Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » New Article: Stillers @ Iggles -- The Key Mismatch

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Re: New Article: Stillers @ Iggles -- The Key Mismatch

Postby StillMill » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:01 pm

The Truth wrote:The fits were, supposedly, JLewis catching 3 passes for 28 yards, and JHarrison catching 1 big gainer where he ran all over a slippery field.

Foote on this play, Harrison catch, overpursued, and slipped (Woodley slipped as well). Farrior was back in coverage when the pass was made, he came up from the right side of the D and was blocked along with James Harrison by a couple of pulling lineman.

Thanks for helping prove my point, False. 9 YPC to 1 of the slowest starting RBs in all of the NFL. 23 yards by Harrison in the 4th qtr. in a very tight game....THE LONGEST play from scrimmage by Clev in the entire game.

And it wasn't the "wet field" that caused Foote's malaise on the Harrison gainer. It was shitty technique, in which Foote was as UPRIGHT as a giraffe. EVen on a bone dry field, Foote loses on this play due to poor technique.

Keep opening your mouth......every time you do, the ignorance flows through like a raging rapid.

Practice Squad

Postby The Truth » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:13 pm

"Thanks for helping prove my point, False. 9 YPC to 1 of the slowest starting RBs in all of the NFL. 23 yards in the 4th qtr. in a very tight game.

And it wasn't the "wet field" that caused Foote's malaise on the Harrison gainer. It was shitty technique, in which Foote was as UPRIGHT as a giraffe. EVen on a bone dry field, Foote loses on this play due to poor technique.

Keep opening your mouth......every time you do, the ignorance flows through like a raging rapid."

Your welcome. Im not saying that Foote is all-world. Timmons is phasing his way into the lineup. The sooner the better. Farrior had nothing to do with the big gainer by Harrison.

My point is, which you keep ignoring while you sling insults, is LET THEM PASS TO THE RBs. Our DBs and LBs will come up and lay their asses out. Id rather have them dink-and-dunk and choke in the red zone, than allow big plays like the ones they were making vs the CBoys.

And another point you keep ignoring, we will be in the Nickel ALOT vs the Eagles. Cant you agree to that?

And, in that package, we will see Timmons, Farrior, Harrison&Wood (as a DEs), Polo, Clark, ASmith, BMac and Co. swarming the ball. THey have shown that swarming D already.

Its about points. Not yards and receptions. That is the philosophy behind the D. No big plays.

Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:26 pm

"LET THEM PASS TO THE RBs. Our DBs and LBs will come up and lay their asses out."

Like they did versus Jax in the playoffs 9 months ago, when J. Drew scored on a LOOONG catch and run ??

Or like last week, when Jamaal Lewis juke and danced his way around flailing whiffs ? Or Jerome Harrison's play, which was Cleveland's LONGEST play from scrimmage?

The point of the article was that you have 2 slow ILBs who are in a gross mismatch, coverage wise, against a very capable trio of Philly backs. Thanks, again, for helping to prove my point.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:40 pm

ohioStiller wrote:Polamalu will be the key to neutralizing Westbrook in this weekends game.

:suplusone:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:29 pm

Nel wrote:Peter King does not like the Stillers this week:

Pittsburgh Steelers (2-0) at Philadelphia Eagles (1-1)

Love this game. How can you not? After watching the Eagles Monday night, you get the impression that Donovan McNabb's as healthy and energetic and as full of B-12 as he's ever been, so I don't worry about a couple of hard hits from LaMarr Woodley. I think McNabb takes a few shots and comes back strong.

Prediction: Philadelphia Eagles 30, Pittsburgh Steelers 21

http://fannation.com/peter_king_challenge/peter_king

PETER King?!? :roll:

You gotta be fucking kidding.

Aside: I've never heard of anyone with a more appropriate first name than this PETER...

Well, other than Willie, Dick, Woody, Wang...
Wha make you tink I won cutchu, mang?!?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:12 pm

StillMill wrote:
The Truth wrote:So, the Eagles are gonna pass the ball to Westbrook? Really?

Here are some facts...
Philly will pass about twice as much as they run.
They are not a power running team.
They will dink and dunk all over the field.
They will struggle in the redzone.
There is NO LB in the LEAGUE that can cover Westbrook. So, when Mill bitches about Farrior, he will sound like a genius.
S Andrews is probably out. So, the middle of the line will be more soft.

