Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Anyone seen that sorry P.O.S. "The Truth" ??

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Greenhorned Rookie

Re: Anyone seen that sorry P.O.S. "The Truth" ??

Postby dukemcfister » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:49 pm

[quote="StillMill"]The Truth, a loud-mouthed, know-it-all poster, came out of nowhere and began posting on Friday. Here is the link to the thread where he made most of his know-it-all assertions --

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=719

“Its not about who starts, so before you try to set yourself up to bitch, LT will play more snaps than Foote.” WRONG !! Foote played at LEAST TWICE as many plays as Timmons. At least. Timmons played a grand total of about 7 plays in the 1H. In the 2H, he didn’t even enter the game on defense until 7:20 3Q, and played a meager amount of plays in that half. - Mill gets the nod here. Slow of Foote really needs to be ridin' the pines and we need to let the young buck LT loose more.

”I hope, yes HOPE, Philly throws the ball to Westbrook all game. I hope the guy gets 20 catches. All that means in they are not throwing downfield, and our swarming, FAST, hard-hitting D will take its toll on the pass-happy, pussy-football Eagles as they kick FGs all day. We have a much better back 7 then the Cowboys.” Yeah, sure. The tremendous back 7 made McNabb look like Joe Fucking Montana. McNabb was 15 of 16 in the 1st half. Injury was the only thing that slowed him down all nite.
- The nod here goes to The Truth. It wasn't our back 7 that allowed so much of these passes to be completed, it was the Soft Zone coverage that we played for most of the game that Lebeau instilled, as well as the pathetically meager pass rushing of the front 3. the linebackers did OK, but the secondary was especially solid with McFadden and Pola playing out of their minds.

”The real mismatch is the Eagles D trying to stop our O. They are not deep at S/DBs, so we can spread them out, or power run 3TE. They wont stop us. The Stiller O will roll. Thats the mismatch.” ‘Nuf said on that load of balderdash. - Mill wins this round. However, it wasn't as much as the Eagles D stopping our O, as it was our retarded, 11 fingered offensive coordinator, one Brutus Scarians who flushed the whole thing down the shitter for us. The Eagles should have gave that dumb fucker the game ball.

“Its pretty simple (if you can think) to assume we will emply more Nickel D than Base D.” WRONG. Nod here goes to Mill. the Steelers did not employ nearly enough of the Nickel, especially after Westbrook went down. they should have laid no the Nickel package and dared them to run it with Buttfucker.

”Newsflash. Timmons is the LB that play on the FIRST STRING nickel package.
So, 1+1=2, meaning more Nickel, more playing time for your loveboy LT.” WRONG again!! - Again, I give the nod to Mill. timmons did not get nearly enough playing time in this game.

”Also, let them throw it to Booker (who sucks ass, and scares nobody - we'll knock his ass out of the game again like we did in Miami) or Buck (who is a slow juiced up RB). I’d rather see them throw it to those stiffs than downfield to actual weapons in Curtis and Jackson.” Game’s only TD --- on a short out to Buck, who was so “slow”, according to the great, almighty “Truth”, that he sped down the sidelines, untouched for the TD. - I gotta give this one to The Truth. Buck scored because of a missed open field tackle more than anything, and was completely forgottne about after the line caved ni trying to get to McNabb.

“The Steelers will be in the Nickel most of the game.” WRONG again, as usual. - Mill gets the nod.

-------------------------------------------

The tale of the tape goes to Mill on this one, but mainly due to the truth raving so much about our Nickel package. Some good points were made here by both. Of course, my opinions are just my opinions, so feel free to flail away at will if you disagree...

Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:20 pm

Just as I suspected....weak-assed, bullshit rationalizations and quibbling from The False and Guiness. They were WRONG, and instead of admitting their assinine stupidity, they made all sorts of comparisopns to how Bruce Arians -- a turd whom I've ridiculed MORE THAN ANYONE, ANYWHERE -- lost his matchup against the Iggle blitz. No shit about Arians, who is a stupidfuk exceeded only by the likes of The False. That was never the point about the pre-game article.

Thank you, gentlemen, er, shal we say ladies, for your weak-assed, lamefuk excuses. :lol: I'm sure we won't be hearing any more from The False, and who knows about Guiness.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Steelers4Tim » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:52 pm

StillMill wrote:Just as I suspected....weak-assed, bullshit rationalizations and quibbling from The False and Guiness. They were WRONG, and instead of admitting their assinine stupidity, they made all sorts of comparisopns to how Bruce Arians -- a turd whom I've ridiculed MORE THAN ANYONE, ANYWHERE -- lost his matchup against the Iggle blitz. No shit about Arians, who is a stupidfuk exceeded only by the likes of The False. That was never the point about the pre-game article.

Thank you, gentlemen, er, shal we say ladies, for your weak-assed, lamefuk excuses. :lol: I'm sure we won't be hearing any more from The False, and who knows about Guiness.

Mill, off-topic here, but I was just wondering how much more of Dyke Tomlin you can stomach......remember what I told you a few years ago???

