Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Best thing about beating the Clowns??

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Best thing about beating the Clowns??

Postby dave8105 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:02 am

I just love going to the browns board and watching their fans implode. Lol. Its only 2 games into the season. They played 2 great teams. Now they are firing their coach and ready to hang their QB. I don't post anything there anymore, but I still enjoy the twice a year implosion their fans have.

Stillers.com Team

Re: Best thing about beating the Clowns??

Postby Nel » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:41 am

I think their fans are on target: the head coach and quarterback controversies are alive and well.

Romeo stained the field with his poor clock management and the QB threw two disastrous picks and screwed the pooch near the end of the first half with his time-consuming QB sneak.

Yes, it's fun to see Stain fans implode, but they are not "off the mark" here, that game was winnable for them.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Nashsteeler » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:55 am

Anytime the weather conditions are god awful like that it evens the playing field (see 3-0 over Miami last year). I truly believe that the Steelers are a much better team than the 'stains, but the weather really limited what both teams could do, imo.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:38 pm

Nashsteeler wrote:Anytime the weather conditions are god awful like that it evens the playing field (see 3-0 over Miami last year). I truly believe that the Steelers are a much better team than the 'stains, but the weather really limited what both teams could do, imo.

Very true.... weather is the great equalizer. Lucky for us, the better team prevailed.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:03 pm

Nel wrote:I think their fans are on target: the head coach and quarterback controversies are alive and well.

Romeo stained the field with his poor clock management and the QB threw two disastrous picks and screwed the pooch near the end of the first half with his time-consuming QB sneak.

Yes, it's fun to see Stain fans implode, but they are not "off the mark" here, that game was winnable for them.

I agree the game was very much winnable for the Browns. But in typical Browns fashion, they screwed it up. I knew it was going to happen. It always does. :lol:

Romeo Crennel is a screw-up. I wonder how long it will be before he's fired. He does deserve to be fired, in my opinion. If he was the head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers, I'd be calling for his head.

Practice Squad

Postby dave8105 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:12 pm

Nel wrote:I think their fans are on target: the head coach and quarterback controversies are alive and well.

Ok, but look back 3 weeks to where the Clowns were 0-0, a perfect .500, and their fans were on top of the world about their gunslinger QB and all the tools to make it without a glitch this season. They may not be off the mark, but Anderson didn't play most of the Preseason, and well, Romeo may possibly come around........ maybe
Clowns fans have the emotional stability of a woman during PMS

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Homer J » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:36 am

Actually, the best thing about beating the Browns is you get to do it twice a year, except those years they make the wild card and you meet in the playoffs. In those years, you get to beat them three times in one year! Word.
:surockin: :surockin: :surockin: :surockin: :surockin: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :cheers: :cheers: :sucope: :sucope: :sucope:

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:07 pm

Browns fans had changed there chant from "Pittsburgh Sucks" to "Romeo Sucks" by the end of the game.
Romeo made some bad decisions in that game. Really could have been different if not for some poor coaching calls.

Practice Squad

Postby l33tDad » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:51 pm

The best thing about beating the browns? Uh, it's pretty self-explanatory, beating the browns is the best thing about beating the browns. Anything else is secondary...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ILLSTILL » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:57 am

Doing it on national television. :celebrate:

Return to Stillers Talk