Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Fuck Tomlin......

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Fuck Tomlin......

Postby Jeemie » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:19 am

Hi5Steeler wrote:stall....there aint a damn thing you can do when one second into the play they are already in your face. many times it was two seconds and they were there...straight through the line. you cant dump off quick enough for that.....

unless the receivers and TEs all start out facing ben and run backwards.......thats about the only way to get a pass off quick enough....think about it....the recievers have to take off...run at least a FEW steps....and turn to look back. by that time hes already dead.

watch replays of the sacks THROUGH the oline...straight shots ...not even touched on many ......CRAZY SHIT.

Bullshit.

There's PLENTY you can do.

Yes- the OL blows chunks, but 7>5. Eagles were jailhouse blizting on almost every play, and Arians/Tomlin did NOTHING to counter it.

Nor flares to the flat to RBs, no shfting the TE out wide to man him up on a DB, no REAL screen passes (not those stupid WR screens that require 7 seconds to set up and should NEVER be run on 3rd down).

Hell- even the bunch sets (which I now know are there to compensate for the fact that none of our guys- including Ward- can get off the jam) played right into the Eagles' hands.

And to top it off...NO development of Ben's situational analysis. The guy didn't audible all game long, but stupidly stuck with plays his pre-snap reads should have been telling him were doomed to failure. The guy STILL doesn't know when to just chuck the rock away.

ALL of this goes back to coaching. ALL the possible fixes were something every high school coach should know...but OUR coaching staff obviously didn't.

I praised the Tomlin pick- I liked the out-of-the-box thinking that went behind it. The stories of his football smarts made me sure we had a good strategist on our hands.

But as with many "book-smart" people, Tomlin has turned out to be "in-game" dumb. When shit starts to break down, when Plan A fails, Tomlin has no plan B.

20 game in, and he has shown me nothing to suggest this will improve.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:37 am

Again, another guy who couldnt WAIT for a little pothole to start criticizing the head coach. How come Tomlin gets NO praise when they are doing good? Like for example last season (1st half). After being 2-0? NO coach is an on the field general. How is Bellichick looking w/o Brady? Was Chuck Noll a GREAT coach, strategist? HELL NO. He had a QB who was a general on the field who came through and made the good plays. Name ONE good strategy that Noll ever was credited for. Dont worry I'll wait. How bout Cowher? How many AFC Championships did that guy lose? How long did he stay with that Bum kordell? I guess you dont recall how accurate Ken Anderson was as a qb. He now coaches Ben and TRUST ME, Ben has good coaching but you cant make a guy understand when he does not. Blame the line, blame the coaches all you want. I will continue to blame the rightfull person and that BEN. I give you credit for partially doing so, although I believe it to be a facade just so you could tear into Tomlin.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jeemie » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:44 am

Scalaid6 wrote:Again, another guy who couldnt WAIT for a little pothole to start criticizing the head coach. How come Tomlin gets NO praise when they are doing good? Like for example last season (1st half). After being 2-0? NO coach is an on the field general. How is Bellichick looking w/o Brady? Was Chuck Noll a GREAT coach, strategist? HELL NO. He had a QB who was a general on the field who came through and made the good plays. Name ONE good strategy that Noll ever was credited for. Dont worry I'll wait. How bout Cowher? How many AFC Championships did that guy lose? How long did he stay with that Bum kordell? I guess you dont recall how accurate Ken Anderson was as a qb. He now coaches Ben and TRUST ME, Ben has good coaching but you cant make a guy understand when he does not. Blame the line, blame the coaches all you want. I will continue to blame the rightfull person and that BEN. I give you credit for partially doing so, although I believe it to be a facade just so you could tear into Tomlin.

You obviously don't know me very well, so I'll forgive your ignorance.

This isn't just "one little pothole".

This has been the result every time the Steelers have gone up against a good team in Tomlin's tenure (and even some not-so-good teams).

Once is a "little pothole". Two...three...four...five...six times is a fucking PATTERN.

And sure, Ben shares a LOT of blame...but I wouldn't turn cartwheels over Ken Anderson's ability as a coach. He coached the Jax QBs too- how good are they?

A player can be the greatest player in the world- that does NOT mean they are going to be a good coach.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:20 am

Jeemie wrote:
Scalaid6 wrote:Again, another guy who couldnt WAIT for a little pothole to start criticizing the head coach. How come Tomlin gets NO praise when they are doing good? Like for example last season (1st half). After being 2-0? NO coach is an on the field general. How is Bellichick looking w/o Brady? Was Chuck Noll a GREAT coach, strategist? HELL NO. He had a QB who was a general on the field who came through and made the good plays. Name ONE good strategy that Noll ever was credited for. Dont worry I'll wait. How bout Cowher? How many AFC Championships did that guy lose? How long did he stay with that Bum kordell? I guess you dont recall how accurate Ken Anderson was as a qb. He now coaches Ben and TRUST ME, Ben has good coaching but you cant make a guy understand when he does not. Blame the line, blame the coaches all you want. I will continue to blame the rightfull person and that BEN. I give you credit for partially doing so, although I believe it to be a facade just so you could tear into Tomlin.

You obviously don't know me very well, so I'll forgive your ignorance.

This isn't just "one little pothole".

This has been the result every time the Steelers have gone up against a good team in Tomlin's tenure (and even some not-so-good teams).