.....be careful what you wish for, dude. I think maybe, just maybe, you're starting to realize how great of a football coach Bill Cowher was.
"If you lead a good life, say your prayers and go to church, when you die you might go to Pittsburgh".
-Steelers folklore

Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:18 pm

Steelers4Tim wrote:Mill, off-topic here, but I was just wondering how much more of Dyke Tomlin you can stomach......remember what I told you a few years ago???

.....be careful what you wish for, dude. I think maybe, just maybe, you're starting to realize how great of a football coach Bill Cowher was.

Timmay,

a. You couldn't have told me anything about Tomlin "a few years ago", as you noted above. Tomlin was hired 20 months ago. A few years ago, he was a fairly unknown commodity and I never once saw you comment on him "a few years ago".

b. Cowher was a turd. He lucked into his lone SB win and the team won in spite of him, not because of him.

The jury is still out on Tomlin. I would rarely ever run a head coach out of town in his 1st or 2nd season.

Remember this, too -- Cowher never went undefeated, and he was on the wrong end of NUMEROUS assbeatings. (Minn. in '96; Jax in 2005, and many, many other whippings.) Let's not pillage Tomlin after 1 loss here in '08. I find it odd that yer so eager to run Tomlin out of town, when your idol and hero went 9-7 in his 2nd season as HC.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jeemie » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:07 am

StillMill wrote:
Steelers4Tim wrote:Mill, off-topic here, but I was just wondering how much more of Dyke Tomlin you can stomach......remember what I told you a few years ago???

Timmay,

a. You couldn't have told me anything about Tomlin "a few years ago", as you noted above. Tomlin was hired 20 months ago. A few years ago, he was a fairly unknown commodity and I never once saw you comment on him "a few years ago".

b. Cowher was a turd. He lucked into his lone SB win and the team won in spite of him, not because of him.

The jury is still out on Tomlin. I would rarely ever run a head coach out of town in his 1st or 2nd season.

Remember this, too -- Cowher never went undefeated, and he was on the wrong end of NUMEROUS assbeatings. (Minn. in '96; Jax in 2005, and many, many other whippings.) Let's not pillage Tomlin after 1 loss here in '08. I find it odd that yer so eager to run Tomlin out of town, when your idol and hero went 9-7 in his 2nd season as HC.

a) I think he was talking about you wanting Cowher gone in general

b) In his second year, had Cowher established a pattern of:

*not playing well on the road?
*not beating a quality opponent?

Because that's Tomlin's pattern thus far. I agree the jury is out still, but what IS in is NOT promising thus far.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Steelers4Tim » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:45 pm

StillMill wrote:

Timmay,

Mill, as Jeemster stated, I was talking about how you kept wanting Bill Cowher gone so bad, and I told you on numerous occasions to be careful what you wish for. The general rule for replacing a coach in the NFL should be as follows - never, ever replace a coach, unless no other option is available, and unless you have or can get one of equal or greater value. The Steelers have failed in this department, and you know damn good and well they have, your pride not with standing.

As for calling Cowher a "turd", spare me, dude. You jammed his "caveman", old-school football mentality into the ground and used it against him, but in fact maybe you should have been praising the motherfucker. I mean, hell, he called a shitload of drive-off tackle rights and drive-off tackle lefts. Run, run, and run some more. He had pathetic talent at the QB position, yet won more fucking games from 92-06 than any other coach in the league, all the while you talked about him like he was some fucking high school coach.

In fact, Mill, if you factor in EVERY fucking coach in this league knew we were going to run and run and run, and then factor in the piece-of-shit QB's Cowher had to work with, then maybe, just maybe, Cowher was actually a superior coach to guys like Noll, Billichump, Walsh, etc. Opinions vary, but yours in left fucking field.
"If you lead a good life, say your prayers and go to church, when you die you might go to Pittsburgh".
-Steelers folklore

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jeemie » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:08 am

Steelers4Tim wrote:Mill, as Jeemster stated, I was talking about how you kept wanting Bill Cowher gone so bad, and I told you on numerous occasions to be careful what you wish for. The general rule for replacing a coach in the NFL should be as follows - never, ever replace a coach, unless no other option is available, and unless you have or can get one of equal or greater value. The Steelers have failed in this department, and you know damn good and well they have, your pride not with standing.

Bullshit rule.

There's always someone better or equal available.

The general rule is- if you have a specific goal, and the guy you hired to get you that goal shows he can't achieve that goal, you let him go and find someone who can do the job.

Your rule is the rule of fear- the rule of "Let's settle for less than the best because if we change we might get worse".

Fear of the unknown should NEVER be a guide to decision-making, Tim.

Then again, I'm not surprised this is your mantra- because your whole offensive philosophy is predicated on your fear that the guy running the show (the QB) may fuck up.

I guess you never understood the phrase "No risk. No reward". No one EVER won the Super Bowl by being afraid.

I was going to respond to the rest of yuor post, but why rehash old arguments? It's pointless.

Previous

Return to Stillers Talk