Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Early look at Stillers vs. Iggles

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Early look at Stillers vs. Iggles

Postby BigE » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:17 pm

Week 3 is upon us Stiller fans, and the Stillers will be taking their show up the Penn Turnpike for a key "statement" game against the interstate Iggles. Regardless of what the boneheaded Pitt media says, this is NOT a rivalry. This is a huge early season matchup that could have playoff implications for the Stillers. It will be the Stillers toughest game to date, but also a winnable game. A win in this game could very well send the Stillers into their bye week at 5-0, with a Monday night home game against the Birdies of Baltimore and then a Sunday night slugfest with a team that has been a thorn in our side, the Jackinville Faguars (this game doesn't look as tough right now as it did before the season started). I don't want to look ahead to early, but a win against the Iggles, and the Stillers could very well be on their way to securing a first round bye.

When the Stillers have the ball: Jimmy's Johnson will send the house at Ben all day long with an array of weird ass blitz packages and formations. I put the responsiblity for this on Benjamin. The offensive line has been a pleasant surprise for all of us so far, and i accredited 4 out of the 5 sacks to Ben "i like to pump fake and then just pull the ball down" Roth. Don't get me wrong, Ben "the shoulder" Roethlisberger is an elite qb, but all to often last year he was as slow as shit out of the gate and never really got into any kind of rythm until it was too late. In this game, he needs to read the defenses well and know where his hot reads are and get rid of the damn ball. "Swift" William Parker will have to earn his yards the hard way against a stout Iggles front who like to stop the run. Lord knows that is the only way Willie will get any yards, because it's obvious to me that "Airhead" Arians doesn't believe in getting the ball into the hands of his most explosive offensive player in open field. Hey Ed Douchette, can you explain why FWP is not involved in the passing game? Ed: Well, I don't think the coaching staff thinks that he is comfortable enough yet with the offense, and once he settles down they will probably throw him a few passes every now and again. Thanks for nothing Ed, you pile of asskissing dung. Lastly, if the Stillers are to be a serious Super Bowl threat, they MUST start getting some production from WR's #3 and #4. Which begs the question, is Limas Sweed that unimpressive?

When the Iggles have the ball: Donovan McNutt has started out strong this year and seems to be back to his original form. After week 1 against the St. Louis Yams I thought this was just a fluke, but after watching him against the Cowgirls I am a little concerned. Our secondary will definately be tested this week by a group of young receivers, who although are not big in name, have been doing an extremely nice job, especially the rookie Jackson. It is a MUST to get pressure on Mcnutt, but at the same time containing him. This game will require speed at linebacker. Enter (hopefully) Larry Timmons. This young stud needs to see the field alot on Sunday, and I don't mean running down field and making a tackle after a punt or kickoff. He has the speed to spy McNutt and run down the ever dangerous Westbrook. As I have said before, our 2 ILB's James Frick and Larry Frack are the 2 most overpaid, overrated, whiffers and flailers I have ever seen. They have not contributed at all to the defensive efforts of the Stillers thus far. But I do believe if Timmons is not on the field, then Frick and Frack will contribute for sure this week. They will contribute in giving up about 150 yards receiving to Westbrook (whom their too slow to cover) with dump passes and screen passes, so Lebeau "the dick" needs to game plan for this playmaking running back by using Timmons explosiveness alot more. And speaking of "the dick", he needs to come up with something for his ILB's besides having them run towards the line, criss-cross each other and then slam head on into the blockers, meanwhile getting no pressure on the quarterback whatsoever. I'm sick and tired of seeing this blitz scheme.

Summary: Although it might not seem like it, to me, there is alot riding on this game. With Balt. and Jack. coming up, 3-0 would look awfully good, and a win on the road against the Iggles would solidfy the Stillers as a Super Bowl contender and a team to be reckoned with. I'm willing to give Tomlin the benefit of the doubt from last year, and I believe that he learned his lesson. He will have the team ready to play and fired up.

