Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Iggles vs Stillers post-game review

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Iggles vs Stillers post-game review

Postby BigE » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:32 pm

Sunday, September 21st.

The Stillers traveled up the PA turnpike this afternoon for an early season test again the Philly Iggles. Although, not a must win by any means, a 3-0 start would have been extremely nice, especially in a suck ass division such as this one. But once again, the Stillers showed up lifeless, inept and spent most of the afternoon running around like chickens with their heads cut off. This effort was totally unacceptable and intolerable.

Quarterback: Big Shoulder looked like dogshit for the entire game. The only rythm he ever got into was getting thrown onto his ass time and time again by the Iggle defense. Half of the (hold in your laughter) 8 sacks that he took were his fault. He continues to show indecisiveness with the ball, pump fake the ball for no reason and not throw it out of bounds. When Ben did have time to throw, his throws were hideous and usually off the mark. His stupid ass decision to throw a deep ball to Nate Dog into double coverage was a complete pile of shit pass and should have never been thrown. There was absolutely nothing that Ben did right the entire game. If Ben does have the green light to audible when he sees a blitz, I need to ask every Stiller fan reading this one question. Does Ben have a problem reading defenses? I don't and won't put all the blame on Ben's bad shoulder as he was running for his very life on almost every dropback, but his play has to improve. 3 games in and this quarterback has yet to throw for 200 yards in a game? Leftwich came in and did some mop up duty, but it was garbage time by then.

Grade D

Running Back: Willie was a ghost the entire day. The running game never got on track and how could it. The Stillers put themselves in long yardage situation almost the entire afternoon which made the running game ineffective. And once again, Willie was non-effective in the passing game. Mendenhall did a terrible job picking up the blitz, which was suppose to be one of his strong suits.

Grade C

Fullback: Ever since Dan Kreider left, this position is about as worthless as elephant shit. Davis did a piss poor job all afternoon at picking up blitzers and in run blocking. Why not just put an extra tight end in and eliminate the FB position altogether.

Grade D

Offensive Line: HOLY SHIT!!!!! Where do I start on this band of assinine, boneheaded, wretched pieces of shit that these guys are. It is apparent that this group of underachievers benefited from playing week ass teams the first 2 weeks of the season. They were exposed badly by the Iggles all day long. Leading the way in the "i play like shit category" was Chris Kemo. Aside from a holding penalty and 2 false starts, he constantly was getting beat to the inside by the Iggle LB's. Not far behind was Marvell Smith who got the living crap beat out of him all day by Bunkley, who beat the lard ass Smith numerous times by using the wide-loop rush technique. Was it me, or did Sean Mahan dress for the Stillers in this game, because Hartwig played like a worthless pile of rhino shit, Kendall "Richard" Simmons played his usual game of getting his ass driven into the backfield and looked like a complete dumbass on numerous plays. And then last but not least Willie Colon. He was beaten badly in the 3rd quarter by Bunkley and then committed an idiotic, dumbass hold to move the offense even further back. I could go on and on about this worthless offensive line. In 3 games, the line has given up 17 sacks. That's on pace to give up a whopping 88 sacks for the whole year. After 2 games, I actually heard the idiotic Pitt media from the post-gazette saying that the Steelers need to lock up some of these guys, are you shittin me?

Grade F-

Tight Ends: Miller was an absolute pile of manure. He got his ass kicked all day long by the Iggle blitz, and was once again written out of any plays that the Stillers had planned for this game. The other tight end, I can't remember his name, Matt something or other I think.

Grade C

Wide Receivers: This group gets somewhat of a break, simply because Ben was on his ass for most of this game and had no time to throw.

Grade: Incomplete

Defensive Line: This group caught a break when Westbrook left the game and did not return. However, they were stout against the run all afternoon and held their ground. But there was a tremendous lack of pressure from the front four all afternoon.

Grade B

Linebackers: Woodley was solid, as was Timmons. Jamie had a day he'd probably soon forget. He got burned on the touchdown pass to Buckhalter. This was a play that he normally makes, but was out of position. Frick and Frack did nothing once again, except flail and miss in pathetic fashion on numerous pass plays. They also managed to overpursue many times, taking themselves right out of the game.

Grade C

Seconday: Probably the best game to date for this group. They kept McNutt in check. Most of his completions were dinks and dunks. They eliminated the big plays and pretty much shut down the Iggle passing game in the second half. Troy Pola continued his brilliant play with an unbelievable diving interception. McFadden also had a nice pick and they got some good contributions from Gay.

