Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Why I'm so pissed!

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Why I'm so pissed!

Postby trenches » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:44 pm

To tell you the truth, I expected a sub-par performance today... This team has had a complacent attitude for two weeks since whipping Houston. So, as a result, this dung laden effort is not be a total surprise to me. Nonetheless, I am pissed because we had a chance to make a real statement in the division and conference. We had a chance to take another step forward which would have been on the heads of the division opponents. All of this could have happened while facing an opponent on a short week (historically a solid advantage). Now... let's see how it went.
  • Swagger? Gone
  • Blueprint to kill Ben? Confirmed
  • Ability to run? What's that?
  • Ability to pass? What's that?
  • Ability to manage the clock in a common game scenario? Requires high school or greater level coaches

Let's see how Tyke Momlin and crew respond. Hopefully this humbles and refocuses the team and puts a little edge back into them. What I saw today was a handful of players ready to play and a bunch of sissy, gutless shit bags.

In the meantime... I need to vent my frustration... :sutimebomb:

Stillers.com Team

Re: Why I'm so pissed!

Postby trenches » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:09 pm

Another reason I'm so pissed... why does Lefty come into the game and Heath Miller gets hit twice! Immediately! The TE CAN BE USED TO ALLEVIATE THE PASS RUSH!

This whole situation stinks so bad I could puke. :evil:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby indysteel » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:12 pm

Yep.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear they all started the game half drunk, then rolled out at halftime to a strip club to "tuck a buck." It's like they didn't even realize a game was being played....more like a grab ass session to them. I dunno know.

In years past, I would have destroyed some part of the furniture or the house after a game like this. My age and the cost of repairs have led me to stop such behavior --- but GOD WOULD I LOVE TO BREAK SOMETHING RIGHT NOW.

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:16 pm

What I see is lack of ingenuity and inspiration.

Tomlin needs to prove he can win tough games on the road with his intelligence and psychology.

His detached approach is what pisses me off. I don't know why he is detached, he just is, IMHO.

It's time to move out of the team personnel evaluation mode and coach football.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:21 pm

Tomlin thinks it is cool to be "detached" 8-)

Getting your ass kiked like this ain't cool though. This needs to change or Tomlin could become "detached" form his job.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:27 pm

From NFL.com's game center
Key stat
The Eagles recorded nine sacks and a safety and had at least twice that many knock-downs. And those numbers don't count the four times Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger barely escaped sacks and was credited with 6 total rushing yards. If Roethlisberger was less elusive, the Eagles very easily could have tallied 15 sacks or more.

Noteworthy
Eagles RB Brian Westbrook left in the second quarter with an ankle injury and did not return. ... Roethlisberger left late in the fourth quarter with a hand injury and did not return. ... The Steelers did not have a play of 20 yards or more until Heath Miller's 21-yard grab with less than two minutes left. ... In one eight-play stretch of the second quarter, the Steelers gave up five sacks, committed a false start penalty and threw an interception. ... Pittsburgh did not get into the red zone until its final drive. ... Donovan McNabb set a new Eagles franchise record with his 176th career touchdown pass.

I am pissed because:

- our franchise QB is hurt.

He is hurt because our O-line sucks. We knew this last off-season. The only thing done about it was the signing of Hartwig.

-We did not draft a O-lineman on day one.
-We did not sign an upgrade at either Guard or Tackle spots.
-We let Willie Anderson sign elsewhere, when it was clear this preseason that we still had the same problem on the o-line.

Colbert should also be held acountable for this.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:49 am

"His detached approach is what pisses me off. I don't know why he is detached, he just is, IMHO."

