Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Ben's money maker!

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Ben's money maker!

Postby derfsandmuskie » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:53 pm

Is anyone worried about BB shoulder! I know I am and its only the second week of the season. All this talk about BB being the best does not mean anything if he is hurt on the sidelines. Another shot like last week and BB arm will be ripped off his body.
Derfsandmuskie=aboyandhisdog

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Ben's money maker!

Postby steelerette » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:03 pm

I'm a bit concerned because, of course, I don't want to see our franchise QB injured, but in today's paper it was reported that Ben practiced yesterday, and he stated he HAS to win in his home state because he hasn't forgotten that the Browns passed him over in the draft and because his friends will tease him if he doesn't. There's no doubt about it, Ben will be ready to annihilate the Browns on Sunday night. He wants to win ~ BAD! :subngtowl:

Practice Squad

Postby derfsandmuskie » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:11 pm

Wanting to win and being able to are two different things. All he has done in pratice this week is hand off. This could be one of those lingering injuries that we never really now how bad it is. That being said I sure hope he alright and ready to destroy the Brown turds. We will see on Sun. night on his first deep pass how his shoulder is doing.

Practice Squad

Postby Scarletfire1970 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:58 pm

Maybe this is just a smoke screen as our first play ends up being a 75 yard pass TD to Santonio Holmes. :celebrate:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:31 pm

All he has done in pratice this week is hand off.

&
We will see on Sun. night on his first deep pass how his shoulder is doing.

This could very-well be a precursor to a 35-40 minute hand-off repeatedly, run it down their throats game. I wouldn't mind to see this... again. Houston started strong defending the run but didn't have an answer to the run game once the play-action was being used to perfection. The way Barber III and Jones treated that defense, I will find it hard to believe Parker, Mendy, Moore, and Davis won't be making the Stains defense stain themselves come Sunday night.

Maybe this is just a smoke screen as our first play ends up being a 75 yard pass TD to Santonio Holmes. :celebrate:

<sarcasm>

That would be completely IMMORAL to play down an injury of a key player to use it to your advantage of your up-coming game.

See: Slick Billy and the New England "Cheatriots". 8-)

</sarcasm>

That said...

I went on a whim and committed what is typically Fantasy Football suicide by selecting Ben and Santonio as my #1 QB and WR respectively.

I'm hoping you're right. ;) I was hoping for just this ANYWAY week one. Injury or not.

They're going to have a big season together. IIIIII haaaave a feeeelin'... ;)

Here's to Ben (and is shoulder) and Santonio! :cheers:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:34 pm

WoodsonOfSteel wrote:This could very-well be a precursor to a 35-40 minute hand-off repeatedly, run it down their throats game. I wouldn't mind to see this... again. Houston started strong defending the run but didn't have an answer to the run game once the play-action was being used to perfection. The way Barber III and Jones treated that defense, I will find it hard to believe Parker, Mendy, Moore, and Davis won't be making the Stains defense stain themselves come Sunday night.

Yeah, what he said. I think we're going to see a lot of FWP and Mendy during tonight's game. They will run right through the Clowns defense. Works for me! :subngtowl:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:52 pm

ben playing with a seperated shoulder , boy they kept that under wraps.

I wonder how long his type of seperation takes to heal 100%?

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:55 pm

darthsteel wrote:ben playing with a seperated shoulder , boy they kept that under wraps.

I wonder how long his type of seperation takes to heal 100%?

The better question is when does it stop bothering Ward? It seems to be bothering him more than Ben.

Practice Squad

Postby derfsandmuskie » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:05 pm

I hate to say I told you so!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:40 pm

darthsteel wrote:ben playing with a seperated shoulder , boy they kept that under wraps.

Isn't that the truth? He was firing the ball well, but it was very noticeable that his shoulder was bothering him. It didn't help that he, himself, fell on his right shoulder instead of going down on his left when he was pushed to the ground once I noticed. Hell, he was just pushed backwards during that play, and he could have went down and not landed on either shoulder just his dupa. Dumb! :no:

Return to Stillers Talk