Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » NFL Coach approval ratings:Tomlin tops all

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

NFL Coach approval ratings:Tomlin tops all

Postby Hi5Steeler » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:04 pm

NFL Coach Approval Ratings - Week 1
; Select Coach; Bill BelichickBrad ChildressTom CoughlinRomeo CrennelJack Del RioTony DungyHerm EdwardsJeff FisherJohn FoxJon GrudenJohn HarbaughMike HolmgrenDick JauronLane KiffinGary KubiakMarvin LewisScott LinehanEric ManginiRod MarinelliMike McCarthyMike NolanSean PaytonWade PhillipsAndy ReidMike ShanahanLovie SmithMike SmithTony SparanoMike TomlinNorv TurnerKen WhisenhuntJim ZornView Week: 1This NFL season, we're giving you, SportsNation, the opportunity to cast your vote of approval, or disapproval, of the job your favorite team's head coach is doing. Is he molding a winning team and inspiring championship-level play from his team? Or is he constantly tinkering with the offense and defense resulting in sloppy, erratic play? Is he making good decisions on the field and saying all the right things off the field? Or is he making crucial mistakes that cost the team games and then deflecting the blame?

The following are the latest results from the 2008 SportsNation NFL Head Coach Approval Ratings:

NFL Coach Approval Ratings - Week 1

Mike
Tomlin 94%
Team: Pittsburgh Steelers
Record: 1-0
Votes: 2,158 Steelers 38, Houston 17
michael_huff24: If you had any doubts about the Steelers going into the season, they're gone. If you made the trendy pick of the Texans to win the wild card, they're gone. Nice job Steelers.
donkingruinedboxing: Pittsburgh may as well have let the practice squad play in this game. Vote

Dick
Jauron 91%
Team: Buffalo Bills
Votes: 923 Bills 34, Seahawks 10
broy360: Buffalo isn't making the playoffs. They haven't made the playoffs this century. I'm not impressed. The Chiefs could have blown the Seahawks out of this game.
DMacFan08: Buffalo is going to be very good this year. I am a Darren McFadden fan who is going to love watching him run all over whoever gets in his way. Go D-Mac! Vote

Sean
Payton 91%
Team: New Orleans Saints
Votes: 1,175 Saints 24, Buccaneers 20
EndlessMike03: Reggie Bush has been sick today. I think he will get over 2,000 total yards this year.
JimmyHHH: Any Saints fans out there trying to defend Bush aren't real Saints fans. He is hurting the team. Out of all backs in the NFL, he goes down more often than any of them on the very first point that he is touched. I'm so sick of watching him dance around like an idiot in the background waiting for someone to tackle him for a loss. He is wasting an opportunity for other decent running backs. Vote

Mike
Smith 91%
Team: Atlanta Falcons
Votes: 581 Falcons 34, Lions 21
tenneseetitanfan: The Falcons win six games and it's a good season for them and their fans. By the way, the Falcons are MUCH better than people think.
Skubishack: Who would have thought that the Falcons would be the first team to score in this new season? Like I said before, they will be better and Ryan will be a starter for years to come. He will make everyone grateful that Vick is gone. Maybe Vick can be brought back as a reciever for Ryan? Vote

John
Fox 90%
Team: Carolina Panthers
Votes: 752 Panthers 26, Chargers 24
Super_Eman: Wow! 3 people triangled around that one person and that throw was delivered precisely. Ouch!
kdakid: No Steve Smith, and Delhomme throws the game winning TD to...who was that guy? Vote

Andy
Reid 90%
Team: Philadelphia Eagles
Votes: 887 Eagles 38, Saints 3
pfserbur: The Eagles look like a complete team today. They would dominate any team on this day. It doesn't matter who they are playing.

