Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » New Article: Steelers @ Eagles, Game 3 Preview

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

New Article: Steelers @ Eagles, Game 3 Preview

Postby trenches » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:51 am

Steelers @ Eagles, Game 3 Preview has been posted by Guest at Stillers.com.

Seasoned Veteran

Re: New Article: Steelers @ Eagles, Game 3 Preview

Postby JumboHeadYouks » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:58 pm

Not only will the Steelers win this game...they will do so in impressive fashion. Philly's offense shined against 2 pitiful pass defenses. The Steelers were the #1 overall defense last year and they are a better unit this year. Pittsburgh will move the ball consistently and Philly will not. Philly's two best receivers are injured...while Jackson is good, Ike should have no problem taking him out of the game. Westbrook wil probably get a score and 50-70 rushing yards with maybe 40 receiving yards but I am telling you this, the Eagles are overmatched here...big time.

Steelers 24
Eagles 13

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:42 pm

Here's the TV distribution map for this Sunday's late games (Week 3):

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2008-03-CBS2.html

There's a large audience for the Stillers-Iggles game.
Jim Nantz and Phil Simms are covering.

Practice Squad

Postby MTQ1970 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:11 am

Hey there -

I appreciate someone paying even a modicum of attention to the game and my opinions. It should hopefully be entertaining and a learning experience regardless of which team wins, though we can damn the opponent. Whenever I give the another team credit, it comes from years of giving the Steelers too much leeway. It's the anthesis of my devotion to this team. When I write these so called "analysis", it's out of my deep passion for the team. It dates back to January 1976 when the only thing I can remember about SB X is going to Isaly's in New Kensington at halftime. Or later in the year when Ray Mansfield kicked our only extra point against those bastard Raiders. It reminds me of 1977 when the Steelers lost to the Orange Crush on Chistmas Eve and I was in church. Had I been allowed to skip that, maybe they would have won (or at least that's what I like to think). Or in 1978 when the greatest team ever played and they pissed me off so much that I picked up a piece of furniture and threw it at out 13-inch TV. It reminds me off my grandmother who taught me the appreciation of Cope. This team is the one true passion in my life and I try to finally be subjective because I'm older, not because that's what I feel in my heart.

I hope that they beat the living hell out of McNabb and destrot Philly. Nothing good has come out of that city since Rocky Balboa. To get the job done there would even make it sweeter than normal. I hope you're right. I will buy you a case of Iron City if they do so, and be happy to give. If the Steelers are as good as I think they are, losing is not an option.

Happy Sunday.
Patrick

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Guinness » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:14 am

I think you speak for a lot of us. Growing up a Steeler fan in the 70's was an unbelievable experience. Fans of other teams in other cities can not appreciate the passion that exists with this team.

I think it was 3 seasons ago when the Steelers played a Monday night game in San Diego. The Chargers were starting to come into their own and had gained a lot of fan support. I coincidentally was travelling to San Diego for business and flying back Tuesday early AM after the game. The airport at 7AM Tuesday morning was mobbed with a black and gold freak show; iron city-canned hardhats, black and gold paint, you name it. The look on the faces of cellulite-less, perfectly tanned, Gucci wearing, just finished at the SPA southern californians was priceless.

Return to Stillers Talk