Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Why was Leftwich more effective than Ben?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Re: Why was Leftwich more effective than Ben?

Postby The Fan Of STEEL » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:21 pm

Hi5Steeler wrote:per jeemster and fan of steel we will now BENCH BIG BEN and START BYRON LEFTWICH.

THE APOCALYPSE HAS ARRIVED.WE ARE IN THE END TIMES. PLEASE STEP FORWARD AND ACCEPT THE SIGN OF THE BEAST ON YOUR LEFT HAND OR FOREHEAD. THANK YOU AND HAVE A PLEASANT DAY.

You are a fucking idiot. I have never even come close to saying that. I said leftwich was able to do a 2 step drop and throw the ball quicker than Ben. It was an observation, not a call to bench Ben. No wonder you put up such stupid topic starters, you can't read and comprehend the meaning of words past a 5th grade level.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:04 pm

yes satan. i hear you loud and clear satan....but im not buying.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:56 pm

Hi5Steeler wrote:LEFTWICH was playing against a PREVENT DEFENSE.

The eagles know leftwich sucks and couldnt even carry bens jockstrap so they basically DARED leftwich to beat them with his arm. guess what....he failed ....IN PREVENT......he had way more breathing room than ben and got dick.

eagles were NOT afraid of leftwich.

they showed it in their defense and proved it in execution.

scalaid you are a troll btw. you are deliberately saying things to anger people. you have no point...you have no passion. you just have a stick up your ASS.

I think it was Leftwich who was the STAR when Ben and Byron were in the same conference in College (Marshall/Miami of ohio). Who was 1st team (Byron and who was 3rd team behind Byron and a FAILED Texans QB David Carr? BEN)

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:58 pm

Anyone that says Leftwich was playing against Prevent Defense is IN DENIAL OR WAS WATCHING CHANNEL ZERO!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:30 pm

Ben ain't as bad as Scalaid6 makes him out to be and he ain't as good as the rest of us make him out to be. One thing all seem to agree on is that the team, especially the OL, played a whole lot better when Leftwich came into the game. I think that's an established fact.

I don't know why that was so but I have yet another humble but correct opinion. There's something rotten between Ben and the OL. I can't prove it but it's not just wild speculation. During many many years of following pro football I've seen it before, where an OL just wouldn't block for a back that they thought was chicken shit or didn't like for whatever reason. Same thing for qb's. That's what Bobby Layne meant when he said that the qb position was 90% a public relations job.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:35 pm

I disagree, I think our Line LOVES Ben. The only difference is One Qb did not execute all of his reads (Ben) and one did (Leftwich) the results substantiate this. I'm not saying Ben is bad, I'm saying hes BAD UNDER PRESSURE and his track record PROVES it.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:07 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:Anyone that says Leftwich was playing against Prevent Defense is IN DENIAL OR WAS WATCHING CHANNEL ZERO!

Guess you are calling the Steelers radio crew in denial or watching channel zero, because they commented on how The Eagles called off the dogs in the last drive. Even counted the number of rushers, and it was fewer than earlier in the game.
That's the way I saw it also.

Practice Squad

Postby Scarletfire1970 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:10 pm

In the second half, Heath wasn't an option in the passing game for Ben as he was brought in to help pass protect. You can blame the coaching staff for this loss. They did a poor job preparing the offense for the Eagles D. It was almost as if they didn't have a clue that the Eagles were going to bring the pressure. Maybe they didn't.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:21 pm

Who cares what the Steelers radio announcers said? Who cares what Ed Bouchette said? THEY ARE WRONG and anyone who watched the game will tell you, the BLITZED THE HELL OUT OF BYRON and only sacked him once (that wasnt a blitz either huh?). When Byron hit Heath for his 1st completion they sent two Lbs and a Db, THATS A BLITZ, he hot routed to Heath and you can tell because Heath IMMEDIATELY turned and looked for the ball after the snap (well executed hot route). 2nd time Johnsont sent 2 lbs he hit Nate. Even Phil Simms commented that they had to STOP BLITZING cause Byron was beating it. If you guys think for ONE SECOND that the coaching staff didnt prepare for the blitz then your higher than a hippie. Jim Johnson is KNOWN for one thing and thats BLITZING. Just like our Defensive guru Dick Labeau.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:24 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:Who cares what the Steelers radio announcers said?

Merrell Hodge and Tunch Ilkin know football. I'll take their opinion on whether the Eagles were blitzing over yours everytime.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:31 pm

Merril Hodge didnt say that and if he did PROVE IT liar. I watched the game I dont need an announcer to be my eyes. Last I checked Merrill has a history of concussions. So again, use your OWN judgment and watch for yourself and if you dont think hes getting blitzed you dont know football or your blind or both

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:38 pm

This is your 1st day here. Your opinion doesn't mean shit to me or anyone else on this board, so I don't need to prove shit to you.

Hodge flat out said the Eagles were only rushing 3 and 4 and were still getting there on the last drive.
Believe it or don't. I don't care. Everyone listening to their broadcast heard it and everyone watching the game without your obvious bias against Ben, saw it.

