Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » It's not always fun being right

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

It's not always fun being right

Postby lloydrules » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:28 am

I knew this was a probable loss for Pgh. And I knew why. Crap.

This sucks.

OL is garbage and won't be fixed this year. Not when you have Simmons in there.

Thanks front office and coaching staff; thanks for not addressing the obvious glaring weakness of the entire team. The D gives up 15 points to a pretty prolific O and you don't even come close to winning? Shitland.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: It's not always fun being right

Postby Steeledge » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:46 am

lloydrules wrote:I knew this was a probable loss for Pgh. And I knew why. Crap.

This sucks.

Thanks front office and coaching staff; thanks for not addressing the obvious glaring weakness of the entire team. The D gives up 15 points to a pretty prolific O and you don't even come close to winning? Shitland.

...umm, actually the D only gave up 13, and 6 of that was with a short field after turnovers (held both to FG - pretty damn good, I'd say)

Other than that, spot on!

I wonder where all the '08 draft-day happy dancers are now that we got a RB with the dropsies and a WR that doesn't even dress with our R1 and R2, when we MIGHT have addressed SOMETHING on this pathetic OL...
:sudancin:
Wha make you tink I won cutchu, mang?!?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:18 pm

Steeledge wrote:

This sucks.

...umm, actually the D only gave up 13, and 6 of that was with a short field after turnovers (held both to FG - pretty damn good, I'd say)

I wonder where all the '08 draft-day happy dancers are now that we got a RB with the dropsies and a WR that doesn't even dress with our R1 and R2, when we MIGHT have addressed SOMETHING on this pathetic OL...

Who grades a draft by the 1st year? Only an ignoramous does. How good was Bradshaw his 1st year? Joe Green? Lambert? Ham? Franco? Swann? Stallworth? Ben? Hines? Plax? Santonio? Troy? Shall I go on? Mendenhall has fumbled an 1/8 of the time he has carried the ball and now hes a fumbler? Dropped one pass and now he has the dropsies? You fans amaze me. Arians, Tomlin, Management, Mendenhall, Parker get criticized but the straw that stirs the drink, BEN get little? WOW. Am I the only white guy who is not watching channel zero?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:37 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:
Steeledge wrote:

This sucks.

Who grades a draft by the 1st year? Only an ignoramous does. How good was Bradshaw his 1st year? Joe Green? Lambert? Ham? Franco? Swann? Stallworth? Ben? Hines? Plax? Santonio? Troy? Shall I go on? Mendenhall has fumbled an 1/8 of the time he has carried the ball and now hes a fumbler? Dropped one pass and now he has the dropsies? You fans amaze me. Arians, Tomlin, Management, Mendenhall, Parker get criticized but the straw that stirs the drink, BEN get little? WOW. Am I the only white guy who is not watching channel zero?

It's Ben's fault when he has several rushers instantly hitting him - six sacks in the 2nd Q. alone. That is SIX in one Q....more than some QBs have been sacked all season. Dear God, this front office sucks.

Boy oh boy, thanks God we got punter, tall TE (good TEs are round dime a dozen), WR who won't contribute at all this season, et el. Hey, but we got that Tony Hills, who is another project who may never contribute at all.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:43 pm

most guys in this board were calling timmons a bust and the stillers were idiots for drafting 2 lb's with the first and second picks. chances are those 2 will be multiple time pro bowlers.

lets see where rashard and sweed are in 2 yrs at least , jeeez...

please name the o linemen that was left at out draft spot!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jeemie » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:07 pm

This sucks.

You realize that Simmons performed the best of all the O-linemen yesterday, don't you?

And that while I agree the OL blows chunks, most of the problem yesterday was simple math (8,7,6>5).

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:35 pm

The Line seemed Ok when Leftwich was in there. Soon you guys will see that its BEN not the line. Sorry

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:22 pm

Jeemie wrote:

This sucks.

You realize that Simmons performed the best of all the O-linemen yesterday, don't you?

That's like saying, "You do realize that of these five, actual turds in front of you, turd #4 is the least stinky and gross."

I feel like dancing over it all.

:sudancin: :sudancin: :sudancin:

Return to Stillers Talk