Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Fuck Tomlin......

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Greenhorned Rookie

Fuck Tomlin......

Postby Steelers4Tim » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:41 pm

What a pathetic coach we have. Philly spotted us a short week, a starting running back, a banged-up, overhyped piece of shit QB, and every opportunity in the world to win, yet Tomlin did nothing. Did this motherfucker watch any film this week? No adjustments, no emotion, piss-poor clock management, and no heart. We have taken on the identity of our coach.....a soft, scared team that is afraid to fight and bust people in the mouth. He choked our season away last year, and he's choking this one away, too. Then again, that's what happens when you give the keys to the ranch to a fucking secondary coach.

Time for a reality check.....when Dan and Artie fucking Jr. hired Mike Tomlin, they set this organization back 40 years. The way we played football today, that's an insult to the '68 Steelers.
"If you lead a good life, say your prayers and go to church, when you die you might go to Pittsburgh".
-Steelers folklore

Greenhorned Rookie

Re: Fuck Tomlin......

Postby dukemcfister » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:43 pm

Tomlin was horrible today. Terrible coaching between both he and Scarians. Just fucking repulsive...

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Steelers4Tim » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:49 pm

dukemcfister wrote:Tomlin was horrible today. Terrible coaching between both he and Scarians. Just fucking repulsive...

Oh, don't get me started on "Scarians", either. Here was a piece of shit man who was fired at Temple, fired in Cleveland and sent to the janitor, er, wide receiver coach, yet Tomlin promoted his fucking ass to OC.....again, how ANYONE likes Mike fucking Tomlin is beyond me.
"If you lead a good life, say your prayers and go to church, when you die you might go to Pittsburgh".
-Steelers folklore

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Fire Arians » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:59 pm

no idea how arians kept his job after last year

Practice Squad

Not a good game, but not unique.

Postby Jimmy T. » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:04 pm

I seem to recall losses to the Ravens that felt like this...
...back when we had a different coach...
...and a really big running back.

There was stuff I saw this evening that I didn't like, but I'm not going to go off the deep end because of it.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Homer J » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:20 pm

Steelers4Tim wrote:.....a soft, scared team that is afraid to fight and bust people in the mouth.
:suahhbs: :suahhbs:

Get a life, kid. Polamalu and the entire defense really stepped up in the second half. They were flying around and kicking ass. And so far this year, they've given up one touchdown in three games when it mattered.

It wasn't the banged up Iggles quarterback or Westbrook that kicked the Steelers' ass. It was their defense. And the problem was clearly a Steeler offensive line that sucked when Tomlin came here, and drafting the seventh best offensive lineman in last year's draft would not have changed things much. What part of that don't you understand?? Where do you go to get really outstanding offensive linemen when the top ones have already been drafted? Is there a sale on them at your nearby Wal-Mart Supercenter???

The Steelers O looked no worse today than it did two years ago both times against the Ravens, Tim, and you know it.

They need an o-line that can pass protect, a second tight end who can really block, and a bodyguard running back for max protect. They needed them last year - even with the overrated Faneca. The best they could do was getting Hartwig, who is better than pathetic Mahan. And Kemo, who ain't Faneca on the run, but is no worse in pass blocking.

Games like this happen. Especially when a team matches up well against another team's weaknesses. And the Eagles shredded and confused the Steelers' offensive line. The real test of Tomlin will be how he his assistants regroup. And whether the team learns from the game films and makes the necessary adjustments.

It ain't the end of the world, but it is certainly an awful feeling to know that a Steeler franchise is weak in the trenches. That stands history on its head. All that said, I will say that Tomlin's failure to go for a field goal in the final 75 seconds was inexcusable.

But don't lay all the blame on Tomlin. He's done well with a team that has no depth up front on either line and an offensive line that sucks eggs. They had one of the best records in the league last year 'till Smith went down and they had nobody to replace him. It's the players who must make the plays, and when you don't have the horses, you have a problem.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:33 pm

IT wasnt tomlin timmy boy....it was the o line and our last TWO drafts not addressing O line.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:56 pm

So it was the O-Line? What adjustments were done during the game? Where were the quick hits? What did Tomlin do to help the Offense adjust to the Blitz? NOTHING Go ahead blame Arians but also blame Tomlin because at some point the HC must step up and take action. MT has never had the intestinal fortitude to do that. He is too inexperienced to understand all aspects of the game. He had no answer. Where was Lebeau? He of all people should have been able to point out to Arians what was coming. Oh yeah Dick does his job. Did MT or Arians ask him? I doubt it both of their egos would not allow that.

