Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » UPCOMING GAME

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

UPCOMING GAME

Postby steelwest » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:55 pm

Anyone else concerned about the injury bug going into this game? Ben supposedly did not practice on Wednesday and did not throw a pass yesterday. Townsend and Smith both are hurt to some degree. That means our QB, left tackle, and corner are all banged up. We need Smith to be healthy to have any kind of decent offensive line. McFadden has not shown he can really step up to play corner as a starter. Meanwhile, Cleveland should be getting back one or two guys that did not play last week, albeit they lost a starting safety to injury.

I loved the performance last week, but if we have guys hurt that are on the field, we could see one mistake after another. On the positive side, Cleveland did look awful last week. :shock:

Seasoned Veteran

Re: UPCOMING GAME

Postby 4nic8 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:40 pm

I am sure a bunch of Stain fans are worried

The long list of the Browns' walking wounded
by Mary Kay Cabot
Wednesday September 10, 2008, 7:19 PM
INJURED PLAYERS MISSING GAMES IN 2008

WR Joe Jurevicius: Right knee clean-up in January, three subsequent staph infection cleanouts. Placed on PUP and must miss first six weeks of season. Eligible to return Oct. 19 vs. Washington.

CB Daven Holly: Torn ACL May 13 required surgery; on IR for season.

RG Ryan Tucker: Fractured hip on May 14. Spent camp on PUP. Now practicing on limited basis.

WR Kevin Kasper: Hamstring injury, neck injury and concussion in preseason led to his release.

LB Antwan Peek: Arthroscopic knee surgery July 31, out four to six weeks. Suffered torn patella Sept. 3, surgery next day, on IR for season.

LB Beau Bell: Arthroscopic knee surgery Aug. 7, out four to six weeks.

TE Martin Rucker: Arthroscopic knee surgery Aug. 13, out six weeks.

WR Braylon Edwards: Right heel gashed by Donte Stallworth's spike Aug. 9. Missed three preseason games. Back in pads Sept. 1.

WR Josh Cribbs: Suffered high ankle sprain Aug. 18 vs. Giants. Missed two preseason games and opener. Might return Sunday vs. Steelers.

RB Jamal Lewis: Pulled hamstring Aug. 18, missed final two preseason games.

QB Derek Anderson: Concussion Aug. 18, sat out final two preseason games.

FS Brodney Pool: Concussion Aug. 18, missed final two preseason games and opener. Could return for Steelers.

LB Willie McGinest: Groin pull Aug. 18, missed final two preseason games.

SS Sean Jones: Missed final two preseason games with swelling in right knee. Browns announced Wednesday that he'll undergo arthroscopic surgery and miss 3-5 weeks.

G Lennie Friedman: Injured shoulder Aug. 23, placed on IR Aug. 30.

G Rex Hadnot: Knee injury Aug. 28, sat out opener, could return for Steelers.

LB Kris Griffin: Elbow injury Aug. 28, missed opener. Could return for Pittsburgh.

WR Donte Stallworth: Strained quad in warmups before opener; might miss Steelers game.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:43 pm

The Clowns are clearly in worse position so injuries don't worry me. BUT... the Stillers are seeming WAY too confident for my liking. This game is starting to reek to me.... a complacent team is a susceptible team.

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:22 pm

trenches wrote:The Clowns are clearly in worse position so injuries don't worry me. BUT... the Stillers are seeming WAY too confident for my liking. This game is starting to reek to me.... a complacent team is a susceptible team.

I think that Tomlin does not have the psychology game mastered at all.

He's too detached, always wants to "see what we do" or "how we respond." Blah, blah, blah.

Swelled heads, playing on the road, with Tomlin coaching?

Danger!

Practice Squad

Postby angieTE84 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:09 pm

Looking at last weeks game and the Steelers performance I don’t think there is any thing to worry about. They look like their ready for a great season this year.
Steelers have won 15 out of 16 games against the browns and Sunday will be 16 out of 17.
If I am wrong I will eat my words, but I have a lot of faith in my boys and I am proud to be a die hard Steelers fan from birth.
:sufootballhelmet:

Practice Squad

Postby SNW » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:56 pm

4nic8 wrote:FS Brodney Pool: Concussion Aug. 18, missed final two preseason games and opener. Could return for Steelers.

How would you like your first game back to be against H. Ward 86 Pittsburgh Steelers. :shock:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:43 am

angieTE84 wrote:Looking at last weeks game and the Steelers performance I don’t think there is any thing to worry about. They look like their ready for a great season this year.
Steelers have won 15 out of 16 games against the browns and Sunday will be 16 out of 17.
If I am wrong I will eat my words, but I have a lot of faith in my boys and I am proud to be a die hard Steelers fan from birth.
:sufootballhelmet:

Ditto! ^5, sister! :subngtowl:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby steelwest » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:06 pm

Nice post on the Cleveland injuries, although most of those were suffered in training camp and so the Browns should be somewhat healthier this week than during the last few. As to last week's game, the first game of last year was one of our best but that did not tend to carry over much. The Seattle game last year was also great, but we could not beat the Cardinals later. Each game is different. The Houston game for us was one of the few we knew we would win. For the Browns, even the announcers were saying last week that the Browns were looking to this game, not last week's game. I have not heard that before this early in the season. Hopefully, all will work out, but we all have seen those uninspired performances like last year in Denver that seem to just appear. We will not be winning with one of those.

BTW, anyone else worried about having only three proven receivers? Seems to me we need at least one more, unless everyone really believes in Baker. I think next year and beyond Sweed will be good, but he is a slow developer this year.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:17 pm

I'm not concerned about the mentality of the team right now. I'm going to take it as confidence rather than cockiness. Hopefully I won't have to partake in any humble pie regarding that statement.

I can't help but believe that Tomlin had the troops ready for battle coming out of the gate. Their focus starting this season is going to be world's better than last season so in turn, we should expect them to come out of the game like last season. I'm also confident that focus was lost late in the year leading to them squeaking out another divisional crown instead of it being the obvious.

The game against Cleveland is not a concern. I'm confident that with their list of injuries, we could beat them without Ben... of course... Leftwich would have to pass no MORE than 10 times. We should have a field day running the ball against them.

I'm not seeing Smith on an official injury report and I have every bit of faith that McFadden can step up and play just as well as Deshea.

They're going to be fine.

42-17. Good Guyz.

Here's to football! :cheers:

Return to Stillers Talk