Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » New Article: Hard Hat Award (Game #3, @ Philly)

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

New Article: Hard Hat Award (Game #3, @ Philly)

Postby StillMill » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:41 pm

http://www.stillers.com/articles/2291.aspx has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Seasoned Veteran

Re: New Article: Hard Hat Award (Game #3, @ Philly)

Postby Teegre » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:15 pm

That backwards tackle was amazing...they invented DVR for that very reason!!!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:53 pm

polamalu is the man, i thought he shoulda won it in week 2 also

if he keeps this up for the entire season, he'll be a strong candidate for team mvp

Seasoned Veteran

Postby dirtydave61 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:43 am

Great call giving Polamalu the Hart Hat. Besides his usual athleticism, he was really laying the wood. When a lot of the other players looked demoralized, he was punishing receivers. When he made the amazing backwards tackle, I was pissed because Phil "I'm the best QB ever" Sims didn't saying anything about it. He can eat shit.

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:12 pm

Those plays by Troy (tackle, INT) were two of the most outstanding athletic moves I have ever seen in the NFL.

Unforgettable!

:suplusone:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:27 pm

All hail Troy! Excellent choice, Still Mill. You da man! :cheers:

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby dukemcfister » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:54 am

Man, what game were you watching. How in the world could Bryant McFadden not be included here? He had by far, his best game ever as a Steeler, and the best game of any Steeler on the field including Polamalu. His coverage was excellent, he had a pick, a hustling fumble recovery, and solid defensive play all around. Polamalu had a great game, and made some outstanding lpays as well, but McFadden was the best player on the field defensively on both sides of the ball.

Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:31 am

dukemcfister wrote:Man, what game were you watching. How in the world could Bryant McFadden not be included here? He had by far, his best game ever as a Steeler, and the best game of any Steeler on the field including Polamalu. His coverage was excellent, he had a pick, a hustling fumble recovery, and solid defensive play all around. Polamalu had a great game, and made some outstanding lpays as well, but McFadden was the best player on the field defensively on both sides of the ball.

McFadd did indeed have a strong game. However, the HH Award is more than just proficiency. It's all about hard-nosed, intense, tough football. And, in the case of McFadd, blatantly preening and crowing (as mentioned in my postgame report) with his team BEHIND, no less, is not Hard Hat material. It was juvenilish, boorish, and patnetly absurd. Let's just hope the coaches, and perhaps a veteran or 2, pulled McFadd aside and explained the asininity of his actions.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Guinness » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:49 am

I can't argue against Troy winning the Hard Hat award. After NOT having him at full speed for most of last season I find myself just shaking my head in amazement watching him at full speed again this year.

A somewhat unsung hero on the D is Aaron Smith. This season, I've been isolating on him during games and the guy really is fantastic. Although he is a DE he's essentially an interior lineman so he doesn't play on the edge and doesn't make the glamorous plays but he shows exceptional strength, movement along the line, push against the offensive lineman in the pass rush and ability to shed his block and tackle the back. I don't know if he will ever be the standout guy to win the hard hat award in any given week but this guy is definitely a player that straps on his hard hat every single week.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:19 pm

Guinness wrote:I can't argue against Troy winning the Hard Hat award. After NOT having him at full speed for most of last season I find myself just shaking my head in amazement watching him at full speed again this year.

A somewhat unsung hero on the D is Aaron Smith. This season, I've been isolating on him during games and the guy really is fantastic. Although he is a DE he's essentially an interior lineman so he doesn't play on the edge and doesn't make the glamorous plays but he shows exceptional strength, movement along the line, push against the offensive lineman in the pass rush and ability to shed his block and tackle the back. I don't know if he will ever be the standout guy to win the hard hat award in any given week but this guy is definitely a player that straps on his hard hat every single week.

I agree maybe he could kick Arians ass and win the HH?

Return to Stillers Talk