EAGLESin2008: This game shows all guns blazing. A good pass rush, a BRUTAL secondary, a healthy sharpshooter in McNabb, along with Brian Westbrook, make the Eagles a scary team. Vote

Mike
Shanahan 89%
Team: Denver Broncos
Votes: 615 Broncos 41, Raiders 14
BroncosFan1021: Only the BEGINNING of a wonderful season. This was clearly the real Monday Night Game. If Cutler can play like this every week, the Broncos are clearly playoff-bound
twodaysfast: This year's Denver team is going to be much different then the past. They will use the pass to set up the run. They have a scat back as a starter, and Hall is just a grinder off the bench. Cutler will use Marsh, Royal, and Schef to open up the defenses. Vote

John
Harbaugh 87%
Team: Baltimore Ravens
Votes: 487 Ravens 17, Bengals 10
74tballance: The Ravens have been double-covering TJ and Chad. Chad had just ONE CATCH. TJ had four. The Bengals ran just FIVE plays in the 4th quarter.
Tonymecca68: If this is a sign of things to come, then the Ravens will be back on top pretty soon. Vote

Wade
Phillips 87%
Team: Dallas Cowboys
Votes: 930 Cowboys 28, Browns 10
j3wilks: The Cowboys are an outstanding team but the NFL is getting faster by the moment. The Cowboys may not be able to keep up if they don't put more pressure on the passing game through their franchise.
INCowboy88: If Dallas can get off to a good start, they can easily be 8-0 or 7-1 heading into NY in Week 8. I think it will be 7-1. Vote

Lovie
Smith 84%
Team: Chicago Bears
Votes: 489 Bears 29, Colts 13
thisisde23: I dont wont to say I said so but this goes out for the real Bear fans out there. Only a handful of us agreed that the bears could win this game. Everyone else called us stupid and delusional saying the bears would only win 5 games or 7 games this year.
lian_vue: You have too be very surprised the Bears dismantled the Colts the way they did. Orton managed that game like a true pro, Forte was the beast the Bears thought he was, and the defense played like grizzlies. I was very impressed and quite pleased by the efforts of the Chicago Bears Vote

Tom
Coughlin 84%
Team: New York Giants
Votes: 428 Giants 16, Redskins 7
VigilanteNY: As a Giants fan, I was not impressed with the win, but as the saying goes, a win is a win. Most fans outside of NY are probably not impressed because the Giants always seem to win ugly. But that's the team. They're a lunch pail group. They are a run and defense team. What concerns me (is not that they won a close game against an unimpressive Redskins team), but they don't know how to put the "foot on the neck" of their opponents! They've had this same problem against good teams as well (see Pats vs. Giants game week 17, Giants were up 28-16 going into the 4th quarter). This will eventually catch up to them.
AIORIA_DE_LEO: Eli played HORRIBLE. He threw four possible interceptions that the Redskins missed in all but one. Plaxico is one of the best receivers in football when he has money on his pockets. Jacobs is just a monster truck and Justin Tuck is the real deal. There was NOTHING super on this win over the Redskins, the Giants played bad after the 2nd quarter and were lucky the Skins never showed on the field. Vote

Ken
Whisenhunt 84%
Team: Arizona Cardinals
Votes: 331 Cardinals 23, 49ers 13
ktmHanson378: The Cards should have won 31-10. Even so, let's see Mr. O'Sullivan try beat Cardinals with his arm.
49erBrian: Defense played hard and well enough to win. I will credit the Cards as well for not turning the ball over and forcing us to do so. Vote

Jeff
Fisher 84%
Team: Tennessee Titans
Votes: 411 Titans 17, Jaguars 10
bst1983: I love the Titans' defense. If they replace VY or if VY plays a lot better than he has, I believe they can go deep in the playoffs.
Heist77: Wish i had started Johnson on my Fantasy team. I knew he would be awesome. I was just worried White would steal some of his carries. Vote

Eric
Mangini 79%
Team: New York Jets
Votes: 444 Jets 20, Dolphins 14
doseofjersey: Honestly, I'm glad that Farve is doing what he is doing. With the new and improved line, rejuvenated defense, and Farve, I see this team making a good push for a wild card spot.
YankeesJets3275: The Jets have been sloppy this game. If they play like this against the Pats or Chargers, they will get stomped. Vote

Tony
Sparano 77%
Team: Miami Dolphins
Record: 0-1
Votes: 1,081 Jets 20, Dolphins 14
chocomil25: Pennington looks like a quarterback who deserves to be a free agent, I don't think he knows what he's doing out there. Are we in for another disappointing season?
XxBpLxX: 3rd and goal at the 2 and you don't put it on the ground once? Why not? See if Ricky or Ronnie can find a hole. Hard to make up 13 points when you can't score. Vote

