Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Keisel out 2 Months

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Keisel out 2 Months

Postby fabber » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:21 pm

Who stepped it up in his place on Sunday Night. I was hammered and couldn't see :sufootballhelmet:

Monday, September 15, 2008
By Ed Bouchette and Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers will lose starting defensive end Brett Keisel for up to two months with a calf injury and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will continue to have a sore right shoulder for a while.

Keisel left in the first quarter of Sunday night's game in Cleveland with a right calf injury. Yesterday, he wore a protective boot from his knee to his foot. The injury is similar to one suffered by Dan Kreider in 2001 that kept the former Steelers' fullback from playing for more than two months. Keisel is scheduled for further tests on his calf this week.

Kreider was placed on the physically unable to perform list that July 20 with his injury and did not play in a game until Oct. 14.

NBC-TV reported Sunday night that Roethlisberger has a separated shoulder, described merely as "sore" by coach Mike Tomlin last Tuesday. Indeed, the quarterback has a low-grade separation but it did not prevent him from throwing 19 times, including one pass of at least 60 yards and another of 50 in a swirling wind in Cleveland. He completed 14 of his tosses, one for an 11-yard touchdown to Hines Ward, and finished with a 113.0 passer rating.

Roethlisberger's shoulder injury likely will cause him some discomfort for several weeks.

Stillers.com Team

Re: Keisel out 2 Months

Postby Nel » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:46 pm

fabber, I believe it was Nick Eason who filled in for Keisel.

Practice Squad

Postby TheBoss71 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:42 pm

Yes it was Eason. Is anyone a bit worried about Bens shoulder? Don't know how bad it can be if hes throwing 19 times which were bullets.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Nashsteeler » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:26 am

It was Eason, but Roye i'm sure won't be on the inactive list anymore for the next few weeks, as he has been. He'll be put into the rotation.

Practice Squad

Postby BeavisFour » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:56 am

Eason and Roye. Sheesh.... Oh well, just hope they can hold fort. I don't expect too much from either.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:05 pm

I haven't broken down any film, and am relying on the my memory, but it seems to me that Once Keisel went out, browns seemed more able to pass.

Still I can remember Eason chasing Anderson, and had a gernally positive reaction to his play.

Return to Stillers Talk