The O-Line sucked mentally and physically. Oh yeah where are you O-Line lovers now where is PGH on your stupid Power Ranking now? I put them at number 15.

I know it was the Front Offices fault.... wrong Tomlin isnt the great new face..

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:46 pm

stall....there aint a damn thing you can do when one second into the play they are already in your face. many times it was two seconds and they were there...straight through the line. you cant dump off quick enough for that.....

unless the receivers and TEs all start out facing ben and run backwards.......thats about the only way to get a pass off quick enough....think about it....the recievers have to take off...run at least a FEW steps....and turn to look back. by that time hes already dead.

watch replays of the sacks THROUGH the oline...straight shots ...not even touched on many ......CRAZY SHIT.

Practice Squad

Postby derfsandmuskie » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:07 pm

A couple of replays showed Shitmmons and Fartwig letting their assignments running through untouched. How do you miss guy who has already sacked BB 3 times. Seems pretty basic to block the guy in front of you. Unless their is some stupid blocking scheme to block the guy who in invisable.
Derfsandmuskie=aboyandhisdog

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:54 pm

Yeah they went right through. obody thought to talk to them point out what their assignments were? They should have held hands and made a fence at least that might have given Ben 2 seconds. Noo that wouldn't work they would not have been able to accomplish that. But look on the bright side we know what to look for the rest of the season and already know that Tomlin is as confused as the players. But he will stare into the cameras and deflect all responsibility

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:34 am

"and drafting the seventh best offensive lineman in last year's draft would not have changed things much."

No but it would have been the beginning of the beginning. As things stand now we're not even at that point.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:54 am

Its funny how when Cowher was the coach and the offense did good, Wisenhunt got the credit. When the D did good Lebeau got the credit. When they do bad its cowhers fault. Now Tomlin gets the same treatment. Can Mike Tomlin call hot routes? Can Mike Tomlin call line adjustments? NO. Put the blame on the rightful owner and that BEN. Pressure didnt seem to bother Leftwich (watch the tape they were coming against B-wich). Same thing vs Jags, Cards etc. Why didnt Wisenhunt get the job? Because BEN said "He yells at me and I dont respond well to getting yelled at" and gave him a bad report to the rooneys. Just admit the truth, you dont want a black head coach. Last week vs the Browns, Romeo got killed in the press for kicking the fg instead of going for it. Tomlin does the opposite and hes wrong now. Damned if you do damned if you dont. Why didnt the Eagles blitz the crap out of Romo last week? I'll tell you why, because they respect him as a decision maker and know he has the ability to burn the D. They dont have that same respect for Ben and No coordinator does (Thanks to Wisenhunt telling the world that Ben doesnt have the ability to make quick decisions). Ben calls the Hot routes not Arians/Tomlin. Ben calls the line adjustments not Arians/Tomlin or Hartwig. Put the blame on its rightful owner- THE QB

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:00 am

"Just admit the truth, you dont want a black head coach."

Bullshit! Pure unadulterated bullshit. I haven't seen any posts from anyone around here that even remotely indicates that that is so. Seems we could turn that around though and say that you do want a black head coach no matter how bad he is.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:06 am

Like the KKK admith they are racists lol Why do you think they wear hoods sir???? I am white and I work with ALOT of Steelers fans and they ADMIT they arent used to seeing a black coach heading our team. Hell, I'll be honest, it DOES take some getting used to. Tomlin does not have a bad record as a coach in fact its very good. Did Tomlin turn the ball over 4 times vs the Jags or did Ben? Did Tomlin NOT call hot routes vs the Eagles or did Ben? Did Tomlin try to throw the ball into Double coverage and get picked or did Ben? Did Tomlin have an intentional grounding in the endzone to cost us two points and make it a two possesion game or did Ben? Seems Ben is escaping ANY blame. Hmmmmm

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:12 am

Two can play that stupid game. Did you notice how the team looked better when Leftwich was in there? Well that's because all of the black players and the black head coach stepped up their game. You see, they secretly want to have a black quarterback too. Look who they even replaced the 3rd string qb with. Another black guy.