Mike
McCarthy 72%
Team: Green Bay Packers
Votes: 591 Packers 24, Vikings 19
Parkcitykid: Rodgers was lucky that the Vikings had a pathetic attempt at a 2 minute run down the field. The last interception was one of the worst passes I've ever seen. If they had been successful, Rodgers would have been hung out to dry. Farve looked much better.
bravesfn1018: It was a total team effort but Rodgers gets the credit because A.) He is the QB, B.) He did not turn the ball over (or even risk it), C.) He scored the game winner, and D.) He was under more pressure to perform well than any of the other players were and he still played within himself. Vote

Tony
Dungy 70%
Team: Indianapolis Colts
Votes: 349 Bears 29, Colts 13
Chiweasey: Hey Dungy, why don't you try keeping the flag in your pocket next time? I know you're not happy with the outcome, but throwing that flag doesn't change it. This man respects football and should know to acknowledge a great play when he sees one.
miketatham34: I for one am not saying the Bears are a better football team than the Colts: it was the good old fashioned butt whipping on any given Sunday theory. If these teams lined up again next week, maybe it's the Colts' turn, who knows? What I do know is that the Colts were outplayed and outcoached about as badly as I've seen them in the last few years. The Colts will bounce back, I kind of hope they do. It will legitimize the Bears victory even more. Vote

Bill
Belichick 60%
Team: New England Patriots
Votes: 970 Patriots 17, Chiefs 10
Atom_ant_57: Cassel is outplaying Brady. Looks like we're going to find out if Brady is the best QB in the NFL or if Brady just happens to be on the best team in the NFL.
curseover0407: If the worst has happened then we'll deal and pray for the best. Brady is only 31, he will be around to hound teams for plenty more years Vote

Jack
Del Rio 56%
Team: Jacksonville Jaguars
Votes: 222 Titans 17, Jaguars 10
michael_huf24: The Jags need to step it up if they want to be legit.
mavunit128: The Jaguars will choke. They won't even make the playoffs if they keep playing like this. Vote

Lane
Kiffin 52%
Team: Oakland Raiders
Votes: 322 Broncos 41, Raiders 14
RaisinBran157: Kiffin needs to go. When you have a team like the Raiders that is trying to rebuild (albeit, they have been rebuilding since Gruden left), you really need a veteran coach that understands how to coach and make in-game adjustments.
killerclones: Russell was a wasted pick. He is the next Marinovich: strong arm and no savvy. He'll be out of the league in 2 years Vote

Gary
Kubiak 51%
Team: Houston Texans
Votes: 197 Steelers 38, Texans 17
MatmanFury: I love how Houston leaves Schaub and Johnson in to get some garbage-time stats. A team that thought they had a chance to do anything this year would pull its starters from a game like this.
big7style: Mario Williams is a beast. Too bad he doesnt play for a real team with a real defense like the Steelers. Vote

Brad
Childress 49%
Team: Minnesota Vikings
Votes: 1,174 Packers 24, Vikings 19
chrisjames0915: All I gotta say is FIRE CHILDRESS! He completely abandoned the run basically the whole second half of the game. We have the best running tandem in the NFL and he's putting the game on Jackson's shoulders? What a mess.
Shane_Nord: All offseason the Vikes knew they had to improve the passing game. They went out and got Berrian (not that he's the greatest), but he was the best free agent out there. Their leading receiver last night was a 3rd string TE, some guy named Mills. 3 for 49. How does Childress still have a job today? Where was all the preparation for this game? I find it hard to watch the play calling last night, but we have seen it the last 2 seasons. Vote

Jon
Gruden 46%
Team: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Votes: 227 Saints 24, Buccaneers 20
th3rdyes: The offensive play calling is horrible. Garcia is throwing the ball behind receivers. It's a rough day
easTGun: Two very physical teams. No surprise from Tampa, big surprise from NOLA. Tampa has an inept offense, no surprise. NOLA looks just as confused, big surprise. Vote

