Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Keep a Lookout for Cheap Shots on Ben...

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Keep a Lookout for Cheap Shots on Ben...

Postby No l Gravity l » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:50 am

BROWNS INSIDER
Cleveland Browns linebacker Andra Davis says team must focus on stopping Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger

Saturday, September 13, 2008
Browns linebacker Andra Davis has a plan for how to defend Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.
"This game, we've just got to not worry about fines or late hits or whatever the referee is going to do," said Davis, who's 1-12 against the Steelers. "We've just got to go out and get him down because you know they take care of the quarterbacks in this league. But we've just got to put that behind us. If we get fined, we get fined. We've just got to make sure we get the job done."
Davis made it clear that he was advocating good, legal hits, not harming Roethlisberger, who suffered a shoulder injury last week on a sack by Houston defensive end Mario Williams. Roethlisberger is probable for Sunday.

"Not necessarily go out there to hurt him, but I remember one play a couple of years ago, Nick Eason [now a Steeler] was on our team," Davis said. "He had him, but if you slam him to the ground you get a fine, so he let him go and they kept the play going. [Roethlisberger] made a big play on third down. That's what I'm saying. In a situation like that, you've got to make sure you get him down and worry about whatever's going to happen later."
Eason, concerned about NFL fines during that game in 2006, let Roethlisberger slip out of his grasp to avoid a flag and the quarterback hit receiver Santonio Holmes for a 20-yard touchdown pass en route to a 24-20 Steelers victory.
Linebacker Willie McGinest was docked $7,500 this week for "impermissable use of the helmet" for a hit on Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo last Sunday.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plai...330.xml&coll=2

:suspense: This is just shocking to me. If he said that about Brady or Manning, Goodell would have suspended him no doubt in my mind.

I hope Hines knocks him in a coma from a blindside :yes:

Stillers.com Team

Re: Keep a Lookout for Cheap Shots on Ben...

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:24 am

If it happens, there will be larger fines than normal, but I don't see a suspension unless it is obviously blatant or not during the course of a play.
The NFL isn't going to adopt the "Bush doctrine" of premetive strikes though.

Bottom line is our O-line needs to protect Ben.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Homer J » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:33 pm

[quote][/quote]If it happens, there will be larger fines than normal, but I don't see a suspension unless it is obviously blatant or not during the course of a play.
The NFL isn't going to adopt the "Bush doctrine" of premetive strikes though.[quote]

Good point. But then again, knowing what the "Bush Doctrine" is also puts you one step ahead of our girl and VPILF Sarah Palin! :surockin: :suplusone:

(You get some pretty smart people here at Stillers.com) :subngtowl: :subngtowl: :subngtowl:

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:52 pm

Ben is one late or nasty hit away from missing some games, that's been proven.

And, the Steelers are one quarterback away from possibly losing the division title.

I am sure that every divisional opponent will be trying to knock Ben out of games.

That's football.

It is a bit shocking to read that kind of explicit talking, though. That linebacker has some loose lips, and he just provided some excellent "bulletin-board material" for the Stillers' locker room, IMHO.

Practice Squad

Postby Steelersbaby » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:05 pm

What a stupid dick.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:37 pm

Steelersbaby wrote:What a stupid dick.

Seriously... I hope he gets clowned today...no pun intended.

Practice Squad

Postby Steelersbaby » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:24 pm

It's sad, anytime the Browns get attention, they feel the need to show off and exploit it. As I said, "what a dick"... that's small dick syndrome. FUCK THEM.

Return to Stillers Talk