Grade A

Offensive Coach: The Big Airhead continues to show that he sucks balls as an OC. This dumbass cannot make in game adjustments at all, he refuses to involve the tight ends or Willie Parker in the passing game. This idiot knew all week that the Iggles would bring a lot of blitzes, but yet his gameplan absolutely sucked. How this bafoon was promoted to OC is beyond me. When the season comes to an end, which could be sooner rather than later, this man need to be fired, no questions asked. For a team that "supposedly" has a bunch of offensive weapons, this offense has been absolutely clueless for 2 weeks straight. I can only imagine how much a star Heath Miller would be if he played for the Colts or Patriots or Broncos or Chargers or Eagles or Cowboys and the list goes on and on. How bout Parker, he would be a two-dimensional back on a lot of other teams, but not on ours. And, as ESPN voted, the Best young qb in the league, Ben has yet to throw for 200 yards in a game?

Grade F

Defensive Coach: The Dick got a repreive when Westbrook left the game for good in the 2nd quarter. Mcnutt was successful in the first half of dinking and dunking the ball down the field, and in the second half the defense made the proper adjustments and slowed McNutt down. However, there was never any real pressure on McNabb the whole game. The Dick was outcoached badly by his counterpart Johnson when it came to blitz packages. Why does this old, washed up man keep getting all of this pub.

Grade B-

Head Coach: This was a game that was harder to watch than the two Jaguar games last year. The thing that worries me is that Tomlin is not an offensive coach, and I never see him discussing anything with the Big, Fat Airhead. One loss is not a major concern right now. At 2-1, the Stillers still have a reasonable chance to make it 4-1 before the bye. Tomlin needs to have a bounce back week as a highly confident Birdy team rolls in next Monday night for a slugfest. But, this game opened up ONE BIG GLARING HOLE that could keep this team from the playoffs and could get his quarterback killed.

Grade C

Side note: Once again the coverage teams were very good. They bottled up Jackson and never let him get into open space. Jeff Reed was once again solid. As usual, the return teams sucked ballsack.

Grade B.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Iggles vs Stillers post-game review

Postby darthsteel » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:46 pm

It is kinda hard to read your review when you obviously dislike the qb. When you say the qb position played like dogcrap after being sacked 8 times and hurried 14,its hard to take you seriously as a knowledgeable football person.

ben had a guy near him by the time he took 3 steps on everyone of the sacks.

I didnt read the rest of your review , but I am sure you went after whomever you dislike :roll:

If anything you give the qb position a c for the fumbled snap and a few passes he missed when he had protection.

You dont throw a ball out of bound if there no reciever in the vicinity.Everyone loves to say throw it away ,but there is a thing called a penalty if there is no one in the area.
How many times can you actually throw the ball away in a game?jeeez everytime you get pressure you want ther ball to be thrown away, you need a few seconds to even be able to spot a reciever to throw away to . jeeeez some people! :lol:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby steelwest » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:13 pm

I am not sure we watched the same game. The offensive line is horrible. Watch Tony Romo once in a while and see him stand back there for six seconds without anyone near him time after time. Then go back and evaluate this game. Our offensive line cannot clear any holes for running plays -- even to get two yards on a reliable basis. Similarly, their pass protection is just awful.

The offensive coordinator also leaves much to be desired. When the line cannot block, you can run screens to take advantage of the overpursuit of the passer. In the Cowher days, we did this almost to a fault. Now, we never do it.

You can also go to max protect and have extra tight ends and solid blocking running backs available to catch the extra blitzer or two. We rarely seem to do this either.

Whether Ben holds the ball a bit is irrelevant right now as on too many plays he has no more than 2 seconds before he is about to be plowed under. Other QBs do not face this kind of regular pressure. Philly has zero sacks of Romo. Read that again. The Browns barely mustered a rush against Romo but Ben was running for his life there too.

Overall, our O-line is porous and our schemes are terrible. What we do have is talent at all the other positions so if they can just figure this issue out over time, the team should be good. That is as long as Ben stays healthy (or if he can get healthy).

By the way, other teams get special teams returns and blocked kicks in these kinds of games and win that way. We never do that either.

Let's hope the staff can turn it around.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:05 am

BigE wrote:When the season comes to an end, which could be sooner rather than later, (Arians) need to be fired, no questions asked.

End of the season? How about NOW??????
Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:09 am

BigE wrote:Sunday, September 21st.

The Stillers traveled up the PA turnpike...blah, blah, blah...

Little-E-Wanna-B,
I've read StillMill, I've watched StillMill work, I've seen his treatment of others, just and unjust, I've disagreed with and debated StillMill...

...Sir, you are NO STILL MILL!!!
Wha make you tink I won cutchu, mang?!?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:11 am

StillDodger wrote:
BigE wrote:When the season comes to an end, which could be sooner rather than later, (Arians) need to be fired, no questions asked.

End of the season? How about NOW??????

Watch the Post-Gazette this week, fellas.
I just have this nagging feeling...
Wha make you tink I won cutchu, mang?!?

Return to Stillers Talk