Once is a "little pothole". Two...three...four...five...six times is a fucking PATTERN.

And sure, Ben shares a LOT of blame...but I wouldn't turn cartwheels over Ken Anderson's ability as a coach. He coached the Jax QBs too- how good are they?

A player can be the greatest player in the world- that does NOT mean they are going to be a good coach.

I dont know you so please quote ONE post from yourself praising Tomlin when they do good. Heres your chance to shut me up sir. I ask you against what good teams are you referring to? Jags (look at Bens stats), Pats (look at Bens stats), Cards (look at Bens stats), Jets (Ben played ok this game. T. Jones ran all over us), Eagles? (Look at Bens stats). I agree with you ITS A PATTERN. Tomlin doesnt play Qb sir, Ben does and Tomlin doesnt make costly turnovers Ben does and I KNOW, Anderson didnt teach that. In regards to the Jax qbs uh they turn the ball over less than Ben (Garrard) and Who looked better yesterday, Ben or Anderson 1st protege, Leftwich. Tell the truth and shame the devil

Seasoned Veteran

Postby BigE » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:42 am

I agree with most you say. But, the defense played extremely well. They never gave up any big plays, their pass coverage was very good, and I believe that they have 6 int's this year, when last year they had a total of 11 all year. The defense is for real and is very much playoff caliber. But, the decision to not kick a field goal when it was 4th and 10, knowing that you need 2 scores was as asinine of a decision as was going for 2 last year against Jacks. Arians needed to be fired at the end of last year. This complete dumbass never adjusted to the Iggle blitz at all. At this rate, Ben will be lucky to make it through all 16 games. I, like you, am not sold on Tomlin at all.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:56 am

BigE wrote:I agree with most you say. But, the defense played extremely well. They never gave up any big plays, their pass coverage was very good, and I believe that they have 6 int's this year, when last year they had a total of 11 all year. The defense is for real and is very much playoff caliber. But, the decision to not kick a field goal when it was 4th and 10, knowing that you need 2 scores was as asinine of a decision as was going for 2 last year against Jacks. Arians needed to be fired at the end of last year. This complete dumbass never adjusted to the Iggle blitz at all. At this rate, Ben will be lucky to make it through all 16 games. I, like you, am not sold on Tomlin at all.

So your hanging your hat on the fact that Tomlin didnt kick the fg? Ok lets address that. Romeo kicked the fg instead of going for the TD vs us last week and what happened? THE MEDIA KILLED HIM for it. If Tomlin had, you would find fault in that too. It amazes me that Tomlin/Arians gets criticized for things that surfaced due to bad quarterback play. We were down 10-6 a one possesion game. Who made it a two possession game with a intentional grounding call in the endzone? We lose 2 points AND possession because our quarterback doesnt have the pressence of mind to get rid of the ball properly. Thats Tomlins fault? Arians? WOW. In regards to the fg/td. Did we need both? We needed a TD AND a FG. Tomlin merley decided to go for the TD 1st and then onside and try the fg second. Its all a gamble. If we kick the fg, is there any gurantees we will get the onside kick? To lay your hat on THAT is CRAZY lol. In regards to the Jags game. So we lost because Tomlin decided to go for 2? I ask you sir, why did we have to go for 2? I'll tell you why. Because Ben had 4 turnovers (3ints and 1 fumble) that put us in a deep hole. Sure he played up to his capabilities the 2nd half but the 17 points he gave them and the potential 3 or 7 we lost on his fumble put us in a bad situation. Its AMAZES ME HOW PEOPLE TWIST THE TRUTH. WOW

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jeemie » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:06 am

Scalaid6 wrote:Romeo kicked the fg instead of going for the TD vs us last week and what happened? THE MEDIA KILLED HIM for it.

TOTALLY different situation.

Cleveland didn't need the FG- it didn't get them anything. It was a one-score game both before and after they kicked it.

Steelers DID need the FG- they NEEDED points on their possession. It was a TWO-score game.

Now- let's say everything you say about Ben is true (and much of it is). Then, it is STILL on the coaching staff- because they should KNOW that Ben needs a real OC- they should KNOW that Ben cannot be counted on to ave them from bad strategic decisions.

Instead, they kept trotting Ben out there into bad situations with NO alternatives for him.

So, as I said, Ben does not escape blame...but NEITHER does the coaching staff.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:33 am

Jeemie wrote:
Scalaid6 wrote:Romeo kicked the fg instead of going for the TD vs us last week and what happened? THE MEDIA KILLED HIM for it.

TOTALLY different situation.

Cleveland didn't need the FG- it didn't get them anything. It was a one-score game both before and after they kicked it.

Steelers DID need the FG- they NEEDED points on their possession. It was a TWO-score game.

Now- let's say everything you say about Ben is true (and much of it is). Then, it is STILL on the coaching staff- because they should KNOW that Ben needs a real OC- they should KNOW that Ben cannot be counted on to ave them from bad strategic decisions.

How long did CONFUSED Kordell remain our qb? nuff said. And if Tomlin benches Ben ALL HELL would break lose and you know it.

Instead, they kept trotting Ben out there into bad situations with NO alternatives for him.

So, as I said, Ben does not escape blame...but NEITHER does the coaching staff.

Previous

Return to Stillers Talk