You might be on to something there. At first glance Bellicheat appears to be a detached guy. But he's really deep into the game and constantly strategizing on how to come up with a win. Behind that benign looking exterior is real intensity. Tomlin is indeed detached. Maybe we're seeing this team give up on him just like those guys in Minnesota did.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:11 am

It Tomlin is detached what about the NON EMOTION that Ben shows? You dont see that? Maybe some people arent demonstrative like Eli Manning, Tony Dungy, Bill Walsh, Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Don Shula, Tom Landry, Bud Grant. My goodness, does that mean they lack intellect? NOBODY, that sits and talks football with Tomlin comes away unimpressed. You guys think the Rooneys would hire a guy whos not qualified? Everyone doesnt react like Cowher or Bobby Knight, There is nothing wrong with having class. Ben has class, he doest chew people out, hes a nice guy. Whats wrong with that?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:14 am

Ben is hurt because he is slow to read defenses and he needs 3-4 seconds back there to see the field. As Ron Jaworski says "Ben is slow to process the information". This is an accurate assessment. You'll see Jaws say it again, come Monday Night. BEN GET RID OF THE BALL FAST AND THE BLITZ WONT BE A FACTOR.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:05 am

Ben had no time to react to the blitz they came with the ball.

You guys know how Madden is in love with Farve Sound like their is a similar love affair between Koolaid and Jaworski or is that Scaleaid something like that.

If Ben is so slow (Which I doubt) after all this time I think his QB coach would have addressed it. And I think Ke Anderson knows a little about Blitzes and how to read them and react to them.. Oh yeah you forget that you could react superbly quick but as the cameras showed yesterday the reecivers were not doing that much to help Ben if they would have even looked back maybe he could have made a play

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:17 am

jstallworth82 wrote:Ben had no time to react to the blitz they came with the ball.

You guys know how Madden is in love with Farve Sound like their is a similar love affair between Koolaid and Jaworski or is that Scaleaid something like that.

If Ben is so slow (Which I doubt) after all this time I think his QB coach would have addressed it. And I think Ke Anderson knows a little about Blitzes and how to read them and react to them.. Oh yeah you forget that you could react superbly quick but as the cameras showed yesterday the reecivers were not doing that much to help Ben if they would have even looked back maybe he could have made a play

Blame the Line, Blame the receivers but NEVER Ben. Lol. I respect Jaworski and his ability to break down film. In my opinion there is non better right now. Funny how there were NO line issues when Leftwich got in, did ya notice that? You cant substantiate your case so you start with the collateral attacks, proof that you have no ground to stand on. What did Wisenhunt say about Ben? Slow to read defenses. What did he do when they played us? He blitzed. Did it work? YEP. One day you guys will open your eyes and see that Ben is the reason for MOST of the sacks, not the line, nor the wrs.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jeemie » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:22 am

trenches wrote:Another reason I'm so pissed... why does Lefty come into the game and Heath Miller gets hit twice! Immediately! The TE CAN BE USED TO ALLEVIATE THE PASS RUSH!

Not only that, but Leftwich audibled out of the first play he ran, while Ben stupidly ran whatever the OC sent into him.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:43 am

Jeemie wrote:
trenches wrote:Another reason I'm so pissed... why does Lefty come into the game and Heath Miller gets hit twice! Immediately! The TE CAN BE USED TO ALLEVIATE THE PASS RUSH!

Not only that, but Leftwich audibled out of the first play he ran, while Ben stupidly ran whatever the OC sent into him.

Now your starting to speak the truth. Ben is what he is. A Big Talented Qb but hes slow to process the information like KORDELL

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:21 pm

Yeah, wasn't that somethin'? What has me so pissed is that the Steelers absolutely WOULD NOT stop with the freakin' run-run-pass shit even though IT WASN'T WORKING! Cowher used to do the same damn thing. That has me so fired up I could just, just, oh I don't know, spit or somethin'! :supissed:

Yesterday's game was so painful for me to watch. Nine sacks on Ben! WTF? Our O-Line should be shot, and we should start all over. It can't really get any worse.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:32 pm

I agree with the play calling (Run Run Pass). Why didnt ben audible to a pass? Or when he seen the blitz right in his face, why not audible to a screen like Manning does? You cant put it all on the coaches, Qbs have the option to change the play when they see the one called wont work.

Return to Stillers Talk