Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » To all you koolaid drinkers!

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

To all you koolaid drinkers!

Postby darthsteel » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:44 pm

I have been harping and putting up the stats on the offensive line in pass protection and showed how awfull it had been based on a per attemp model. But no no all the koolaid drinkers were like oh the pass blocking is better and it will continiue to get better bla bla bla!

please take your last sip of koolaid and realize as usual this is the worst pass blocking line in the nfl and its not even close!

you cannot win a superbowl giving up a sack every 7 attemps, well now Im sure its like 4 attemps per sack, ohh lord what a discrace!

Stillers.com Team

Re: To all you koolaid drinkers!

Postby trenches » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:09 pm

BTW...check your math... 4 sacks in 34 attempts is 1 sack per 8.5 attempts. Obviously much better than what you portrayed! :D

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:11 pm

Well, today Ben had 8 sacks, I believe.

This team needs to travel much better.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:13 pm

trenches wrote:BTW...check your math... 4 sacks in 34 attempts is 1 sack per 8.5 attempts. Obviously much better than what you portrayed! :D

you convienantly left out the point my post was previous to the sack being taken away by the nfl!

good for you if it makes you feel better 8-)

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:31 pm

ben is on track for a 64 sack season, anyone know the nfl record?

you can basically pen in 6-8 sacks over the next two weeks against baltimore and jacksonville, then lord knows how many against the giants following the bengals.

Im sure all will be well against cincy's d line and all the koolaid will be flowing again :lol:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Snockered Pedestrian » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:37 pm

Yinz can have all the offensive weapons in the world, but if the QB does not have the time to get the ball to these weapons, they are useless. I think we saw the real state
of the Pittsburgh O-line today; if they had been in the state of intoxication
they would have played better.
Yinz build your football team from the lines outward--and the FO has been
horribly remiss in addressing both for the last several years. The piper received
his initial payment today. He will be back.

Should've got rid of Zierlein when he sent his e-mail and got a real O-line coach.
Arians next?

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:10 pm

Darthsteel,

In all seriousness, your point about Ben's health was well-taken before but now... it comes to a whole new light. Today's performance was so bad it was dangerous. Ben's 8 sacks could easily have been 12 with the pressure he was under. I believe he was tackled 4 times as he crossed the line of scrimmage (i.e. didn't count as a sack) and landed hard on at least two of those.

The worst part, to me, is that many of the woes today were caused by shear mental mistakes. The line was dumbfounded and confused. I watched a large number plays a 2nd and 3rd time and saw (many times) two linemen incorrectly moving to block the same man or looking and cheating the wrong way only to be too late to get back to where they should have been. These mistakes are why they couldn't even stop a 3 or 4 man rush today. Shear embarrassment and without excuse! :supissed:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:31 pm

trenches wrote:Darthsteel,

In all seriousness, your point about Ben's health was well-taken before but now... it comes to a whole new light. Today's performance was so bad it was dangerous. Ben's 8 sacks could easily have been 12 with the pressure he was under. I believe he was tackled 4 times as he crossed the line of scrimmage (i.e. didn't count as a sack) and landed hard on at least two of those.

The worst part, to me, is that many of the woes today were caused by shear mental mistakes. The line was dumbfounded and confused. I watched a large number plays a 2nd and 3rd time and saw (many times) two linemen incorrectly moving to block the same man or looking and cheating the wrong way only to be too late to get back to where they should have been. These mistakes are why they couldn't even stop a 3 or 4 man rush today. Shear embarrassment and without excuse! :supissed:

I also saw a stat durring the game that said he was hurried 14 times along with the sacks, considering he threw 25 times and was sacked 8... there is really nothing you can say, I never have seen something like this in my 28 yrs watching them.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:57 pm

Colbert:
:sushootem:

Arians:

O-line:

Today:
:sufu:

Being first place still:
:supimpin: If we win next week, we still control things with a cushion.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:02 pm

trenches wrote:Darthsteel,

I agree totally and add Whee was Tomlin,Arians what did they adjust to correct the problem? Any Quick hits? anything.... Noo

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:27 pm

jstallworth82 wrote:I agree totally and add Whee was Tomlin,Arians what did they adjust to correct the problem? Any Quick hits? anything.... Noo

They did absolutely nothing to correct the problem. Just kept running the run-run-pass shit that pisses me off to no end.

Return to Stillers Talk