Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stop the gnashing of teeth. Not worth it

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Stop the gnashing of teeth. Not worth it

Postby lloydrules » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:26 pm

If this team/organization isn't going to address the screaming need to improve the OL, thus securing a non-legit, true shot at a championship, then I - nor you - should get emotionally involved in their success. .

Whatever the cause of the REFUSAL to address the OL (ego, cheapness, denial, idiocy, etc.) the fact that they failed to even coming close to taking a shot at making the OL adequate means I won't put my emotional piggy bank on the line if they weren't willing to even come close to taking due diligence to give this team a prayer at contending.

This just in: When we face any quality team with a legit front seven, we are doomed. Did it have to be this way? No. They could have deflated their ego and done what was needed to improve it. But they ignored it for 3 years now.

Deny it if it makes you feel better, but Dallas, NYG, SD, Philly, Denver, TN, Jax, NE, Buff., CLE
___ALL___ took more energy, $, focus to make sure they had an OL that wasn't a sieve, (some had a lot of injuries so they look bad) but Pgh did nothing but give us excuses (Like Tomlin on draft day, when he smirked that they could help Ben in other ways then addressing the OL and getting more play makers - how did that fucking work out for you Tomlin?)

When Pgh plays Dallas, NYG, SD, etc., expect Ben to get knocked out of the game. By year's end, we will be looking at Dixon starting, because the mumbling windmill will also be knocked out before long.

I will tune in to see Pgh beat up on their weakling div. opponents - and watch Steeler Nation pretend it means something - but I will not place any emotional interests in games where they face even a decent front 7. This OL has no hope. If the front office, head coach and staff wants to fuck their jobs up and arrogantly state that they can help Ben in other ways besides putting a good OL in place, well, then, fuck 'em. If they aren't going to care about it enough to do their jobs, then I won't either.

Piss off.

Their arrogant/idiotic mindset is killing our first franchise QB since Bradshaw. And if they don't give enough shit to care, draft, sign, spend to end the embarrassment, then nor do I.

Tell me, Tomlin/Rooney/Colbert & Co. - Tell me how that punter, TE, RB, WR, crap free agent efforts in '06, '07 and '08 are doing to "help Ben out?"

This "effort" has been disgusting.
Last edited by lloydrules on Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Stop the gnashing of teeth. Not worth it

Postby Uhh » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:07 pm

It kind of sucks that my first post here ever is to agree with this gloomy post. But well said.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:09 pm

Uhh wrote:It kind of sucks that my first post here ever is to agree with this gloomy post. But well said.

Welcome to Stillers.com

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Uhh » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:11 pm

Thank you!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:30 pm

Uhh wrote:It kind of sucks that my first post here ever is to agree with this gloomy post. But well said.

Sorry Uhh. But I am a true Steeler fan and have to face reality (and obviously you agree). Maybe some day, before Ben is dead, they will finally get off theirs collective asses and DO something about the OL. Lord knows they haven't put enough energy, money or focus into it ever since it was obvious they needed to make moves for the future following the 2005 super bowl year. Worst case scenario they should have realized it after the 2006 season. I was shocked they didn't draft more OL in spring of 2007. And I was stupefied they signed 1 OLmen in 2008 and drafted only ONE OL in the draft, and that is was not even until after the 3rd round. A project LB BEFORE an OLman was taken? I mean Bruce might be a nice player and all but he won't take the field until 2 years and Ben has gotten KILLED two years running heading to this season.

And they continued to act as if the OL would magically cure itself.

Fuck them. Fuck them for such a careless and flippant attitude towards such a crucial, glaring area of need. Don't love anything more than it deserves. You will end up in shambles if you do.
:sushootem:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:42 pm

lloydrules wrote:If this team/organization isn't going to address the screaming need to improve the OL, thus securing a non-legit, true shot at a championship, then I - nor you - should get emotionally involved in their success.

