Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Fans expectations are to high

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Fans expectations are to high

Postby j15215 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:55 am

First I was a member here before but I have no clue what happened to my acct. Anyways the Steelers lost to a very good team. They played a terrible game but still managed to keep it close until the end. I agree the OL was terrible but Mondays game will be a test to see if Arians can correct his problem. Even as bad as it seems the Steelers are still the favorite to win the AFC North so we have that going for us (Flacco will fail). NE and Indy are done for this year IMO. Buffalo looks real good but they still have alot to prove (I wish we still had Bobby April). Den, SD, Jax, Ten all will beat each other up and maybe only 1 team will come out of those 2 divisions.

Pittsburgh as a city is a bit to cocky about their sports teams. We had the NHL handed to us by having Lemieux and now Crosby fall to us. We won the SB when we almost didnt even make the playoffs. We are in the worst division in the NFL IMO (ok maybe the NFC WEST but by far the worst in the AFC). We are 2-1 and our tuff schedule looks easier since we will probably beat Indy and better beat NE.

Yes the OL sucked but the jury is still out on them.

Prediction: Steelers win the AFC North with 10-6 record. Win the 1st rd wild card over Ten. Lose in the 2nd rd to Buffalo

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Fans expectations are to high

Postby Scalaid6 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:27 am

Steelers are not losing to Buffalo. If we get in the playoffs the only team that worries me in the Colts. Everyone else we can handle.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:06 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:Steelers are not losing to Buffalo. If we get in the playoffs the only team that worries me in the Colts. Everyone else we can handle.

SD will destroy us, Jags when they get healthy, I still think we can take Buff.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:24 pm

Sandiego wont destroy us, we are better and will neutralize them with pressure. Their Dbs worry me though, they are lockdown. I must say I prefer RIVERS *sshole style to our "be nice to everyone" qb but overall we are better. Jags have BEAT us up the last 4 or 5 years, I agree we have problems with them. They are more physical than us.

Practice Squad

Postby j15215 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:55 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:Steelers are not losing to Buffalo. If we get in the playoffs the only team that worries me in the Colts. Everyone else we can handle.

I know it was preseason but did u see the way Buffalo's 1st string passed and ran at will against our D?? Stroud IMO was the best signing/trade this offseason. He's a monster in the middle.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:03 am

I'm not saying they 100% should have won in philly, but no QB should get sacked 9 times and hit 17 or so more times in the same game. that is just a total collapse of the o-line or offensive scheming

Practice Squad

Postby TheBoss71 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:21 am

We are fans of the Pittsburgh FUCKING steelers and our expectations should be high. Failure is not an option. Now that I got that off my chest......I'm not sold on Buff, We lost to a very good football team on sunday, Our Defense gives us the abilty to win every game, and our damn O line better get their shit together quick. Bring on the ratbirds! :subngtowl:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:11 pm

My expectations of the Steelers are always high, and that's not likely to change anytime soon, but thanks for playing, j15215.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Uhh » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:53 pm

I agree that we have a right to have high expectations, but that said, I don't think there is any sense that they might win the SB going around. I guess high expectations have to be balanced with realism, but no one saw XL coming either.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:23 pm

We should have high expectations. Should we expect mediocrity? Maybe we should strive to be the Browns??? No, no, wait...we should worship the Cardinals! No!! I have it! The Bengals! We should expect the results of the Mike Brown Experiment! Sorry.... I'm reigned in... Bengals it is.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Teegre » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:44 pm

Uhh wrote:I agree that we have a right to have high expectations, but that said, I don't think there is any sense that they might win the SB going around. I guess high expectations have to be balanced with realism, but no one saw XL coming either.

I predict 19-0 every season.

I try to be objective...but, in the end, I honestly think that the Steelers can win every game.
Let me explain.
When I look at the schedule, I go...winnable...winnable...hmmm, winnable...winnable...etc.
Low & behold, I always end up with the Steelers winning every single game.

Weird. ;)

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Stillustronic » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:49 am

Exactly when do the Steelers play Buffalo?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:38 pm

trenches wrote:We should have high expectations. Should we expect mediocrity? Maybe we should strive to be the Browns??? No, no, wait...we should worship the Cardinals! No!! I have it! The Bengals! We should expect the results of the Mike Brown Experiment! Sorry.... I'm reigned in... Bengals it is.

*gasp* Someone stop the madness! :lol:

Return to Stillers Talk