Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » WOW...

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

WOW...

Postby SssteelFan » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:55 am

New poster here...please feel free to rip and shred accordingly.

I am not going to bore anybody with my history and prowess as a fan.

As I have gotten older, I have noticed how polorized the NFL fanbase is (they suck -or- their great)...especially the Steelers fanbase.

I just checked the standings...and the Steelers are 2-1. One dominating performance. One weather
induced performance. One performance that, said at best will be a learning opportunity.

Let me check one more time....yep just 1 bad game. Against one of the most aggressive, in your face defenses
on the planet. One that I might add, the offense was effective against in 2004 with Big Ben.

A 2-1 record, if things continue, let's see....10-6...11-5. About twice the number of wins vs. losses. I don't know about anybody else, but I will take that.

We all know that Ben made a couple of mistakes. The OL, missed defensive tackles, knuckles on the ground, parted and allowed them to come in untouched a few times. The WR's blew a couple of routes. All in all very very bad yes.

BUT DAMN PEOPLE!!!! This was not a typical performance that we have come to see week in week out over the past...say... 30 years.

The coaching staff and players will get this figured out just like they always do. They will continue to play hard and provide us with our entertainment.

Have a little faith, chill, and enjoy what we have waited 7 months to see. Nobody is as bad as their worst, or as good as their best. The truth lies in the murkey middle.

SssteelFan

Grizzled Veteran

Re: WOW...

Postby StillDodger » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:51 am

You're a lot more sane than that other new poster...... And I hope you're right..... :cheers:
Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Homer J » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:19 pm

Word. :surockin: :surockin: :surockin:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:55 pm

Very well said, SssteelFan. I truly do hope you're right and the staff and players get it all figured/worked out, and soon. Welcome to Stillers.com. :subngtowl:

Practice Squad

Postby lambert58 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:52 pm

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: your right, We've got a lot of good football left in front of us, let me put down the prozac and pick up the towel :subngtowl: looking forward to Mon. And the ratbirds

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Crosby4Life » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:13 pm

I don't think the problem was simply the loss, in itself. At face value, I would agree that that's not a big deal.

I do think, however, that the manner and the reasons for which we lost that game are indicitive of some much larger problems, and that's where the real scare factor lies. These aren't problems that can be attributed to "just a bad game" because they're issues that almost every knowledgeable fan knew were waiting in the wings since the end of last season. It just took until this game to rear their ugly head(s). In the NFL, once a weakness as glaring as our pass protection problems are exposed, every team half-decent team from that point out is going to attack it.

We play some teams that are quite capable of rushing the passer this season. If we're not capable of shoring up that deficiency (and quick), then we will have some serious problems making the playoffs.

So, yeah, we're still in good shape at 2-1. But that doesn't mean there isn't reason to panic. We've seen this happen before in past years when our pass defense got exposed mid-way through the season, and every team thereafter copied that scheme. There's a huge potential for that to happen again with our pass protection this year.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:31 am

new poster. you are correct......and you are WRONG.

YOU are correct because we WILL win our next two games. and we will likely crush the ratbirds....even without parker hampton and kiesel.

so we will be 4-1 going into our bye.

yes your right....

but......no.....you are not .....your dead wrong.

when it comes to dominating football or beating winning franchises with tough defenses we will get crushed. why? we let our O LINE melt away without recent draft replenishment.

tough O Lines are needed in playoffs. as much as tough defenses....you can win superbowls with suspect QBs....suspect WR units....suspect RBs....

but you HAVE to have an awesome O LINE to do this.....

what SHOULD we have done?

this year in the first round all the o line talent of first round grade was gone...so take mendenhall as we did....BUT.....in the second round we should have taken the best available o line instead of sweed.

whether or not sweed makes it is irrelevant....great wrs cant operate without some sort of o line....ours is gone....

so sweed...OUT....o line in....

previous draft....first round.....timmons...possible superstar....yes i agree and love him.....but hes fucking fired....i would draft O LINE in first round instead of timmons.....second round still take woodley.

just these two little changes would give us a first round and second round pick of oline for this year. instead of sweed and timmons.

HUGE difference.......our o line would be SOLID right now. and we could draft whatever the fuck we need next year.

so in answer to the newbie on the board......its a complex question but because you are new im just going to say......

YOUR WRONG.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:49 am

Blame our Line. You guys are SO shallow. Our Line is fine. When this comes into fruition. I will be the 1st to say TOLD YA SO

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:00 pm

"YOUR WRONG."

You can't even read and write the English language, so how can you call anyone wrong?

Return to Stillers Talk