Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Questioning the thinking of Mike Tomlin

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Questioning the thinking of Mike Tomlin

Postby BigE » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:08 pm

After watching film of the 15-6 debacle that took place on Sunday, Mike Tomlin addressd the press with this statement. "You need to improve the quality of your work, and the way you do that when your not on the screws is, initially, a reduction in what you do to make sure everyone's sharp and on the same page, we will simplify the offense, there will be a reduction." Translation: Our offensive line sucked the big one on Sunday, our playcalling was pitiful, our offense is more predictable than winter snowfall, and we don't maximize the talent we have at all. This is one of the most idiotic statements I have heard in a long time. When you have the talent offensively that the Steelers do, and elite QB, an elite RB (who happens to be hurt), a far above average rookie RB (Monday night he will get his chance), a tight end who would be a league leader with another offensive coordinator and solid WR's, you SHOULDN'T need to scale back the offense. Fire your dumbass OC and get a capable play caller that realizes what kind of talent this team has and is willing to use it. I have said it before, I will say it again. This team has a playoff caliber defense, but the one and ONLY thing that will keep the Stillers from making a deep playoff run is the lunicy and incompetance of Bruce Arians. I'm sick and tired of seeing the same old trips bunch formation, I'm sick and tired of seeing a single-back set, I'm sick and tired of seeing WR flare passes. Get a fucking clue Tomlin, it's not your players, it's your OC, the guy you promoted.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Questioning the thinking of Mike Tomlin

Postby Scalaid6 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:44 pm

Actually your WRONG E, you simplify the offense not for the line, not for the wrs but for the QUARTERBACK. Whenever they talk about simplifying the offense its ALWAYS in regard to the Qb (Kordell/Vince Young/Vick/Orton/Leinart/Flacco etc) NEVER do they simplify the offense for the line WOW. You can blame Tomlin/Arians all you want but I'll tell you AGAIN. View the video vs the Ravens last sesons. THIRTY ONE PASS PLAYS AND NOT ONE SACK. The only two missing from the equation is FANACA AND BEN. You do the math sir.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=2 ... week=REG17

Return to Stillers Talk