You are one stupid motherfucker.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:17 am

So what does that say for the Somoan players (Kemo) and White players (Heath/Hartwig) Didnt Heath catch two passes when Leftwich was in? If your rationale is valid, why didnt he drop the passes? Last I checked the Rooneys draft and sign players NOT the coach. Seems like your TRUE colors are coming out. Hmmmmm

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:20 am

Coke Oven wrote:Two can play that stupid game. Did you notice how the team looked better when Leftwich was in there? Well that's because all of the black players and the black head coach stepped up their game. You see, they secretly want to have a black quarterback too. Look who they even replaced the 3rd string qb with. Another black guy.

You are one stupid motherfucker.

Lastly, the team looked better because Leftwich got rid of the ball quick. HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Thats what ALL successful Qbs do to the blitz, thats why Brady/Manning dont get blitzed much. Only qbs that get blitzed alot are ONES WHO ARE SLOW TO READ COVERAGES. Did you see what the Dolphins did to Cassell? Similar to our QB. Wisenhunt said it when he was here (Ben reads coverages too slow). What did Wiz do to us last season? BLITZED US. Who won the game? They did. Dont you recall us being on their 3 yard line going to win the game? Cards sent the house to make Ben think fast and what happened sir? INTERCEPTION! Steelers lose! I guess that Arians/Tomlins fault too hunh?? WOW

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:34 am

scalaid6, It is not the QBs job to adjust the O-Lines blocking assignments. It is his job to be a leader in the huddle though. But when you candy coat the poor play of the O-Line vs soft competition this is what you get. The funny thing is that there are rookies and2nd year Lineman around the league that are better than are so called starters. They understand blocking schemes and can figure out even on blown assignments that hey the guy in front of me is coming I should block him... Not these idiots they simply stand there with there head up their asses mumbling what way did he go...was that my man to block? Simply put they dont have the intellegence to block, never mind make adjustments. But it seems that they have as much intellegence as the head coach. Tomlin is a figure head .

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:08 am

jstallworth82 wrote:scalaid6, It is not the QBs job to adjust the O-Lines blocking assignments. It is his job to be a leader in the huddle though. But when you candy coat the poor play of the O-Line vs soft competition this is what you get. The funny thing is that there are rookies and2nd year Lineman around the league that are better than are so called starters. They understand blocking schemes and can figure out even on blown assignments that hey the guy in front of me is coming I should block him... Not these idiots they simply stand there with there head up their asses mumbling what way did he go...was that my man to block? Simply put they dont have the intellegence to block, never mind make adjustments. But it seems that they have as much intellegence as the head coach. Tomlin is a figure head .

Sir your really shouldnt speak on matters if you dont have the proper knowledge. IT IS Bens responsibility to adjust O-line blocking assignments, just as it is of ANY top Qb (Brady, Manning,Carson,Mcnabb,Romo). What rookies and 2nd year lineman are better than our linemen? Names please. Please understand that there are FIVE offensive lineman. The Eagles run a 4-3 base defense. So if they send 4 Dlineman, 2 lbs and a Db that is 7 men to be blocked by 5. You do the math sir. When a Qb reads this at the line he is to adjust the blocking AND call a hot route to offset the pressure. The only Qb to do that was Byron. Ben stayed in the pocket and looked for the big play and that caused him to get sacked. To beat pressure you have to process the information and get the ball out, Quarterbacking 101. Thats why Ben and Wisenhunt had a stormy relationship, he was critical of ben in this regard. I dont know Mike Tomlin personally as I'm sure you do not. Personally, I dont think the Rooneys would hire him if he didnt have a sound football mind. Cowers last 3 years he went 6-10, 11-5 (sb) and 8-8 and missed the playoffs. The guy inherited a mediocre team and I would venture to say that the team is on the way up not on the way down. You guys are critical of Tomlin because you dont like the hire. Funny how Ben gets ZERO criticism. That just really SPEAKS VOLUMES lol

Oh and here is substantiation that Ben is responsible for the Line adjustments etc. http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08248/909259-66.stm

Next

Return to Stillers Talk