Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Where are the Arians/Mendenhall excuses this week ??

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Where are the Arians/Mendenhall excuses this week ??

Postby StillMill » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:40 am

Last week, there were a host of bullshit rationalizations as to why Mendy never saw the field vs. Clev.

Most claimed it was due to "monsoon conditions" and "we couldn't let a rookie play in those conduitions".

In Philly, it was bone dry and balmy. What weak-assed, dumfuk excuses are there now for this man's bench rot?? Remember, this was an offense in phil. that lined up Carey Davis as a solo back and ran a toss sweep to him from our own 4-yard line.

Please, let's hear the bullshit rationalizations now.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Where are the Arians/Mendenhall excuses this week ??

Postby Jeemie » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:51 am

StillMill wrote:Last week, there were a host of bullshit rationalizations as to why Mendy never saw the field vs. Clev.

Most claimed it was due to "monsoon conditions" and "we couldn't let a rookie play in those conduitions".

In Philly, it was bone dry and balmy. What weak-assed, dumfuk excuses are there now for this man's bench rot?? Remember, this was an offense in phil. that lined up Carey Davis as a solo back and ran a toss sweep to him from our own 4-yard line.

Please, let's hear the bullshit rationalizations now.

There are no rationalizations for the idiotic moves of giving our R1 only 11 carries and having our R2 in sweats.

Tomlin is fast proving to be even more conservative than Cowher when it comes to playing young players.

I don't even think the Chin would have let be that our R1 from last year rarely plays even though he always makes an impact when he does, our R1 from this year would be used sparingly, and our R2 from this year can't beat out a R7 from last year that hasn't done jack shit.

No excuse for that- Sweed ain't gonna get any better sitting in sweats on game day...and he has at least shown the ability to have the opportunity to make a play deep, even if he can't hang onto the ball regularly yet.

And I don't care how smart Foote is...Timmons makes plays- he HAS to get on the field.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:47 am

Make the team so bad that, if the only buyer turns out to be an out of towner who wants to move the fanchise, the people of Pittsburgh will be glad to see it go.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby lynchcowher » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:56 am

I think you're gonna have to ask that worthless, lazy, ignorant crack smoking fuck, Mike Tomlin if you want to hear any rationalizations.

He's so full of fuckin bullshit, he could probably give you twenty or so.

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:47 am

I think two things might be happening here: fear and puckering.

(1) The veteran players have Tomlin by his gonads; Coach does not want them to mutiny. The only way Tomlin can preserve their respect is to play the more experienced players. Hines Ward is the leader of these vets, and has spoken out before about Tomlin. I think Ward does not really believe in Tomlin.

(2) Tomlin is obviously afraid of losing by mistakes (e.g., turnovers) and does not trust the young players. Very interesting, considering that he is a young coach, but prone to pucker.

Both 1 and 2 are about the fear and puckering of Tomlin, imo. I'm not bashing him, just pointing out what I think might be the cause for the relative rot of Mendy, Sweed and Timmons, and the rewarding of aspects of that OL with money and playing time.

But maybe this is all B.S., I don't and can't know for certain.

Practice Squad

Postby acewhiplash » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:03 pm

Maybe it's just not the "Steeler way."

And by Steeler Way, i of course mean: too stupid to play the best players and make simple, effective adjustments within the course of a game.

Practice Squad

Postby Still Furnace » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:01 pm

And, surprise, Willie get's banged up with little rest.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Witchblade » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:38 pm

He can rest now.
A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them.
P. J. O'Rourke (1947 - )

Practice Squad

Postby SteelTreal » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:32 pm

Blame Ike Taylor, even Troy has 3 INTs, the defense sucked, let defense set the tone of the game

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:40 am

Well Mendenhall will start on Monday, now what will you say? I know I know if he does bad Tomlins a dumb f*ck, if he does good "what took tomlin so long to play him" again tomlins a dumb f*ck lol. I guess the rooneys shoulda hired The Rams coach or Lane Kiffin. I'll take Tomlin over any of the coaches that started with him. Everyone who talks to Tomlin says he wows you with his football mind but I'm supposed to listen to you ignoramouses who say "hines has spoke out about tomlin before" . I say SHOW ME. Produce a link, present your proof if your truthful sir. Everyone to a man respects the guy except OUR fans. I dont just say idle comments I produce substantiation. Here is an article of Hines SUPPORTING Tomlin.
http://kdka.com/steelers/Coach.Tomlin.H ... 87238.html

Now is your chance to show your proof sir.

Return to Stillers Talk