Sorry, but I've been emotionally involved in the Steelers success since I was in the womb 33 years ago, and that isn't likely to change anytime soon. I'm a diehard fan and will cheer on the Black 'n Gold whether they win or lose. That's not to say that they don't piss me off at times, though. Damn team will be the death of me. :lol:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:15 pm

steelerette wrote:
lloydrules wrote:If this team/organization isn't going to address the screaming need to improve the OL, thus securing a non-legit, true shot at a championship, then I - nor you - should get emotionally involved in their success.

Sorry, but I've been emotionally involved in the Steelers success since I was in the womb 33 years ago, and that isn't likely to change anytime soon. I'm a diehard fan and will cheer on the Black 'n Gold whether they win or lose. That's not to say that they don't piss me off at times, though. Damn team will be the death of me. :lol:

I'm not letting the team be the death of me. I used to get so insane that the dog was terrified and would hid under the wifes legs as she sat in the chair in front of the computer.

It's just a sports team. I'm not going to take years off my life when the team itself is less concerned with winning than I am. F that. I didn't even go to the bar to watch this one b/c I knew what the outcome was going to be, and why: Crap OL b/c they refused to address it in a serious manner.

Screw 'em. Don't love something more than it will love you back. Rule #1.

The Rooneys have demonstrated over the years that winning is not as important as saving $. Sure, there are examples that are contrary to that assertion, but their lazy ways in free agency and refusal to moves some things around to create cap room proves that making money is a higher goal than putting a good OL on the field.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:21 pm

lloydrules wrote:The Rooneys have demonstrated over the years that winning is not as important as saving $. Sure, there are examples that are contrary to that assertion, but their lazy ways in free agency and refusal to moves some things around to create cap room proves that making money is a higher goal than putting a good OL on the field.

I totally agree with you there, lloydrules, and I'm really glad the dog isn't afraid of you anymore. :lol: ;)

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:49 pm

steelerette wrote:
lloydrules wrote:The Rooneys have demonstrated over the years that winning is not as important as saving $. Sure, there are examples that are contrary to that assertion, but their lazy ways in free agency and refusal to moves some things around to create cap room proves that making money is a higher goal than putting a good OL on the field.

I totally agree with you there, lloydrules, and I'm really glad the dog isn't afraid of you anymore. :lol: ;)

I barely raise my voice now, other than to cheer when good stuff happens. Back to the OL, you know the Rooneys are meddling when Simmons not only stays on the roster but gets a huge pay raise. They are willing to overpay for shoddy play than pay fairly for legit, top play. That is obvious.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby catesinator » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:42 pm

Fuck all you assholes. It's one game early in the season to an NFC opponent on the road. This loss means absolutely nothing. Stop being such pussies. This loss wouldn't rank in my top 50 of losses I have seen from this team in two decades. If a game like this makes you question your Steeler fandom, then I question whether you are a Steeler fan in the first place.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Uhh » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:32 pm

No one said anything about not being fans anymore.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:38 pm

catesinator wrote:Fuck all you assholes. It's one game early in the season to an NFC opponent on the road. This loss means absolutely nothing. Stop being such pussies. This loss wouldn't rank in my top 50 of losses I have seen from this team in two decades. If a game like this makes you question your Steeler fandom, then I question whether you are a Steeler fan in the first place.

Hey dumb ass:

No one said this loss was significant. As a matter of fact, I not only predicted the loss but also stated why the loss wasn't that very important - offering specifics - BEFORE it even happened. If you weren't so retarded, you'd know that what is being expressed is an ADDITIONAL point beyond the loss itself. i.e.our fears of the team NOT addressing the OL on the appropriate level is the single reason for the team to not contend. Most of us knew this was likely the case; this game proved it. For it won't matter if we win the division and go to the post season, for once we do, we will see Ben get beat to a pulp just as he did in this game. This assertion is a separate and unrelated topic to whether we are fans or not. Now, apparently, your depth of thought - or lack there of - doesn't allow you to grasp this.

Return to Stillers Talk