Steelers 27 Iggles 23

Practice Squad

Re: Early look at Stillers vs. Iggles

Postby BeavisFour » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:54 pm

The last 2, and so far the only 2 posts, from BigE are eerily similar to Mill sans the correct grammar and punctuation. The bashing of Bouchette, the hated for Foote and Farrior, the love affair for Timmons, the all too clever nicknames for everyone.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Homer J » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:57 pm

The last 2, and so far the only 2 posts, from BigE are eerily similar to Mill sans the correct grammar and punctuation. The bashing of Bouchette, the hated for Foote and Farrior, the love affair for Timmons, the all too clever nicknames for everyone.

Bingo. Either that, or Timmons has found two people on this board -- one to wash each testicle. :shock: :yes: :lol: :oops:

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Guinness » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:21 am

BeavisFour wrote:The last 2, and so far the only 2 posts, from BigE are eerily similar to Mill sans the correct grammar and punctuation. The bashing of Bouchette, the hated for Foote and Farrior, the love affair for Timmons, the all too clever nicknames for everyone.

Amen. Either BigE is an alias for StillMill or the BigE hasn't an original thought in his head.

Playing at the Linc against the Eagles will be a tough test for the defense. They will give up yardage and first downs - limiting drives to field goals not TD's is critical. I look for the Steelers offense to utilize the no huddle and move the ball - conversely they need to convert these drives into TD's not just field goals. Looking for a wild one that won't be decided until the final whistle.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:27 pm

It's unlikely the Steelers will win this game. Not at Philly, not after Philly just suffered a loss, not with a healthy and motivated McNabb and Westbrook.

I watched a replay of the Dallas-Philly game last night. And the Eagles just look very good. Had they not fumbled inside the Dallas 30, they would have won the game, handily.

Pgh will lose this one. But it won't be all that damaging, considering its an out-of-conference game and it's an away game vs. a good team. You are going to lose most of those. So be it.

The most important thing about this game is to get out of it without Ben or FWP getting hurt. Other than that, It's a loss vs. a good NFC team on the road. All they have to do is win most home games (at least 6) and HALF of the away games, bottom line (already won 1 away game). @ Cinci, @ Balt., @TN, @Skins are all winnable away games. That still has them winning the div. at 10-6. And in all likelihood will still win div. with one more loss (possibly TN or Skins game).

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Guinness » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:04 pm

lloydrules wrote:It's unlikely the Steelers will win this game. Not at Philly, not after Philly just suffered a loss, not with a healthy and motivated McNabb and Westbrook.

I watched a replay of the Dallas-Philly game last night. And the Eagles just look very good. Had they not fumbled inside the Dallas 30, they would have won the game, handily.

Pgh will lose this one. But it won't be all that damaging, considering its an out-of-conference game and it's an away game vs. a good team. You are going to lose most of those. So be it.

The most important thing about this game is to get out of it without Ben or FWP getting hurt. Other than that, It's a loss vs. a good NFC team on the road. All they have to do is win most home games (at least 6) and HALF of the away games, bottom line (already won 1 away game). @ Cinci, @ Balt., @TN, @Skins are all winnable away games. That still has them winning the div. at 10-6. And in all likelihood will still win div. with one more loss (possibly TN or Skins game).

Maybe they should rest Ben and FWP and just mail it in. Come on...let's not be too pessimistic here. I agree that Philadelphia is a good team, haven't checked but probably are favored, and it isn't the end of the world if the Steelers lose but you make it sound like it isn't worth tuning in to this game. I would not bet against the Steelers this week. I worry more when the Steelers play piece of shit teams on the road (Arizona, NY Jets come to mind) than a good team.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby lynchcowher » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:51 pm

We're gonna run all over these worthless motherfuckers. Then, we're gonna hit a couple big plays in the air.

McChoke should be good for a couple INT's against our D as well..... I see a 38-17 game.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:46 pm

well i for one find the BIG E hilarious.....

our 2 ILB's James Frick and Larry Frack are the 2 most overpaid, overrated, whiffers and flailers I have ever seen.

funny stuff

keep it up BIG Mill ....er ...E....

