Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Had Enough? Time for Ariens to go?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Had Enough? Time for Ariens to go?

Postby bigjoespompano » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:19 am

Who would you like to see (currently out there) take his place? Who would be a good fit?

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Had Enough? Time for Ariens to go?

Postby Coke Oven » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:04 am

It is my humble, but correct, opinion that both Ariens and LeBeau, and possibly even Tomlin, once they come up with a game plan, even though it's failing before their eyes, just seem to stubbornly stick with it to the bitter end. And we used to think that that was all Cowher's doing.

I'm also of the opinion that Holmes isn't very good and never will be. He lacks heart. Oh he'll make a tough catch and take a hit now and then. But he's eager to run out of bounds. And usually he won't go after the ball if he's going to get whacked.

Ben kept trying to outrun the Eagle defenders even though it was obvious after the first quarter that he couldn't. Leftwich seemed more effective just standing in the pocket and passing the ball, just like Romo, if only the sunsabitches would have cought it.

Against a team like the Eagles with those small fast defenders we could have really used a guy like Bettis who would have pounded them for about 3 quarters. Then the passing game would have opened up.

Practice Squad

Postby bdubsdsp » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:51 am

I've had enough of his WR screens and pick plays.... THEY DIDN'T WORK IN CLEVELAND, AND THEY'RE NOT WORKING HERE! He needs to give it up already. AWFUL! No adjustments were made in the offense after the first half. Arians even admitted to not figuring out how to pick up the blitzes. How about calling a damn pass play that doesn't take 4 seconds to set up! Here's another idea... Quick screens, one step slant routes, or getting a RB to help pick up the blitz for once! The defense showed up yesterday, but Bruce Arians needs to get shipped back to cleveland. TERRIBLE!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:58 am

I got it we can get Bubby Brister cheap, hell he knows more about Offensive behavior... oooops wrong offense........ sorry...........

Hell we have so many experts here why don't they apply.. They can list their posts as credentials......... I've got a feeeeeeling ,Pittsburghs' going to the shithole bowl.......

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Steelers4Tim » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:18 pm

Coke Oven wrote:It is my humble, but correct, opinion that both Ariens and LeBeau, and possibly even Tomlin, once they come up with a game plan, even though it's failing before their eyes, just seem to stubbornly stick with it to the bitter end. And we used to think that that was all Cowher's doing.

I'm also of the opinion that Holmes isn't very good and never will be. He lacks heart. Oh he'll make a tough catch and take a hit now and then. But he's eager to run out of bounds. And usually he won't go after the ball if he's going to get whacked.

Ben kept trying to outrun the Eagle defenders even though it was obvious after the first quarter that he couldn't. Leftwich seemed more effective just standing in the pocket and passing the ball, just like Romo, if only the sunsabitches would have cought it.

Against a team like the Eagles with those small fast defenders we could have really used a guy like Bettis who would have pounded them for about 3 quarters. Then the passing game would have opened up.

Great post, Coke, and I agree completely. We should have been able to pound that pussy-fuck Eagles D into the fucking ground yesterday, but the pass plays kept getting called.....and Mendenhall remained on the bench. WTF??? Our front office is setting Ben up to fail, and they don't even seem to give a flying fuck. We are slowly turning into the Bungles.

As for these folks who want Bruce Scarians fired, that's fine, but I have a question for you......why wouldn't you want Tomlin fired, too, especially considering that he is the fuckwad who promoted the stupid son-of-a-bitch??? Just wondering.....
"If you lead a good life, say your prayers and go to church, when you die you might go to Pittsburgh".
-Steelers folklore

Seasoned Veteran

Postby The Fan Of STEEL » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:09 pm

I think that anyone asking for the coaches to be fired in the middle of the season are fucking stupid. This is not the best O-line the Steelers have ever had, but how would firing Ariens or the head coach change that? This is not a sprint, it's a long season and we played ONE poor game and still was never out of it until the very end.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:12 pm

It is my humble, but correct, opinion

LOL you stole that from me cokeoven !!! funny you remember that far back. heh.

cheers big ears :cheers:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:14 pm

I'm also of the opinion that Holmes isn't very good and never will be

keeriiist coke do you really believe that? hes our deep threat and ben cant last long enough to throw a deep route.......

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:45 pm

bigjoespompano wrote:Who would you like to see (currently out there) take his place? Who would be a good fit?

OK, back to the question...
Anybody know what Brian Billick has been up to, besides getting his mug on Fox and commercials?
Do you think he could be talked into dumping that gig and jump-starting our O?

just musing...
Wha make you tink I won cutchu, mang?!?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:50 pm

"It is my humble, but correct, opinion

LOL you stole that from me cokeoven !!! funny you remember that far back. heh."

Actually I got it from my pastor, but I'm willing to give you all of the credit for it.

Return to Stillers Talk