You are the one who has made 40 plus posts in one day all claiming Ben is to blame.
WHY DON'T YOU PROVE THAT?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:55 pm

So longevity is the standard of wisdom? I disagree. You cant prove it because its inaccurate or a statement that never happened. Eagles run a 4-3 so how could they rush 3??? When we have 3 or 4 wides in they are in Dime and that is still 4 down linemen sir. Do you KNOW football? Obviously you dont. Your ignorant statement is proof that Merrill never said such a thing because he DOES know football and hed NEVER utter that the eagles rushed 3 (thats a out and out lie). You want proof it was on Ben? Fine. We were down 10-6 and instead of stepping up in the pocket he stepped to the left into the teeth of the pressure and didnt have the pressence of mind to throw the ball away (he was outside the tackles) but his feeble attempt was an obvious grounding and cost us two point PLUS possession. This changed the demographics of the game. It went from a one possesion game to a two possesion game. Then when he had time what did he do? Got impatient and threw into double coverage and PICK CITY. How come no hot routes? How come no audibles to screen passes? Here is my proof to back up my claims, and then after you watch the 1st video, feel free to watch the second one from our game vs the Jags last season. Please tell me WHO Ben was throwin too on either of his 3 1st half picks?? He also lost a fumble in 4th. Feel free to provide your proof sir.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=2 ... gamecenter

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=2 ... eek=POST18

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:51 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:So longevity is the standard of wisdom?

No, but neither is posting the same thing 50 times.

Scalaid6 wrote:You cant prove it because its inaccurate or a statement that never happened.

No, I can't prove what the radio crew said because I don't have a copy of the broadcast. and because I don't care enough about this to get one.

Scalaid6 wrote:Eagles run a 4-3 so how could they rush 3???

It's called dropping a man into coverage. :dunce: and you want to say I don't know football.

Listen, I am not saying Ben is not to blame. Clearly he made some mistakes.
In my opinion, there is enough Blame to lay on every one associated with the offense.
All I am saying is that the Eagles weren't blitzing on every down of the last drive when Leftwich was in there, and the radio crew commented on it.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:03 pm

You can also blame the receivers on numerous plays they showed the rceivers running lackluster routes and nOT looking back a the QB and on 1 play Holmes took 4 steps looked towards where Ben should hve been and he was already down. That alone shows how fast the D was getting to the QB Holmes takes 4 steps in like a blink of an eye.

You can argue all night long but the facts are:

The O-Line could not stop anything even when they only sent 3 rushers they were in the QBs face.

The O-Line and Offense were not prepared and no real adjustments were made at least none that showed much.

Leftwich is the backup for a reason.

Ben is still overall better QB

Bitch all you want it wont change anything. What is important is that we get it fixed.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:09 pm

Leftwich is the backup because Ben was there 1st (fact). When Ben and Byron went head to head in college who won Miami of ohio or Marshall? MARSHALL. When they went head to head in the pros, who won? JACKSONVILLE. By week 7 Ben will be the backup. I will be here to say told you so. Offensive line was NOT a problem with Byron in the game thats my point. Hint: get rid of the ball quickly and it wont be. I know you guys hate to face the facts but why did they stop blitzing Byron? BECAUSE THEY SAW HE COULD BEAT IT. Is Byron Better than Ben? No. But he doesnt get rattled by pressure. BEN DOES.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:13 pm

thesteelhammer wrote:
Scalaid6 wrote:So longevity is the standard of wisdom?

No, but neither is posting the same thing 50 times.

Scalaid6 wrote:You cant prove it because its inaccurate or a statement that never happened.

No, I can't prove what the radio crew said because I don't have a copy of the broadcast. and because I don't care enough about this to get one.

Scalaid6 wrote:Eagles run a 4-3 so how could they rush 3???

It's called dropping a man into coverage. :dunce: and you want to say I don't know football.

Listen, I am not saying Ben is not to blame. Clearly he made some mistakes.
In my opinion, there is enough Blame to lay on every one associated with the offense.
All I am saying is that the Eagles weren't blitzing on every down of the last drive when Leftwich was in there, and the radio crew commented on it.

Yeah they dropped a man back in coverage. Look at that video and show me when they did that. Admit it I substantiated my point and you FAILED to. PERIOD

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:34 pm

I was watching the game, and during the final drive, my friend told me, "Just watch, some dork will scream to start Byron."..... I responded, "Only if they're not watching the game."....

My problem with Ben still points to that stupid MC accident...... I still think he doesn't react the same as he did before the accident...... It's as if he lost some agility or something...... I think of that big tackle he made near the end of that Dolts playoff game in the SB season...... The post MCA Ben wouldn't have made that play, in my humble opinion.

My problem with the game is it seems like the OC was clueless in stopping the blitz, and Ben ended up being roadkill. Mind you, the OL was awful on run plays too.

And finally, I think only a closet Browns, Ravens, or Bengals fan (pretending to be a Stillers fan) would scream for Leftwich. :sutimebomb: Sorry.
Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:51 pm

Are you referring to me? Anytime you want to test my Steeler knowledge you just say the word sir. I will humiliate you. I root for the Steelers NOT individual players. See you guys problem is that your loyalties are with Ben, mine are with the Steelers. I wan the best for my team and Ben just aint it. He has that Kordell mentality (scary demeanor). Ben is the type of man that if he was upstairs and heard a noise downstairs hed send his girlfriend down to investigate. Hes just TOO NICE, for me. Do I like him personally? Yes. But a Qb has to have a NASTY streak to be elite. Ben is soft. And show me where I said Byron SHOULD be the starter. Dont worry I'll wait.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:06 am

Scalaid6 wrote:Are you referring to me?

Yes. And I do think you're a fraud. :supissed: I'd hate to guess which one of the three other AFCN teams......
Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

PreviousNext

Return to Stillers Talk