Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » First Year Players

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

First Year Players

Postby Hoppy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:49 pm

Most teams are getting getting great contributions, last night's Dallas kick returns and the Eagles flanker had over 100 yards in each of his first two games. Mendehall needs to get his baptism of fire. Dallas pick around him to get Jones.

What are we waiting for , if we had the confidence to draft him. This will be Arians BIG test.

Someone with more knowledge needs to pick the top 10 rookies, week by week. The Steeler's are not on it.

Seasoned Veteran

Re: First Year Players

Postby Homer J » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:29 pm

Calm down just a bit, buckaroo.

Tomlin is dealing the a rookie with a possible case of fumble-itis. He didn't want to chance putting him in during Sunday night's Hurricane and Swampfest. Parker handled it well, and didn't fumble.

Rocket Rashard looked lost fielding punts in that maelstrom. I don't blame him one bit, because the weather was so extreme.

But I credit Tomlin for not putting him into a situation where he might possibly fail and cost his team a game.

It's a long season, and you'll see plenty of Mendenhall. It's just Sunday night was no time to take big chances.

By the way, I can't wait to see him either. I just want to make sure the Coach picks the right spot and he succeeds. :sucope: :sucope: :sucope:

Return to Stillers Talk