Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » AFC now inferior to NFC - in one swoop

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

AFC now inferior to NFC - in one swoop

Postby lloydrules » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:44 pm

Just last season, everyone considered the AFC to be the far superior conference. Not any more.

Not even close.

Pats? Average at best. (but still could win 10 games due to weak schedule).

Colts? Average.

Steelers? With that OL? Just average.

On the Chargers are clearly a top team who could beat the NFC's best, unless Jags get healthy and find some receivers to throw to not named Matt Jones.

Dallas, Giants, Philly and maybe the Packers could beat any of the AFC's best teams.

Just dance to take the pain away

:sudancin: :sudancin: :sudancin:

Stillers.com Team

Re: AFC now inferior to NFC - in one swoop

Postby trenches » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:14 pm

I'm not sold on the Giants. Philly is decent but by season's end, their weaknesses will be exposed.

Don't count out the Doncos in the AFC. They can run up a solid record although they won't win the SB. You also didn't mention the Bills... they've beaten two decent teams.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:26 pm

trenches wrote:I'm not sold on the Giants. Philly is decent but by season's end, their weaknesses will be exposed.

Don't count out the Doncos in the AFC. They can run up a solid record although they won't win the SB. You also didn't mention the Bills... they've beaten two decent teams.

I should have mentioned Den. but also feel they will fade down the stretch. I think the Bills are decent but are looking better than they really are. TN is also looking good but will turn out to be just a little better than avg.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:29 pm

Agreed on the Bitans. I don't think Buf will be great at season's end, but worth mentioning at this point...

If Denver's D can settle in, they have a chance. In the meantime, their O is really solid.

Return to Stillers Talk