest schedules admittedly by The Rooneys and league offices, I have looked at the schedule for the Baltimore Raisinz and have come to the following conclusions:

The Raisinz play these teams in the following order:

TEAMS DATE MNF BALTIMORE OUTCOME:
Raisinz @ STILLERS 9-29 X L
Titans @ Raisinz 10-5 W
Raisinz @ Dolts 10-12 L
Raisinz @ Miami 10-19 L (I'm hoping on this one...)
Faders @ Raisinz 10-26 W
Raisinz @ Clowns 11-2 W
Raisinz @ Texans 11-9 W
Raisinz @ G-MEN NY 11-16 L
Beagles @ Raisinz 11-23 L
Raisinz @ Bungles 11-30 W
Foreskins @ Raisinz 12-7 L
STILLERS @ Raisinz 12-14 W (we split with them)
Raisinz @ Dallasssss 12-20 SAT. L
JAX Jagoffs @ Raisinz 12-28 W

TOTAL RAISINZ TALLY: 7 + 2 WINS ALREADY= 9 OF 16...

NOW FOR DA STILLERS:
ANTICIPATED STILLERS OUTCOME:
Monday, Sept. 29 vs. Ravens W
Sunday, Oct. 5 @ Jaguars L
Sunday, Oct. 12 Bye Week
Sunday, Oct. 19 @ Bengals W
Sunday, Oct. 26 vs. Giants L
Monday, Nov. 3 @ Redskins W
Sunday, Nov. 9 vs. Colts W
Sunday, Nov. 16 vs. Chargers W (A DIRTY WIN BUT A WIN...)
Thursday, Nov. 20 vs. Bengals W
Sunday, Nov. 30 @ Patriots L
Sunday, Dec. 7 vs. Cowboys L
Sunday, Dec. 14 @ Ravens L
Sunday, Dec. 21 @ Titans W
Sunday, Dec. 28 vs. Browns W (NOT THE TIME TO BREAK LOSING STREAK)

TOTAL TALLY FOR DA STILLERS: 8 + 2 WINS ALREADY= 10 OF 16.

Final analysis:

In my opinion, Da Stillers will earn a first round Bye in the playoffs and get their shit together to bring the "A" game to the field. Depending on how healthy the rosters remains in the long run and the answering to many of the lingering doubts surrounding the O-line and defending against the blitz packages that many of these teams will run is the long term answer to the above survey.

At first glance it would seem that many of the schedules have many teams that are having problems right now playing each other which has the effect of artificially inflating their playoff appearance potential. A couple of teams that come to mind are Buffalo and San Diego. If any team has any chance of stopping the N.F.C. champions this year it is my belief that Da Stillers are the only team with a Defense nasty enough to bring enough hunger to the big dance. It has been stated that Defense wins Championships, and I agree. If we can tweak the offense and get it together, we have a fighting chance.

New England will not be heard from again in the playoffs if for no other reason that T.B. being out. I think that they would be eliminated in the first round. If Da Stillers don't figure out a way to handle the JAX JAGOFFS, I think that they could be a problem. I was at work and talked to the Special Teams Coach of the JAX JAGOFFS, told him "WELCOME TO STILLER NATION" and his reply simply was: "We have owned your asses for along time so I wouldn't advertise that too much". He also admitted that he got the hell out of Atlanta just before the MICHELLE CONVICKT dog-shit hit the proverbial fan, and he was happy to be outta there.

Thank God that the breakdown in the line and the cracks in the offense appeared in a non divisional game that will not have long term implications as I seriously doubt that The Beagles and Stiller Nation will meet in S.B. XLIII. Getting the first round bye in the playoffs should be a priority and not just averting a disaster in mid season, so hopefully by tomorrow night we will have a better feeling for where this season is heading.

J.M.H.O.
CRUCIBLE STEEL AND SPECIALTY ALLOYS DIVISION. COLT INDUSTRIES. VESUVIUS RESEARCH MIDLAND PENNSYLVANIA.

Stillers.com Team

Re: STILLERS OR RAISINZ ATOP AFC NORTH AT END OF '08 CAMPAIGN?

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:05 pm

Nice write up.
I think you have forgotten that we always drop one we shouldn't though. (usually against the bengas)

I'm not so sure Miami beats the Ravens either, but what the hell - I'll let it ride cause I won't say they are winning the division.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:41 pm

I know it was a stretch to have Miami beat the Raisinz, but you know the old adage: "on any given Sunday-yada yada yada...."

If they do drop a game, I do hope it is against an oponent that is out of the running anyway. I would hate it to be against a team we have to play in January.
CRUCIBLE STEEL AND SPECIALTY ALLOYS DIVISION. COLT INDUSTRIES. VESUVIUS RESEARCH MIDLAND PENNSYLVANIA.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:57 pm

all of your poll picks have ravens within one game of steelers. to the O.P. you are an idiot. the ravans are 2-0 right now because they have played only the bungles and the shitstains.

WAKE UP DUDE. the ravens are just as bad as those two teams.

season end ravens will be 8-8 and steelers will be 11-5 or better

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Steel_Buckeye » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:10 am

There is a lot here in your write up, but I stopped reading after I saw you had the Ravens beating the Titans..............Yeah, right! :no:
I_STEEL_BELIEVE

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:16 pm

:?: WAKE UP DUDE?!!!????

In the event you weren't watching the games, the Clowns were only beaten by 4 little points-not exactly a stellar outting by a playoff contending team. I set the poll up the way I did to approximate the actual season results, obviously with Da Stillers having the advantage. And I don't see what is so wonderful about the Titans that the Raisinz couldn't take that game. So before you go to throwing stones, do everyone a favor and shut the fuck up and keep your opinions to yourself.

Last year was a joke, and with the way things are turning out this year isn't that far off either.

Return to Stillers Talk