Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » It gets worse. ProBowler Casey Hampton will miss games

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

It gets worse. ProBowler Casey Hampton will miss games

Postby Hi5Steeler » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:37 pm

Hampton out with groin injury
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, September 22, 2008

• Casey Hampton left Sunday's game with a groin injury, and coach Mike Tomlin said after the Steelers' 15-6 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles that the veteran nose tackle could miss some time because of it. Tomlin said the Steelers will know more about Hampton after evaluating him today.

• Bryant McFadden started in place of Deshea Townsend (heel contusion) for the second consecutive week at cornerback, and Travis Kirschke started for Brett Keisel (calf strain) at right defensive end. McFadden picked off his second pass of the season in the second quarter and it led to a 53-yard Jeff Reed field goal. He also recovered a fumble in the first half. Kirschke had a team-high seven tackles, along with James Farrior. He also was credited with half a sack.

• The Steelers weren't happy about the call that led to an Eagles' safety in the fourth quarter. Officials awarded the Eagles two points after they ruled that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, under a heavy rush in the end zone, threw a pass where he didn't have an eligible receiver. The Steelers argued that a safety shouldn't have been called because running back Mewelde Moore was in the area.

• A day after the Steelers signed rookie linebacker Patrick Bailey from the practice squad to their 53-man roster, the undrafted free agent dressed for his first NFL game. Also on the inactive list were wide receiver Limas Sweed, offensive tackles Trai Essex and Tony Hills, outside linebacker Bruce Davis and Dennis Dixon (third quarterback).

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.
Back to headlines

Grizzled Veteran

Re: It gets worse. ProBowler Casey Hampton will miss games

Postby Hi5Steeler » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:39 pm

this means we will be without TWO starting D linemen against the ravens....possibly longer. this could possibly cripple our run defense.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby The Fan Of STEEL » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:04 pm

Where does it say tha Hampton will miss games? It says he could miss games.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:09 pm

get lost fan....you follow me everywhere.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby The Fan Of STEEL » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:11 pm

Hi5Steeler wrote:get lost fan....you follow me everywhere.

Go fuck yourself kid. I've been here for a decade. Nobody is following you. In fact, most wish you would just go away.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Guinness » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:13 pm

Mark my words that fat bastard will be out at least a month. How would you like to be the trainer that works on that groin muscle? Good luck with that.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:26 pm

I agree Casey Hampton is a HAS BEEN and a FAT BASTARD. Hoke outplays him anyway. Watch Hoke excell in his absence.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:33 pm

First off, both Hi5 and FOS are welcome here.

2nd, if Hampton misses a game, Hoke will be OK.

3rd, McFadden played well Sunday in place of Townsend. He stepped it up after a hot and cold performance in Cleveland.

4th, the Steelers should stop whining about the Safety. They got their asses kicked, and that saftey was not the reason they lost.

5th, what does it say when A day after the Steelers signed rookie linebacker Patrick Bailey from the practice squad, he gets to on the active 53-man roster, while our drafted rookie outside linebacker Bruce Davis can't get on the active roster.
PLUS we are having huge O-line problems for several years and our only drafted rookie lineman Tony Hills is also on the inactive list.
All these problems and our #2 pick this year is also inactive.

What does all this mean? To me, it means Kevin Colbert should be FIRED!

Wonder if Trai Essex could help this o-line? Yes, it is that bad.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:48 pm

Hi5Steeler wrote:Casey Hampton left Sunday's game with a groin injury

Actually, the medical term is that he pulled his pork loin. :D

Hampton has looked slow and out of shape. I welcome Hoke, a more active player, into the fold.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:06 pm

When Hoke sarts the Steelers are undefeated. So I am ok with this.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jeemie » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:04 pm

thesteelhammer wrote:4th, the Steelers should stop whining about the Safety. They got their asses kicked, and that saftey was not the reason they lost.

Not to mention the fact that it REALLY WAS A SAFETY, since Ben's knee was down before he released the ball.

thesteelhammer wrote:PLUS we are having huge O-line problems for several years and our only drafted rookie lineman Tony Hills is also on the inactive list.
All these problems and our #2 pick this year is also inactive.

What does all this mean? To me, it means Kevin Colbert should be FIRED!

Wonder if Trai Essex could help this o-line? Yes, it is that bad.

Yes- and now that our current crop of WRs has been exposed as a group that can't beat the jam, it's time to ignore the dropsies and go back to Sweed.

Sweed will not get better sitting on the bench, and he has the size and speed to beat the press. Even if he drops a few, just him getting off the press and attempting to make plays will get DCs to back off the blitz.

It's a fucking crime when our R1 from last year rarely gets on the field, our R1 from this year has but 11 carries, and our R2 from this year is in sweats.

A fucking CRIME.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:47 pm

• The Steelers weren't happy about the call that led to an Eagles' safety in the fourth quarter. Officials awarded the Eagles two points after they ruled that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, under a heavy rush in the end zone, threw a pass where he didn't have an eligible receiver. The Steelers argued that a safety shouldn't have been called because running back Mewelde Moore was in the area.

Yeah, so was Heath Miller.

Guinness wrote:Mark my words that fat bastard will be out at least a month. How would you like to be the trainer that works on that groin muscle?

Ew, no thanks. *shudders*

Return to Stillers Talk