Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » NFL changes Roeth sack to a reception

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Re: NFL changes Roeth sack to a reception

Postby The Truth » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:15 pm

Mill, its only you and Nel that are acting like that.

Im not, and havent insulted anyone else other than you two (who deserve it).

Im trying to bring some input in here, and if you look, you two have been the most abusive BY FAR.

Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:20 pm

"Im not, and havent insulted anyone else other than you two (who deserve it)."

Hate to break this news to you, False....but insulting us 2 is a free ticket out of here. And I could give a shit if you like that or not. You've been warned. Your call if you want to remain or depart.

Practice Squad

Postby The Truth » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:24 pm

Then stop calling me a troll. I know I have been around longer then Nel boy.

Im up for some football discussion, you dont seem to be.

Dont you think its a little early to be calling Ariens a dumbass? Considering the fact that we played in a windstorm in one game, and about 2 quarters of necessary football in the other.

Then, you are using stats from those games to prove a point about someone you can bash?

Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:34 pm

The Truth wrote:Then stop calling me a troll. I know I have been around longer then Nel boy.

Dont you think its a little early to be calling Ariens a dumbass? Considering the fact that we played in a windstorm in one game, and about 2 quarters of necessary football in the other.

Then, you are using stats from those games to prove a point about someone you can bash?

Troller,

Again, yer proving to be a stupidass. It's not to early to call Arians a dumbass. His failure to get RBs involved in the passing game, as well as get production out of the #3 & #4 Wrs, is NOT a 2-game trend. It's a trend that dates back well into last season, where the RBs were written out of the script from day 1 and the #3/4 WRs stopped being solid producers after the midway point of the season.

Lastly, I'll fuking bash whoever I feel like bashing when I have more than ample justification. You don't like it? Moan somewhere else.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby The Fan Of STEEL » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:50 pm

StillMill wrote:1 of Roeth's sack vs. Clev was changed by the NFL to a reception by Ben, of all people. The ball hit a helmet and came back to him and he grabbed it.

Ben now is tied with Fast Willie Parker in receptions.....and he now has more receptions than the dynamic Mendenhall and Mewelde Moore (the "pass catching back", as you know) COMBINED. He also has more grabs than the #3 WR, and more than 2nd round rookie Limas Sweed.

All hail Bruce Arians.

STEELERS 38 points

Other teams 9 points

STEELERS 2 - 0

All hail ALL THE COACHES and Ariens has called very good games so far this season.

It would be nice to get our RBs into the passing game, but so far this season there has been no problem moving down the field. It is too early to say that he is not going to get our RBs involved in the passing game.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:33 pm

I'm not sure what sparked this pissing contest, but I have one truth to add:

I was at the game in Cleveland. You could throw despite the weather. Both teams did it successfully. There would have been more stats showing it, but both teams had drops. I would not attribute those drops to the weather, they were typical Nate/Nate and Braylon drops, but I suppose you coud make that arguement.

Can anyone point out a play where the weather kept either team from passing?
A wind gust that caused a ball to float? Something?

It may have effected the punting, cause the ball gets up higher, but I was there and neither teams QB was having a problem throwing the ball to the intended WR. I think the borws were actually passing on us pretty effectively in the second half. Had me nervous.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:29 am

StillMill wrote:
The Truth wrote:Then stop calling me a troll. I know I have been around longer then Nel boy.

Troller,

Again, yer proving to be a stupidass. It's not to early to call Arians a dumbass. His failure to get RBs involved in the passing game, as well as get production out of the #3 & #4 Wrs, is NOT a 2-game trend. It's a trend that dates back well into last season, where the RBs were written out of the script from day 1 and the #3/4 WRs stopped being solid producers after the midway point of the season.

Lastly, I'll fuking bash whoever I feel like bashing when I have more than ample justification. You don't like it? Moan somewhere else.

Mill,
You power-mad fuck, get a hold on yourself.

I'll fuking bash whoever I feel like bashing when I have more than ample justification.

...and not allowing other posters to do the same without threatening to axe them is blatant tyranny, and your site and all involved with it are embarrassed and exposed as frauds as a result.

lighten up...we're talking football here.

You have a point...Ariens has sufficiently demonstrated that he's a putz and has yet to learn how to use his dynamic tight end duo (something you failed to mention in this thread, BTW) AND his backs as the receivers they've demonstrated that they can be...

Plus, slow-a-Foote will be a mismatch against Westy out of the Philly backfield, we get that...

But, At-Least-Half-Truth here has a few points, in that things could be different come Sunday:
a> Ariens hasn't had a real chance yet to demonstrate any of the new "TEs and backs-as-receivers" offensive schemes that we've all heard so much about this year.
b> We had the first game pretty much locked up by the end of the first half, and that was using our standard offense with no surprises.
c> The weather during at least the first half of game 2 was horrendous, and could alter any second half game plan to limit the passing game, especially an Ariens game plan.
d> More likely that not, Dickie LeBeau knows the Iggles pass-heavy tendencies, and will adjust accordingly with Timmons figuring into the mix, and not just on "passing" downs. It's certainly no accident that coach T has kept him around for what's now his second year.

