Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » New Article: Stillers @ Iggles -- The Key Mismatch

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

New Article: Stillers @ Iggles -- The Key Mismatch

Postby StillMill » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:55 pm

http://www.stillers.com/articles/2286.aspx has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Practice Squad

Re: New Article: Stillers @ Iggles -- The Key Mismatch

Postby SteelTreal » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:10 pm

Is Larry short for Lawrence?

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:26 pm

Peter King does not like the Stillers this week:

Pittsburgh Steelers (2-0) at Philadelphia Eagles (1-1)

Love this game. How can you not? After watching the Eagles Monday night, you get the impression that Donovan McNabb's as healthy and energetic and as full of B-12 as he's ever been, so I don't worry about a couple of hard hits from LaMarr Woodley. I think McNabb takes a few shots and comes back strong.

Prediction: Philadelphia Eagles 30, Pittsburgh Steelers 21

http://fannation.com/peter_king_challenge/peter_king

Practice Squad

Postby blaise » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:34 am

you guys are 100% absolutely correct: now u understand what a completely healthy polamalu means to this defense!!!! when he's not healthy or 100% everyone else's shortcomings are revealed----- he is that good and allows Lebeau freedom and to take risks!!!!!

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Guinness » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:02 am

Who cares how many receptions Westbrook gets? It's about keeping the Eagles out of the end zone. If he gets 6 receptions for 50 yards does anyone really care? Westbrook creates a mismatch against every team in the NFL not just the Steelers. Don't think for a minute that "Larry" Timmons is going to cover him like a blanket either. Did you see Larry get beat in the preseason by a speedy Viking Tightend?

The Steeler coaches fully understand that Timmons has more speed than Foote and I'd be surprised if he doesn't get a substantial amount of playing time this week as we will see little of the Steeler base defense against the pass happy Eagles. The challenge will be can the Steelers stop the run while employing their nickel defense. To do this Larry will need to read and react quickly before a blocker gets on him.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Homer J » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:52 am

When he was talking about the linebacker "Larry," I thought he was talking about Larry Taylor, who used to play for the Giants. I think he wore number 56.

Or maybe it was Larry Fine, who played for Whatsamatta U, along with his two buddies, Curly Howard and Moe Howard. :dunce:

It's all so confusing.

Practice Squad

Postby The Truth » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:42 am

So, the Eagles are gonna pass the ball to Westbrook? Really?

Here are some facts...
Philly will pass about twice as much as they run.
They are not a power running team.
They will dink and dunk all over the field.
They will struggle in the redzone.
There is NO LB in the LEAGUE that can cover Westbrook. So, when Mill bitches about Farrior, he will sound like a genius.
S Andrews is probably out. So, the middle of the line will be more soft.

The Steelers will...
Employ a lot of nickle, and similar to playing the Colts, play the pass.
Its not about who starts, so before you try to set yourself up to bitch, LT will play more snaps than Foote.

I hope, yes HOPE, Philly throws the ball to Westbrook all game. I hope the guy gets 20 catches. All that means in they are not throwing downfield, and our swarming, FAST, hard-hitting D will take its toll on the pass-happy, pussy-football Eagles as they kick FGs all day. We have a much better back 7 then the Cowboys.

The real mismatch is the Eagles D trying to stop our O. They are not deep at S/DBs, so we can spread them out, or power run 3TE. They wont stop us. The Stiller O will roll. Thats the mismatch.

Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:04 am

The Truth wrote:So, the Eagles are gonna pass the ball to Westbrook? Really?

Here are some facts...
Philly will pass about twice as much as they run.
They are not a power running team.
They will dink and dunk all over the field.
They will struggle in the redzone.
There is NO LB in the LEAGUE that can cover Westbrook. So, when Mill bitches about Farrior, he will sound like a genius.
S Andrews is probably out. So, the middle of the line will be more soft.

