Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » New Article: Stiller Outlook After 2 Weeks...

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

New Article: Stiller Outlook After 2 Weeks...

Postby trenches » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:48 pm

http://www.stillers.com/articles/2283.aspx has been posted by Still Curtain at Stillers.com.

Practice Squad

Re: New Article: Stiller Outlook After 2 Weeks...

Postby stuck in seventies » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:45 pm

Stiller outlook after two weeks...you paint a very bright picture. In your introduction you mentioned not just giving the party line about the Stillers and speaking your mind. I agree with a lot of what you had to say, and like the way you said it. I feel your predictions were a little limited in their scope. A lot can happen and it is important to peek at the right time. It is also important to take care of business a week at a time...

I think going past the Eagles is pointless. We do not know how health will hold up for the players. Football is a rough game.

I do not always agree with Still Mill's way of saying things, but his insight is usually fairly sound, and i agree with some of his player and coaching concerns. The Eagles could really haunt us if the coaches do not really focus on the weaknesses we have seen the first two weeks.

I agree with you that Timmons must get in more, also the loss of Keisel will hurt, he is not a monster in there, but has a good attitude and plays solid. I am not sold on their backups at this position yet...the end of last year was a disaster. Hopefully Townshend will be back soon. We do not have a lot of depth there either. I am not sure Lebeau has really gotten fired up yet. The Eagles will be a test for him.

Arians does not put together solid game plans yet, but is blessed with good players and the potential is definitely there.

I do not think I could break down some of the team elements as well as you did in your article. I hope you write some more posts about the Stillers in the future. Your vision was what all of us in the Stiller Nation would hope for too (STILLERs in The SuperBowl), but some of your game predictions were a little too optimistic and simple. We have seen the Stillers really blow some winnable games in the past and I hope the coaches keep the players focused on every single aspect of their games. It can be difficult to do that and I do not think telling them they should be a 12-4 team at this point will help them stay on top of it. Make them work for it. A game at a time. A game at a time. A game at a time.

Please Write more and keep em honest...what about the horrible return team mistakes...philly will kill us if we do that...1st round draft picks need to be in their some...and Ben is a monster...he needs to stay healthy...and the line and all offensive blockers need to work on that...as well as Still Mill's mention of his release...he cannot take shots repeatedly.

The Principal at the school I teach at is an Eagles Fan...i really hope we stomp them...he likes to say 'not only are the steelers not the best team in football, they are not the best team in pennsylvania.' I really hope they are prepared and solid and utilize all the potential they have in stomping the eagles.

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:00 pm

trenches wrote:http://www.stillers.com/articles/2283.aspx has been posted by Still Curtain at Stillers.com.

It's nice to Still Curtain, a writer with some inside scoop, working for us.

:celebrate:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:54 pm

if we beat the beagles we will be five and O rather quickly and in command of the entire AFC

Return to Stillers Talk