That said, this discussion with all else factored in has ended in a draw.

and now that you're out of answers, all you're left with is to threaten a banning... :roll:

sounds pretty pathetic to us by-readers, and really casts Stillers.com ON THE WHOLE in a negative light

lighten up, dipshit, before you lose more credibility AND membership...
Wha make you tink I won cutchu, mang?!?

Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:47 am

It's certainly no accident that coach T has kept him around for what's now his second year.

Yup, that Mike Tomlin....what a clever coach !! By gawd, he kept a talented, healthy, FIRST ROUND selection in the guy's (Timmons') 2nd year!! What a genius !! And, remember, as Edge here will tell you, "It's certainly no accident". After all, Timmons could have been cut.

LMAO.....what a dumbass. STFU Edge. We're looking for intelligent discussion here, not assaholic stupidity.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:14 pm

StillMill wrote:
It's certainly no accident that coach T has kept him around for what's now his second year.

Yup, that Mike Tomlin....what a clever coach !! By gawd, he kept a talented, healthy, FIRST ROUND selection in the guy's (Timmons') 2nd year!! What a genius !! And, remember, as Edge here will tell you, "It's certainly no accident". After all, Timmons could have been cut.

LMAO.....what a dumbass. STFU Edge. We're looking for intelligent discussion here, not assaholic stupidity.

Since your tense angst at appearing football illiterate and your power-drunk rage are apparently making your eyes cross, you obviously missed that
I WAS TALKING ABOUT DICK FUCKING LEBEAU!!! :roll:

Tomlin came into Pittsburgh from a job as DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR, yet he retained LeBeau and they still are doing well together.

Take a breath, read it again, S-L-O-W-L-Y this time, and maybe it will all start to make sense to you.

You're right...
We're looking for intelligent discussion here

...so stop fucking it up with your power-mad "assaholic" :roll: stupidity, douchebag!!

Mill -------------- Reason
:sushootem:

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Guinness » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:24 pm

StillMill wrote:Yer playing the role of a troll. You want to treat a mod like Nel, and posters here, with abusive language, you'll find a 1-way ticket out of here. You've been warned. your call.

As an unbiased 3rd party Steeler fan that doesn't know either of you - Millie you started the personal insults and bad language "Fuktard" as I recall. I would hate to see participants who disagree with your viewpoints getting blocked from particpating and posting their messages. This is too much of a "it's my ball and I'm going home" attitude.

Dont' take differing opinions so personally. I acknowledge you are spot on in most of your analysis and your exposure of Fat Casey, Arians, Joey Porter is refreshing vs. the crap that is perpetuated by the local papers. You have created a site where thoughtful opinion and analysis are encouraged, don't ban someone because they disagree with your views.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:45 pm

Guinness wrote:
StillMill wrote:Yer playing the role of a troll. You want to treat a mod like Nel, and posters here, with abusive language, you'll find a 1-way ticket out of here. You've been warned. your call.

As an unbiased 3rd party Steeler fan that doesn't know either of you - Millie you started the personal insults and bad language "Fuktard" as I recall. I would hate to see participants who disagree with your viewpoints getting blocked from particpating and posting their messages. This is too much of a "it's my ball and I'm going home" attitude.

Dont' take differing opinions so personally. I acknowledge you are spot on in most of your analysis and your exposure of Fat Casey, Arians, Joey Porter is refreshing vs. the crap that is perpetuated by the local papers. You have created a site where thoughtful opinion and analysis are encouraged, don't ban someone because they disagree with your views.

:suplusone: - good post!

See, that's just the point, as illustrated by your opening quote of Mill:
Yer playing the role of a troll.
...ostensibly because "you disagree with my point and aren't willing to submit to my superior knowledge and forum power"

Wikipedia:
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion

He flies off and changes the definition of troll to fit his needs and justify threats to remove privileges. I'm glad you pointed out that he was the one that started with the abusive language.
I like you just piped in as a bystander to try and point out how much of a bully Mill was trying to be because he already exhausted the leverage of his argument and "because he has every right to."

I hesitate to be so glowing about him being "spot on in most of [his] analysis". I do credit him for doing a much better job than most of those who get paid for it. I'm also VERY glad to have this forum and the privilege to discuss and debate those areas where we agree and disagree regarding something we're all very passionate about, and in a way that we just can't get anywhere else.

I just cringe at the idea that someone could lose that privilege when someone else with a little power gets a bur in his ass because the first someone soundly refuted his argument.
And, as a by-standing observer, I've seen Mill do this before...

Previous

Return to Stillers Talk