:cheers: :lol: :subngtowl:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:17 pm

Guinness wrote:
lloydrules wrote:It's unlikely the Steelers will win this game. Not at Philly, not after Philly just suffered a loss, not with a healthy and motivated McNabb and Westbrook.

Maybe they should rest Ben and FWP and just mail it in. Come on...let's not be too pessimistic here. I agree that Philadelphia is a good team, haven't checked but probably are favored, and it isn't the end of the world if the Steelers lose but you make it sound like it isn't worth tuning in to this game. I would not bet against the Steelers this week. I worry more when the Steelers play piece of shit teams on the road (Arizona, NY Jets come to mind) than a good team.

Don't think, for 1 second, that I won't be screaming in front of the TV for Pgh to win. And I know they have a shot, but I am pretty good at predicting Pgh in likely wins and losses. I don't like this match up or timing of it. Who is going to be covering Westbrook all over the place? He is very similar to Faulk in his prime, on the Rams - i.e. nearly unstoppable. Who is going to stay with Jackson? Philly also has a front 4 and LBs and Dawkins to contain our rush.

Hope I'm wrong. But this isn't last year's Iggles.

Practice Squad

Postby SteelTreal » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:24 pm

again with this '"Larry" Timmons'

Practice Squad

Postby SteelTreal » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:28 pm

lets just call him "Nueve Quattro"

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:36 am

Willie isn't used more in the passing game because his hands aren't that good. I love the guy, but he just can't catch that reliably.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:00 am

mewelde moore.

period end of sentence.

he is every bit AS GOOD as westbrook in the passing game.

westbrook is better as he does everything great but they only have westbrook.

we have russell parker mendenhall moore davis

beagles can kiss my ass they are goin down like hairy clowns!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:30 am

I say screw that sh!t that da beagles are gonna win this one as they are a good team. For one, they get :x flustered when they get into tough situations, and they deal with :sufu: Dallassss two times a year so they know each other well and their tendencies, thus that should have been a tight game.

Just like Da Stillers and Clowns game last Sunday night. That game should've long been out of hand by halftime with Da Stiller's leading 42 to 3, but those 2 teams know each other well and their tendencies, this would account for the low score. Philly may not like us much, but I know that they do respect us and won't walk in their like it's a walk in the park. They know that their gonna get bitch slapped win or lose either way. J.M.H.O.
CRUCIBLE STEEL AND SPECIALTY ALLOYS DIVISION. COLT INDUSTRIES. VESUVIUS RESEARCH MIDLAND PENNSYLVANIA.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:36 am

Hi5Steeler wrote:mewelde moore.

period end of sentence.

You always claim Pgh is going to win vs. basically every team. No credentials.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:33 pm

lloydrules wrote:

period end of sentence.

You say that like it's a BAD thing!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:27 pm

For all the Debbie Downers who are saying that the Steelers are going to lose because the Iggles are a "good team," I say :sufu: . The Steelers are a damn good team, too!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:05 am

period end of sentence.

This is a Homer statement if I ever heard one. How can yousay a rookie with 0 ZERO NADA NFL receptions is every bit as good as a NFL RB who has years of experience burning NFL Defenses
You ar the biggest homer here no matter who we play they do not match up we will destroy them the optimism is fine but please sit down and grab a reality check. We may win but it wont be a walk in the park like the lat 2 weeks

Seasoned Veteran

Postby logjammin » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:05 am

BigE wrote:I don't want to look ahead to early, but a win against the Iggles, and the Stillers could very well be on their way to securing a first round bye.

You're looking ahead way too early.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:28 am

GodfatherofSoul wrote:
lloydrules wrote:

period end of sentence.

You say that like it's a BAD thing!

It's not a bad thing, it's a dumb thing. There is no special reward for being so dumb to think they are going to win every game and be the best team in the league every year. You don't get a special reward for being that dense. There is a difference between cheering for PS every game and hoping they win, than it is to believe and claim they will win every game. Being brainless is not a preferable trait.

Return to Stillers Talk