Mike
Holmgren 45%
Team: Seattle Seahawks
Votes: 976 Bills 34, Seahawks 10 paulimer: Seattle, when healthy, is certainly a team to reckon with, but they're not. They are hurting bad. Time will tell how bad Burleson and Morris are hurting. I haven't seen a team hurting this bad from injuries across the board as the Seahawks are now. It will reflect, and today was just the beginning. The Seahawks couldn't even play well in the rain.
CPGRaider08: Hawks are 0-1, no surprises. We may have had a few bad years here as of late but we can only go up, and up we shall. Vote

Herm
Edwards 38%
Team: Kansas City Chiefs
Votes: 389 Patriots 17, Chiefs 10
mizzourah87: The Chiefs supposedly have five running backs that could be effective starters and they keep trotting out LJ. I guess you can't blame LJ because the play calling has been extremely obvious and terrible. Run, run, pass.... run, run, pass... run, run, pass.... that scheme wouldn't work against the Broncos, much less the Patriots.
glasgowrangersfan31: I do not know if I am going to be able to stomach an entire season of watching LJ run into a brick wall on first down, which leads to a third and five or six every offensive possesion. Herm must really think the best NFL games are 16-13 and won by the defense. I do not care for Herm. Vote

Norv
Turner 24%
Team: San Diego Chargers
Votes: 397 Panthers 25, Chargers 24
adub47: With the weapons SD has, they should have blown out Carolina. That's all I'm saying.
SDchargers8521: Merriman should have gotten that surgery. It's not like he's doing anything right now. Wouldn't make a difference with or without him today. Vote

Jim
Zorn 22%
Team: Washington Redskins
Votes: 413 Giants 16, Redskins 7
CBRBACK: Yeah, the Redskins looked pitiful. Actually, this is good, because at least now we all might get two easy games this year. After the first drive I thought the Giants would hang 40 on them. I dont know if they just went conservative and tried to pound them and kill the clock, or if they did not execute. I'll be anxious to see the Giants against a better team.
dan_d_fan_987: Man, did the Redskins play like the Deadskins last night. Do they have a no huddle offense? How many times did they punt on 4th and 1 or 4th and 2?

Bmacx12461: I know Portis was having some success, but they ran the ball way too much in the end in my opinion. Vote

Mike
Nolan 21%
Team: San Francisco 49ers
Votes: 518 Cardinals 23, 49ers 13
mjackson1274: Takeo Spikes is the reason we lost this game. The guy hasn't made any plays in the preseason or in this game. He's a bust in my opinion.
TheTric: If Martz turns this offense around, what are the odds of him taking over as head coach and Nolan being demoted to defensive coach? Vote

Romeo
Crennel 20%
Team: Cleveland Browns
Votes: 761 Cowboys 28, Browns 10
TheBurntOrangebloods: How can you kick the field goal in that situation? With one quarter and you're down to an offense that you can't efficiently stop? Shows a lot about the Browns coaching staff.
NJPlayer79: Romeo Crennel, this is a guy who will be joining Denny Green and Cam Cameron at the end of this season. Vote

Rod
Marinelli 17%
Team: Detroit Lions
Votes: 765 Falcons 34, Lions 21
jsmith504: Marinelli blamed the defensive coordinator after year 1, the offensive coordinator after year 2; does he blame himself this year with his precious 11 defensive lineman who obviously can't stop the run?
Jake11778: The Lions are no different than last year. On defense they can't tackle and just try to knock people down. That doesn't work in the NFL Vote

Marvin
Lewis 11%
Team: Cincinnati Bengals
Votes: 1,463 Ravens 17, Bengals 10
JBTG33: Carson "Happy Feet" Palmer, is so shocked when he actually has time to pass that he doesn't know what to do. Has Carson ever led a come-from-behind victory? I'm sure he has, but not very often. They have a veteran OL, but they can't protect, and they don't get much push in the run game.
bcatts32: I wish they'd fire Lewis right now. I mean, how do you only score three points with that offense? Pathetic. You just got out-coached big time. Vote

Scott
Linehan 7%
Team: St. Louis Rams
Votes: 569 Eagles 38, Saints 3
CardsHogsBlues: Looks like another LONG year for the Rams. Everything and everbody on this team stinks today. I might have to adjust my 6-10 forecast.

mjumpman:FIRE LINEHAN, what a joke. The Eagles don't even have a respectable receiver and they are going to end up with 400 yards passing. Every opener under Linehan has been a joke! Unreal. Vote

Return to Stillers Talk