Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » I have the real answer to our Problem. And we can fix it.

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

I have the real answer to our Problem. And we can fix it.

Postby crusader » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:28 am

Okay, now that i made my point on the last post, about the philly loss. I hear what people are saying about Arians, and how we are stuck with him. But i do not agree with you on this. Because we have someone on this team who is familiar with the team, and with this offensive. So major changes don't have to be made. He also works with Ben. And i bet he would run this sorry offense better than it's creator. And that person is KEN ANDERSON. Now i am not a hugh Anderson fan, and i hated the bengals back then, but i am sure he would do a lot better job of being the oc, than the moron we have now. And he knows what ben is going through. And what to do, and when. So people let's sign a petition for Ken Anderson as the interim Oc.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: I have the real answer to our Problem. And we can fix it.

Postby Coke Oven » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:23 am

I really don't understand why but great players never seem to make very good coaches or coordinators. Can you think of any exceptions?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:35 am

Mike Ditka, Dan Reeves, Tony Dungy, Jack Delrio (he was good in college lol),

Practice Squad

Postby crusader » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:06 pm

What you said might be a little true, but I believe he could do a better job then bruce the no imagination arians. And like i said before he knows the offense.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:26 pm

lets sign a petition bwahaaaaaaaaaa. Where do these people come from? Do you guys actually think the Steelers brass give a rats *ss what WE think? Arians runs the same offense as Mullarky and Wisenhunt, same bunch formations, trick plays etc, who had a BIG INPUT ON THOSE PLAYS?? Ben Roethlisberger. Not piling on Ben but TELLING THE TRUTH. You guys wanna blame someone blame the right person.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:39 pm

big ben = top 3 qb in nfl

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:36 pm

1.Brady 2.Manning 3. Palmer 4.Manning 5.Rivers 6.Brees 7.Ben

Practice Squad

Postby ghodzilla5150 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:05 pm

I know this guy is a troll now. Ben ranked lower than Rivers and Brees?

:D

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Steel_Buckeye » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:46 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:1.Brady 2.Manning 3. Palmer 4.Manning 5.Rivers 6.Brees 7.Ben

Scalaid6, while I agree with you about Brady, Manning and Brees, you have to be kidding about Palmer! Go break down him as much as you do Ben and you will be amazed. Amazed at just how bad he is! In fact, someone on this site did do a breakdown of him. Do a search for it and read the bad news bro. Now, for this year so far, I would put Rivers and Cutler ahead of Ben, but from a career prospective, you can't possibly believe that Rivers is ahead of Ben? What is your criteria, other than opinion? Because if you realy breakdown these guys, just take all your post on Ben and interchange it with Carson and you would be spot on. And Eli up until the playoff run last year was complete dog poo. Maybe he has it turned around, but its too early to tell? So, he doesn't get to pass Ben yet, and Carson never will! Jury is also out on Rivers and Cutler. So in review, I got it:

1. Brady
2. P.Manning
3. Brees
4. Roethlisberger
5. Cutler
I_STEEL_BELIEVE

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:11 pm

Hey Buckeye are you on heroin, crack, or maybe meth? What has Brees done to be ranked in the top 5. No Analyst in the country has him ranked above 7

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Steel_Buckeye » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:42 am

jstallworth82 wrote:Hey Buckeye are you on heroin, crack, or maybe meth? What has Brees done to be ranked in the top 5. No Analyst in the country has him ranked above 7

IT's M-A-T-H, not Meth. It's all about the numbers:

1. NFL single-season record for completions with 440
2. Setting team records for passing yards (4,423)
3. Touchdowns (28)
4. Completion percentage (67.5)
5. Games with over 250 passing yards (11) and passing attempts (652)
6. Since 2006, Brees has started all 32 games
7. The first two 4,000-yard passing seasons in team history
8. As well as 54 touchdown passes
9. 20 games with at least 250 passing yards
10. An NFL-high 68 completions of 25 yards or more

All this while being an NFL equivalent of a midget @ only 6'0'', 209lbs. Then there are the intangables: He is a great leader and absolutely owns this team. Have you ever seen him firing up his teammates before a game, and correcting them during it! He has the cannon of couse, but he is also laser accurate. Hey I love Ben, but right now I feel Brees is right there slightly above him.
I_STEEL_BELIEVE

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby SteelerPower » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:16 am

Airhead Arians needs to get his head out of his ass and start mixing this offense up a bit. There is too many weapons that we have not been using. Heath Miller is a beast but how can he dominate if he is only blocking every play? And what about Holmes? Why hasn't he been getting big plays? I think Arians ruined last year's playoff game against Jacksonville. If he doesn't get his act together, it is going to be one long season fellas.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:59 am

First play from scrimmage, a flea flicker. Ben has to do better than the rookie Flacco.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby The Fan Of STEEL » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:58 am

Neither Brees nor Rivers should be in the top 5. Putting Palmer up there is completely retarded. Seriously, you don't rate a QB by their potential, you rate them by their achievements and ablility to get their team to the Superbowl.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby The Fan Of STEEL » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:04 pm

As far as the problems the Steelers have had with sacks.

I do think that a good part of this problem has been that we need to get Ben to have a quicker drop at times. He needs to learn a 2 step drop and quick pass. This will burn the defense when they are bull rushing and will open up the game when he does want to hold onto the ball and let a play develop. The offensive line, especially on Kendolls side needs to work on staying with their assignment and not letting quick defenders run by them untouched. It appears that Kendoll has little vision to see where the rush is coming from. Center needs to get a bigger push.

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:45 pm

The Fan Of STEEL, I think a shorter drop back for Ben might work well.

For what it's worth (the comparison is weak), the Penn State quarterback effectively used approximately 2-step drop backs against Illinois and I had the same thought about Ben as you expressed.

Better practicing + better play calling + better adjustments + better blocking + better O-line play + shorter drops by Ben + better hot reads + more short routes = part of the answer.

Return to Stillers Talk