The Steelers will...
Employ a lot of nickle, and similar to playing the Colts, play the pass.
Its not about who starts, so before you try to set yourself up to bitch, LT will play more snaps than Foote.

I hope, yes HOPE, Philly throws the ball to Westbrook all game. I hope the guy gets 20 catches. All that means in they are not throwing downfield, and our swarming, FAST, hard-hitting D will take its toll on the pass-happy, pussy-football Eagles as they kick FGs all day. We have a much better back 7 then the Cowboys.

The real mismatch is the Eagles D trying to stop our O. They are not deep at S/DBs, so we can spread them out, or power run 3TE. They wont stop us. The Stiller O will roll. Thats the mismatch.

READ my article, fuktard. It's not ONLY Westbrook....it's Buck and Zo as well. Any and all can catch the ball and move well on the RAC. It IS about who fuking starting and who gets the vast majority of PT. So far, it has been Foote. As my article very clearly stated (I know yer not too bright, so let me help), the simply SOLUTION is to get Timmons onto the fucking field. If that happens, great. If not, this particular matchup of Philly's RBs in the passing game will be uglier than that hag that we saw you with a few years ago. :D

Mill...
"...who fuking starting...", "...the simply SOLUTION...",

The tripe in this response sounds like you're fucking drunk...

and, according to the timestamp, it was 9:04 a.m.

Shameful...... :P

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:14 pm

At least Peter King gets a paycheck for writing about football. :suplusone:

We do it for free.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:43 pm

Nel wrote:At least Peter King gets a paycheck for writing about football...

...not from me, nor from most clear thinking, reasoning fans of the game, he doesn't...

how he DOES get it, though, is still beyond comprehension

As any Steeler fan that's read some of the garbage from this PETER will tell you, he's always giving the Steelers the short end, and is almost never right regarding this team.

It's almost like it's something personal - the pathetic part is that he's so often wrong and keeps forfeiting credibility.

Not the best approach by an "impartial sports writer"...

Practice Squad

Postby blount hit » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:27 am

Still can't read, eh, False?? It's NOT JUST WESTBROOK. Hell, they'll probably use him as a decoy half the time. Both Zo and Buck are quite capable.....and they're BOTH better out of the backfield than Harrison and Lewis were last week, and we all saw the fits those 2 stiffs caused this defense.[/quote]

There's no question Westbrook gets his yards through the air, but these other two? C'mon, stop being so dramatic.

Buckhalter Receiving last year - 87yds (0 TDs)
Buckhalter & Booker rush/receiving through 2 games - 37yds (0 TDs)

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:02 am

You guys are funny...... Foote is not as bad as you all say Lamr and Timmons will get plenty of time to play but as soon as 1 of them get burnt I cant wait to hear the what was he in on that play for anyway, or what ever excuses.. If Ben survives th frst half we might have a good game.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Guinness » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:56 am

The Truth wrote:The fits were, supposedly, JLewis catching 3 passes for 28 yards, and JHarrison catching 1 big gainer where he ran all over a slippery field.

Foote on this play, Harrison catch, overpursued, and slipped (Woodley slipped as well). Farrior was back in coverage when the pass was made, he came up from the right side of the D and was blocked along with James Harrison by a couple of pulling lineman.

Exactly. I will take that defensive productivity every week.

Bottom line is Millie is going to focus solely on plays that proves his points while ignoring those plays that contradict it. In the course of a game there will always be receptions against and over pursuits - the guys on the other team are actually professional athletes as well. I don't think that anybody disagrees with Millie that Lawrence Timmons is a tremendous athlete and is developing into a big-play linebacker.

I'm comfortable that the Steelers coaches have watched enough of Lawrence Timmons, Larry Foote, and James Farrior to make the correct assessment of how best to use them at this point in the season. What we can't see (even the omniscient Millie) is how well Timmons understands his assignments and the assignments of his teammates in every defensive lineup. Let's recall how excited we were very recently to see Anthony Smith become the full time starter because of the flashes of brilliance we saw from him during our limited exposure to him. It was quite ugly to see how green he was when he was forced to play full time. I know Millie wants to see Timmons as the everydown linebacker now (we all would too IF he is ready) but maybe...just maybe the coaches know a bit more than Millie about Timmon's understanding and his readiness at this point to be the every down linebacker.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:51 am

larry is a fucking gay ass nickname for timmons so stop using it asap

Previous

Return to Stillers Talk