Board index » Stillers Talk » Parker won AFC Offensive Player of the Week

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Parker won AFC Offensive Player of the Week

Postby pooter » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:06 pm

Stillers.com Team

Re: Parker won AFC Offensive Player of the Week

Postby trenches » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:49 pm

No surprise here, huh? It's only one game but I can see the fantasy masses cringing after passing on Parker due to his low 2007 TD productivity. :x

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:52 pm

trenches wrote:No surprise here, huh? It's only one game but I can see the fantasy masses cringing after passing on Parker due to his low 2007 TD productivity. :x

Actually, I've been surprised by the number of people who still took him high this year. I would've bet $100 he would have an off year stats-wise because of shared time w/ Mendenhall. But, I've talked to tons of FF players who thought otherwise. I was even going to buy a Mendenhall jersey. Thank God the shipping got screwed up, I cancelled that order for a Parker on Monday :)

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:59 pm

GodfatherofSoul wrote:I cancelled that order for a Parker on Monday :)

Nice!

Godfather, I am right there with you on the stats analysis from a FF standpoint. I think Mendy's share will slowly increase over the year though. I also thought that the WR/TE power of the team would lead to increased TD production from Benji's arm. In total, I still don't value Parker as a top notch FF starter but I'd love him to prove me wrong! :subngtowl:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:11 pm

I would not bank on the running game or passing game having huge stats this season.
If we opened against dallas we could have easilly thrown 35-40 times if dallas was scoring alot, which in turn would have had the media saying the stillers have shifted to a throw the ball on every down offense.
when all is said and done this season I think there will be an even amonut of games where we see the ball in the air 35 times and an equall amount of games where we see 15-20 passing attempts.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:28 pm

Saw on ESPN yesterday that FWP won the AFC Offensive Player of the Week honors. Congrats to Fast Willie on a job very well done. He most definitely deserves it.

Return to Stillers Talk