Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » New Article: Bruce Arians -- Identity Unknown

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

New Article: Bruce Arians -- Identity Unknown

Postby StillMill » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:25 pm

http://www.stillers.com/articles/2290.aspx has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: New Article: Bruce Arians -- Identity Unknown

Postby StillDodger » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:43 pm

The Bunch Formation..... This is what Marty Schittenheimer was doing that got Bernie Kosar killed..... :sucrutches: It's a formation that when run repeatedly, basically signals to the defense that the offense is playing scared, the DBs cheat up on the box, and too much beef is present for the RB to do anything....... This is a formation that should only be run in short yardage and in no-huddle.......
Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

Practice Squad

Postby Global Warmer » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:49 pm

We are gonna have to make some adjustments against the Raisins for sure. The Ratbirds will be doing the same thing Philly did to start the game.

Why can't the Stillers do what the Pats use to always do to us; 4 wide outs, Ben in the shotgun, and maybe Moore in the backfield?

Thoughts

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:15 am

StillMill, you're writing is really "en fuego" ... on fire, man.

Well done. :yes:

In my opinion, Arians' identity is a person who is probably in over his head in a tough situation and who is contracted as a result, rolled up into a ball.

He needs to extend his offensive geometry, become more multidimensional and random. His little-ball schtick now is apparently too limited and probably too predictable, imo.

Practice Squad

Postby Delicious » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:26 am

Mill, I usually don't dig on your drivel. However, that was well written and I agree with all of it.

You don’t attack the alligator by trying to punch it in its teeth.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Where's the Beef Bruce?

Practice Squad

Postby jbrant » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:14 am

All I can say is you give the best review of our teams performance. I thought it was our lines fault, and some is, but you are selling me more and more on Bruce.

Practice Squad

Postby jbrant » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:37 am

StillMill wrote:http://www.stillers.com/articles/2290.aspx has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Look AT WHAT THEY SAY. Sorry, I had the key down. Very good, be more percise (i.e.spell it right)

Practice Squad

Postby jbrant » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:40 am

I agree we need Tim, but we need Wood and we need Farrior. Foote needs to go but we csnt lose Him.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:07 am

"He needs to extend his offensive geometry, become more multidimensional and random. His little-ball schtick now is apparently too limited and probably too predictable, imo."

Exactly. Problem is, I don't think he can. Could be mental. Could be emotional. Could be that he'd have to admit he was wrong in front of his peers and can't do it. More and more I look at that guy and see Joe Walton.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jeemie » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:55 am

Worst part of all this- Ben loves Arians.

And since Tomlin seems to base a lot of his decisions based on what ben wants- we may be stuck with Arians for a while.

I was one willing to give Arians the benefit of the doubt...but I can't any longer.

I'm no football mind...but I think that even I could be more imaginative than Arians.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:46 am

OKAY, IF YOU SEE IT AND OTHER POSTERS DO, WHERE IS THE FRONT OFFICE AND OTHER MEDIA OUTLETS IN THE BURGH??? RASINS WILL COME IN WITH THE SAME DEFENSIVE PLAN. MAYBE OUR DEFENSE CAN OUT SCORE THEIRS.

FIRST PLAY A SWEEP TO THE LEFT......WE BETTER OPEN WITH A SHOTGUN FORMATION.

WE LOSE AT HOME, BRUCE GOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Practice Squad

Postby Zorro » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:01 am

Folks, we're stuck with Bruce for the season, like it or not. If you hate Arians, pray for a collapse this year, because I just don't see changes coming until the off-season at the earliest. You can't just instal a whole new offense mid-season and expect to have success.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jeemie » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:07 am

Zorro wrote:Folks, we're stuck with Bruce for the season, like it or not. If you hate Arians, pray for a collapse this year, because I just don't see changes coming until the off-season at the earliest. You can't just instal a whole new offense mid-season and expect to have success.

Well- ordinarily I'd agree with you...except we don't have any offense installed RIGHT NOW...

