Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Steelers favored by 5.5 vs. Ravens

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Steelers favored by 5.5 vs. Ravens

Postby lloydrules » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:38 pm

I think I'd take the points. I see this game as a pick 'em. The Ravens will put as much pressure on the QB as Philly. Do I need to remind anyone of how we fared in 2006 when Balt. had this same pass rush as they do now?

Worst two games I can think of. Those games were horrid to watch.

And the Steeler org. - in their infinite wisdom - spent so little on the OL in terms of draft picks and free agents to rectify that shit O-line. Thanks, Rooney family; you screwed Steeler fan's :sushootem: fun for the foreseeable future. Thanks for the ass raping.

Practice Squad

Re: Steelers favored by 5.5 vs. Ravens

Postby Scarletfire1970 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:57 pm

Yeah, I am worried about this game as well. Our offense typically struggles against Baltimore. Last year's game was an abberation. McNair won't be there to turn the ball over a million times and they have their starting CBs, (Rolle might be out though).

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Stillustronic » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:59 pm

They opened at 7, so now they have movement. LR loses this one.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Wooderson » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:52 pm

Steelers will win but not by much as long as they don't turn the ball over. If the Raven's can move the ball on us with Flacco at the helm, we've got problems. Hold onto the ball, Mendy.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:37 pm

How many times will Ben be hit? Sacked? How many fumbles after he is hit, a la Mario Williams?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby The Fan Of STEEL » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:11 pm

The Ravens have nothing on offense and now the CB is out.

STEELERS 23

Ravens 9

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Steel_Buckeye » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:28 pm

I think it is too early to call the Ravens D dominate yet. I mean they played Cincy and Clev. Don't get me wrong, I don't think we are going to steamroll them, but I think everyone is giving them way too much respect and our Offense way too little respect after just basicaly 2 games. (3 for us, but after the 1st week according to the media we were the best thing since sliced bread.) One thing that is funny, I heard on Football Today( a ESPN football podcast) that Jeramy Green say the Ravens were being over rated because they had only beat two teams with a combined record of 0-6, and he placed Pittsburgh on his "power rankings" at 5 and Baltimore at 11 (I think?). But his arguement for having Baltimore so low could of easily been the same for us. Beat two teams with combined record of 0-5 plus a loss to the only good team we played. IMHO, it's too early for all of these obsolutes.
I_STEEL_BELIEVE

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:29 pm

lloydrules wrote:I think I'd take the points. I see this game as a pick 'em. The Ravens will put as much pressure on the QB as Philly. Do I need to remind anyone of how we fared in 2006 when Balt. had this same pass rush as they do now?

And the Steeler org. - in their infinite wisdom - spent so little on the OL in terms of draft picks and free agents to rectify that shit O-line. Thanks, Rooney family; you screwed Steeler fan's :sushootem: fun for the foreseeable future. Thanks for the ass raping.

I hate to be the 1 to tell you and many others this but the Rooneys do not make the draft picks nor do they control the trades. But I know you cant blame the all knowing God Tomlin at all nor the GM who along with Tomlin is responsible.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:36 am

" I hate to be the 1 to tell you and many others this but the Rooneys do not make the draft picks nor do they control the trades."

Prove it.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:22 am

jstallworth82 wrote:
lloydrules wrote:I think I'd take the points. I see this game as a pick 'em. The Ravens will put as much pressure on the QB as Philly. Do I need to remind anyone of how we fared in 2006 when Balt. had this same pass rush as they do now?

I hate to be the 1 to tell you and many others this but the Rooneys do not make the draft picks nor do they control the trades. But I know you cant blame the all knowing God Tomlin at all nor the GM who along with Tomlin is responsible.

How naive. Rooney was sitting at the fucking center of the war room the last several drafts. They don't like making it public (so they never have to take the blame) but they are very involved in the draft and free agency. You have to be obtuse to not realize this.

Greenhorned Rookie

Offensive Line

Postby SteelerPower » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:33 pm

Do you guys think the offensive line got their asses kicked during practice this week? I sure hope so because the Rats are going to do the same shit the eagles did to us. After all that smacktalk on our o-line this past week, if that doesn't hype the o-line I don't know what will

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:10 pm

Who ever wins the toss will kick.

Return to Stillers Talk