The Steelers will...
Employ a lot of nickle, and similar to playing the Colts, play the pass.
Its not about who starts, so before you try to set yourself up to bitch, LT will play more snaps than Foote.

I hope, yes HOPE, Philly throws the ball to Westbrook all game. I hope the guy gets 20 catches. All that means in they are not throwing downfield, and our swarming, FAST, hard-hitting D will take its toll on the pass-happy, pussy-football Eagles as they kick FGs all day. We have a much better back 7 then the Cowboys.

The real mismatch is the Eagles D trying to stop our O. They are not deep at S/DBs, so we can spread them out, or power run 3TE. They wont stop us. The Stiller O will roll. Thats the mismatch.

READ my article, fuktard. It's not ONLY Westbrook....it's Buck and Zo as well. Any and all can catch the ball and move well on the RAC. It IS about who fuking starting and who gets the vast majority of PT. So far, it has been Foote. As my article very clearly stated (I know yer not too bright, so let me help), the simply SOLUTION is to get Timmons onto the fucking field. If that happens, great. If not, this particular matchup of Philly's RBs in the passing game will be uglier than that hag that we saw you with a few years ago. :D

Practice Squad

Postby The Truth » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:27 am

"It IS about who fuking starting and who gets the vast majority of PT. So far, it has been Foote"

You are contradicting yourself here (wow, surprise).

So, if we play to Phillys O, which passes 2 times for every 1 run. Its pretty simple (if you can think) to assume we will emply more Nickel D than Base D.

Newsflash. Timmons is the LB that play on the FIRST STRING nickel package.

So, 1+1=2, meaning more Nickel, more playing time for your loveboy LT.

Also, let them throw it to Booker (who sucks ass, and scares nobody - we'll knock his ass out of the game again like we did in Miami) or Buck (who is a slow juiced up RB). Id rather see them throw it to those stiffs than downfield to actual weapons in Curtis and Jackson.

Didnt mean to confuse your rants.

Practice Squad

Postby dan1412000 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:35 am

I think I missed that part of my debate class where you proved your point by calling you opponent a "fucktard".

LT will inevitably be in the game with the nickle defense. Hopefully he can cover Westbrook or bring him down after a short gain or the Steelers may have to try to win a shoot out.

Side note, how great it is to hear the O-line getting pissed about cheap shots on Ben! I wouldn't want to be staring down Kemo and Colon in a fight.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby BigE » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:49 am

I couldn't agree more. If there was a yearly award for whiffing and flailing around like oafs, our 2 ILB's would be All-Pros every year. When Farrior flipped off the Cleveland faithful, that was as fast as i've seen him move in about 4 years, and Footsy gave his usual half-assed, meek effort, praying to the gods of defensive lines that Lewis would not get past the line of scrimmage so that he would not have to make a play. However, i do not think that giving up 38 yards on 19 carries to Lewis, and allowing 1 decent play by James Harrision qualifiies as struggling. I believe this is a game where they will have to rely more on Benjamin, look for a big day by the Big Shoulder.

Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:52 am

dan1412000 wrote:I think I missed that part of my debate class where you proved your point by calling you opponent a "fucktard".

LT will inevitably be in the game with the nickle defense. Hopefully he can cover Westbrook or bring him down after a short gain or the Steelers may have to try to win a shoot out.

Side note, how great it is to hear the O-line getting pissed about cheap shots on Ben! I wouldn't want to be staring down Kemo and Colon in a fight.

You 2 buffoons (dan1412 and The False) keep talking about the NICKEL defense.

Newsflash -- Fat Any Reid is ALLOWED to pass the ball to his backs on ANY play, particularly when we're in our BASE defense. And, if that slow piece of shit Foote is on the field, this is mismatch city. 'Nuf said.

Practice Squad

Postby ohioStiller » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:13 pm

Everyone wants to see more of Timmons, however Polamalu will be the key to neutralizing Westbrook in this weekends game. The Steelers are not going to expect Timmons, who is essentially a rookie, to shoulder the entire burden of stopping Westbrook whether he plays every down or not, nor should they.