Seasoned Veteran

Postby BigE » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:28 pm

Mill,

I agree 100% with your article. We will never see the explosiveness that this offense possesses as long as Arians is the OC. I hope at some point between now and the beginning of next season, that Tomlin will realize this and fire this douchbag. If Arians is still the OC next year, Mike Tomlin is a dumbass and needs to be fired as well. This offense has talent galore and it is not being used at all, and your right, I saw the writing on the wall when we let Kreider go.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Homer J » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:21 pm

Mill, your analysis is spot on. Dead on the money.

Arians is as out of his league as that asshat in the White House.

The only difference is its taken Arians less time to completely fuck up the offense that it's taken W to completely fuck up the economy.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Wooderson » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:22 am

Well done Mill.

Here's on thing I don't understand. Why doesn't Arians have an offensive 'package' to specifically combat a blitz-heavy defense? Wouldn't it make sense to have a 10-15 play package (screens, hitches, dump-off, quick slants, etc) to go to for the exact situation they were in against Philly? Shouldn't/doesn't EVERY team have one?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:32 pm

"The only difference is its taken Arians less time to completely fuck up the offense that it's taken W to completely fuck up the economy."

Nice try there except it wasn't W who fucked up the economy. You liberals stuck him and us with democratic majorities inboth the house and the senate. They're the ones that wield the power as far as economic measures go, not the pres. They just refused to do anything that might make W. look good. To be a liberal is to be a liar.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Homer J » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:23 pm

Coke Oven wrote:"The only difference is its taken Arians less time to completely fuck up the offense that it's taken W to completely fuck up the economy."

Nice try there except it wasn't W who fucked up the economy. You liberals stuck him and us with democratic majorities inboth the house and the senate. They're the ones that wield the power as far as economic measures go, not the pres. They just refused to do anything that might make W. look good. To be a liberal is to be a liar.

:suahhbs: :suahhbs: :suahhbs: :suahhbs: :suahhbs:

First, I'm anything but a liberal. And I'd use my second amendment rights to fill your ass with buckshot to prove it. :sufu: :sufu:

Second, Bush has been President the last eight years, and has had control of Congress six of those last eight years. He and his gang of ideologues have deregulated everything that they could...and ignored everything that they could not deregulate.

They seem to have forgotten that those banking and financial regulations were put in there to save our capitalist system after the excesses of the roaring 20's led to the collapse of our economy known as the Great Depression. You can read about it in the history books. By letting banks take on bad mortgages, leverage them to the hilt, sell them as security instruments, and fail to "mind the store," they brought this on. Even Bush admitted so last night.

Bush - like Nixon before him - is no conservative. He has boosted government spending, arrogated more power unto himself, and skyrocketed the national debt. Like Nixon, he is a loser, a failure, and will be consigned to the dustbin of history.

John McCain - whom I have known for many years - will be a huge improvement over Bush. So would Barack Obama.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Wooderson » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:44 pm

Stillers.com. Football. Steelers. Keep politics out of it, unless Ben is running for his life. I mean President.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:59 pm

Well first, I agree that Arians is not doing the job, Doesn't adjust at all to anything and as you say has no identity. But let us dig deeper, shall we.
Tomlin, the all knowing intelligent Head Coach. Either he has no answers or is afraid to take control of the team when the Coordinators' are incapable of doing so. I hear again and again what arians, the O-line, this guy that guy etc have done wrong but I have yet to see in thus his second year here Mr. Tomlin take any corrective action expecially during a game. He just stands there doing nothing. Maybe the great one is just as incompetent as the OC or just as slow to recognize that the O was getting mauled and noone else could fix it. Maybe he is afraid to take control and fail, hell just showing that he has some plan would also help. He appears lost half of the time and the other half he looks like a 10 year old seeing his favorite hero for the first time in person.
I'm not defending Arians at all but Tomlin has yet to impress me at all. Chuck Noll would have had the O-Line workig by halftime at worse and the OC would be unemployed along with the pathetic O-Line,whom> I'm sorry but they suck donkey DI?? , but Tomlin again did not address the problem. Now we are stuck with these inept idiots including th big buck bench warmer. And worse than the O-Line and worse than the pathetic OC the even more pahetic HC who is also f'ing clueless

Next

Return to Stillers Talk