Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Steelers will have to put up some points this week

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Greenhorned Rookie

Steelers will have to put up some points this week

Postby stillDrink » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:30 am

The eagles have scored 38 and 37 points over the past two weeks. I have more faith in our D over the rams and cowboys, but this weekend will probably be a high scoring affair. I'm think a final of 34-24, and I don't know which side we'll be on.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Steelers will have to put up some points this week

Postby darthsteel » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:05 am

The cowboys do not have a great defense. They have some talented players ,but they have never been known as a great unit over the last decade.

The eagles are playing with backup receivers and the game last night had some odd scoring going with alot of turnovers ect.... I dont exspect the eagles to scoremore then 17 offensive points unles turnivers are involved!

To me they played possibly the worse defense in the leage and a middle of the pack defense,

Besides the pats there is really no team in the leage that has been able to put up alot of points on the stillers defense over the last 4-5 yrs when healthy.

Practice Squad

Postby BeavisFour » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:54 am

I'm not sure if the Boys stopped going to TO or if he was shut down midway through the 2nd quarter or maybe a little of both. But after seeing what TO did to the Eagles, Holmes should have, as big a day, if not a bigger day than TO had.

Eagles run D was pretty stout pretty much all game, Barber got involved with screen passes which in turn opened up the run a bit.

Think going underneath to Miller and Willie/Mendenhall would be the best option at beating the Eagles, with the occassional deep ball to Holmes.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:09 pm

After 2 touchdowns, Jim Johnson decided to double cover T.O..

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:50 pm

darthsteel wrote:The cowboys do not have a great defense. They have some talented players ,but they have never been known as a great unit over the last decade.

The eagles are playing with backup receivers and the game last night had some odd scoring going with alot of turnovers ect.... I dont exspect the eagles to scoremore then 17 offensive points unles turnivers are involved!

To me they played possibly the worse defense in the leage and a middle of the pack defense,

Besides the pats there is really no team in the leage that has been able to put up alot of points on the stillers defense over the last 4-5 yrs when healthy.

You are going to find out that your are wrong on a few things:

1. Dallas has a good defense. They have a very good front 7 and tons of talent in the backfield. Are they "great?" No. are they very good? Yes.

2. Philly __WILL__ put some points up on our D. A healthy McNabb and Westbrook - plus add in Jackson et el - and you have a scoring machine. They will put up points in the 20s, at least.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:08 pm

You are going to find out that your are wrong on a few things:

1. Dallas has a good defense. They have a very good front 7 and tons of talent in the backfield. Are they "great?" No. are they very good? Yes.

2. Philly __WILL__ put some points up on our D. A healthy McNabb and Westbrook - plus add in Jackson et el - and you have a scoring machine. They will put up points in the 20s, at least.

I could not disagree more!

cowboys d is avg at best,
starting a rookie at one corner , jones is small and just a int type guy who gets beat alot, roy williams cant cover at all, zack thomas is a plugin at best, and you saying thier very good after giving up 31 points to a team playing two backup recievers has no legs at all to stand on.
throw in the fact that defense got shredded by the giants in the playoffs last yr, I see nothing at all on the field that tells me they are a good defense !
Last edited by darthsteel on Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Practice Squad

Postby BeavisFour » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:21 pm

Gotta agree with Darth again. Demarcus Ware is the only real stud on that Dallas D.

Return to Stillers Talk