Practice Squad

Postby The Truth » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:13 pm

You 2 buffoons (dan1412 and The False) keep talking about the NICKEL defense.

Newsflash -- Fat Any Reid is ALLOWED to pass the ball to his backs on ANY play, particularly when we're in our BASE defense. And, if that slow piece of shit Foote is on the field, this is mismatch city. 'Nuf said.

Its a mismatch for ANY LB you dumbass.

The Steelers will be in the Nickel most of the game. So, yea, do you really think they dont know about Westbrook, McNabb, and the dumpoff?

Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:44 pm

The Truth wrote:You 2 buffoons (dan1412 and The False) keep talking about the NICKEL defense.

Its a mismatch for ANY LB you dumbass.

The Steelers will be in the Nickel most of the game. So, yea, do you really think they dont know about Westbrook, McNabb, and the dumpoff?

Still can't read, eh, False?? It's NOT JUST WESTBROOK. Hell, they'll probably use him as a decoy half the time. Both Zo and Buck are quite capable.....and they're BOTH better out of the backfield than Harrison and Lewis were last week, and we all saw the fits those 2 stiffs caused this defense.

Practice Squad

Postby The Truth » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:32 pm

Hey Mill, are you sure your arent the one that cant read?

Look up about 4 posts and you'll see that I posted....

"Also, let them throw it to Booker (who sucks ass, and scares nobody - we'll knock his ass out of the game again like we did in Miami) or Buck (who is a slow juiced up RB). Id rather see them throw it to those stiffs than downfield to actual weapons in Curtis and Jackson."

Those other 2 RBs arent much of a mismatch.

Let them throw to the RBs all day. They will move the ball 'betewen the 20's', and get alot of FGs.

Try and keep up.

Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:06 pm

The Truth wrote:Hey Mill, are you sure your arent the one that cant read?

Look up about 4 posts and you'll see that I posted....

"Also, let them throw it to Booker (who sucks ass, and scares nobody - we'll knock his ass out of the game again like we did in Miami) or Buck (who is a slow juiced up RB). Id rather see them throw it to those stiffs than downfield to actual weapons in Curtis and Jackson."

Those other 2 RBs arent much of a mismatch.

Let them throw to the RBs all day. They will move the ball 'betewen the 20's', and get alot of FGs.

Try and keep up.

As I've already stated, "The flaw was, however, hideously exposed last week in Clev, where aging, creaking Jamaal Lewis gave the defense fits out of the backfield, as did backup Jerome Harrison, who ignited the long 4th quarter march with a 23-yard gainer off a dump in the flats. Struggling last week against the likes of Lewis and Harrison was bad; getting abused by West and Co. could be gory and repulsive."

You're too much of a fuking idiot to understand this, but West is NOT THE ONLY THREAT. After FLAILING at the feet of rickety Jamaal Lewis and Jerome Fuking Harrison, Foote and Farrior will have ample angst trying to contain Buck and Zo out of the backfield. But again, you're too much of a fuking idiot to understand this.

Practice Squad

Postby derfsandmuskie » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:37 pm

Didn't the high powered Browns offense gain 206 last week? What were the fits?
Derfsandmuskie=aboyandhisdog

Practice Squad

Postby The Truth » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:50 pm

The fits were, supposedly, JLewis catching 3 passes for 28 yards, and JHarrison catching 1 big gainer where he ran all over a slippery field.

Foote on this play, Harrison catch, overpursued, and slipped (Woodley slipped as well). Farrior was back in coverage when the pass was made, he came up from the right side of the D and was blocked along with James Harrison by a couple of pulling lineman.

Practice Squad

Postby derfsandmuskie » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:55 pm

That does not sound like fits. The Browns scored six measly points. I would be more worried about the Steelers offense scoring only ten. That gave me fits despite the weather!
Derfsandmuskie=aboyandhisdog

Next

Return to Stillers Talk